Nate Oates went to the Yale locker room ...

LINK

...to congratulate Yale on beating us.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

LINK

...to congratulate Yale on beating us.

what a richard. i bet he has never congratulated us for beating anyone.

Between him and people like Lane Kiffin, we have some sorry sack of s---- human beings coaching in this league. Some people, you can't help but to wish bad things to.

Wonder what they would be saying if we won, then Charleston beat them? Then Bruce went to the Charleston locker room to congratulate them. It was totally bush league. One thing as a coach is while you may have your preference of who wins in other games, being open about it is taboo. 

• Like 1

It appears there is more context of why he went to the other locker room. I could see CBP doing something similar if that’s truly the case

• Like 1

Nate Oats is a straight up jackass, he’s also a pretty dang good coach.  Same can be said for the leprechaun that just retired over there.

31 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Nate Oates probably does alot of the stuff he does because he knows it drives so many of you crazy. The guy lives rent free in alot of y'alls heads. Add Lane Kiffin to that list as well. 

The rest of the SEC fans look at Hugh Freeze as a piece of s*** as well. Hell, most everybody on this message board talked bad about Hugh but it changed when he was introduced as HC here. I remember an Auburn message board I was a member of back when Bruce Pearl coached Tennessee. Everybody on that board talked about how stupid Bruce looked when he went shirtless at a Tennessee women's basketball game and painted his body orange. Then when those pictures came out of him out on a boat on the lake hugged up on teenage girls in bikini's, Auburn fans had a field day with that. That was around the time Bruce got his divorce after 25 years I believe. But that Auburn message board couldn't stand Bruce and when he got in all the trouble about the barbecue party at Tennessee, those forum members all agreed Bruce should get fired and he did. Then ALL those Auburn fans totally pulled a 180° when Bruce was announced as our new HC. He was a saint the second he arrived at the airport. Then after he went 15-20 and 11-20 the first 2 years, most wanted him fired.

I've said it on here before, we always dislike other coaches and even hate other coaches but then we get a sudden case of amnesia when they're announced as the new Auburn head coach. Funny how that works.

Well, Hugh may have his baggage, but at least he didn't partake in covering for an accessory to murder. All in the name of winning ballgames.

• Like 1

to be fair i read another article later and nate claims he never talked to the team. he and the yale coach are close friends and he did go congratulate his friend. i cannot get upset about that. i mean to say this earlier but i have the crud and napped for about four or five hours.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, e808 said:

It appears there is more context of why he went to the other locker room. I could see CBP doing something similar if that’s truly the case

Fact is if we did that to them our fan base would love it. 

I wish the rival stuff would stick to just over beating them and seeing them lose. Trying to pretend we are better people and all of that is crazy to me

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I have no problem with Oats doing what he did, even if he addressed the Yale team and sang their fight song with them.  I subscribe to the Rex Ryan philosophy on things like that.  If we didn't want something like that to happen, we should have won the game.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/27/2024 at 7:21 PM, WillMunny said:

I have no problem with Oats doing what he did, even if he addressed the Yale team and sang their fight song with them.  I subscribe to the Rex Ryan philosophy on things like that.  If we didn't want something like that to happen, we should have won the game.

Pat Dye's philosophy, also. When asked what he thought about Coach Spurrier running up the score on AU, he said something like , well, if we didn't like it we should've stopped them. 

• Like 1

You guys need to sack up. He just got his team to the final four. Our coach got us a one and done, again.

Oates has his issues, like every human being. But the one thing he is, is a superior coach. 

No matter how much you may not like it, the proof is in the pudding.

Edited by 1716AU
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 1716AU said:

You guys need to suck up. He just got his team to the final four. Our coach got us a one and done, again.

Oates has his issues, like every human being. But the one thing he is, is a superior coach. 

No matter how much you may not like it, the proof is in the pudding.

I now hate pudding! LOL

• Haha 2

On 3/30/2024 at 7:50 AM, JuscAUse! said:

Pat Dye's philosophy, also. When asked what he thought about Coach Spurrier running up the score on AU, he said something like , well, if we didn't like it we should've stopped them. 

This sums up my thoughts. It never happens if Auburn beats Yale like they were predicted to do. That Yale team wasn't. Auburn's guard play was just worse.

On 3/31/2024 at 6:37 AM, 1716AU said:

Our coach got us a one and done, again.

Was the first one and done for AU since 1984, but yes, point taken on Bruce’s record at AU in the post-season minus 2019.