Trump’s VP

Most people who’ve worked with Trump directly have ended up damaged goods. And that’s the absolute best case.  IMO anyone with serious long term aspirations (a Desantis type) who thinks it through will steer clear of the role.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2024 at 2:31 PM, JMWATS said:

At this point I would prefer Senator Tim Scott.

I mean... he did go out and find a wife for this very purpose. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I mean... he did go out and find a wife for this very purpose. 

What are you implying?

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

What are you implying?

Some Republicans were wary of Scott's campaign for President because they were afraid he was gay man, as he was near 60 year old, perpetually single, and never married, and they were afraid that him being caught with a man or coming out as gay could hurt his support with the Evangelical base.

Then Tim Scott suddenly pulls a woman from of his hat out of nowhere, and announces that they are getting married. 

I personally do believe Scott's story that he's just a very private, introverted man who just never wanted to publicly talk about his relationships, but it is kind of funny that he suddenly comes out fiancé right as him not being married was becoming a talking point in national circles. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

4 hours ago, JMWATS said:

What are you implying?

Just stating a fact... nothing more.

7 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Some Republicans were wary of Scott's campaign for President because they were afraid he was gay man, as he was near 60 year old, perpetually single, and never married, and they were afraid that him being caught with a man or coming out as gay could hurt his support with the Evangelical base.

Then Tim Scott suddenly pulls a woman from of his hat out of nowhere, and announces that they are getting married. 

I personally do believe Scott's story that he's just a very private, introverted man who just never wanted to publicly talk about his relationships, but it is kind of funny that he suddenly comes out fiancé right as him not being married was becoming a talking point in national circles. 

You seriously think any of us would have a problem voting for Tim Scott over Biden? Or as Trumps VP? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

You seriously think any of us would have a problem voting for Tim Scott over Biden? Or as Trumps VP? 

If Tim Scott was gay then, yes that would have affected the enthusiasm and support that a large number of evangelicals would have for him. 

maybe it wouldn’t for you or for the people you know, but for many it would. 

It doesn’t mean they vote for Biden, it could mean choosing not to vote at all or lead to less donations on the campaign trail. 

7 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

If Tim Scott was gay then, yes that would have affected the enthusiasm and support that a large number of evangelicals would have for him. 

maybe it wouldn’t for you or for the people you know, but for many it would. 

It doesn’t mean they vote for Biden, it could mean choosing not to vote at all or lead to less donations on the campaign trail. 

That’s just your fantasy. You can’t speak for republicans or conservatives. People like you are why fables like this exist. You must be getting very nervous to go after a hypothetical Scott.

9 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

That’s just your fantasy. You can’t speak for republicans or conservatives. People like you are why fables like this exist. You must be getting very nervous to go after a hypothetical Scott.

https://www.axios.com/2023/08/31/tim-scott-not-married-single-republican-donors

Top GOP donors and their allies privately are pushing Sen. Tim Scott's team for more detail about his bachelor status before deciding how much to support him in the presidential campaign, according to two people familiar with the conversations.

Why it matters: Many of the donors are in the market for a viable alternative to former President Trump — but still aren't sure about Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who's running second to Trump in GOP polls. Scott, 57, is among those trying to woo such fundraisers.

• The U.S. hasn't elected an unmarried person as president in 139 years. It's typical for candidates to trot out their families to try to enhance their appeal to voters.
  • Scott's reluctance to say much about his private life has raised concerns among some conservative Republican donors, according to the sources, who requested anonymity given the sensitivity of the issue.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've spent a majority of my life as a Conservative Evangelical in rural Alabama. I was brought up in an evangelical Church that taught me that Gay people and lbgtq lifestyles are of the devil, leading to the destruction of our civilization, and are disgusting. I've was taught that homosexuality and general sexual depravity was one big reason why God allowed the ancient Greek and Roman empires to fall. I've been taught that homosexuals were the reason God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah and that the United states could very well be next on Gods list if Christians didn't stand up and fight for 'what's right'. 

Not even a decade or so ago it was common for Conservatives to blame acceptance of gays as a reason for natural disasters like hurricanes and tornados. 

I'm glad that apparently you grew up in and live in a Christian community that is apparently super tolerant and actually seems to be socially liberal in many ways, but a lot of us have experienced differently.

• Thanks 1

Interesting that he's responding to "donors".

Not saying it's any different from what Democratic hopefuls do, just that it's part of the indictment of our political system.

6 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

I appreciate you differentiate them.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

On 4/28/2024 at 10:19 AM, TexasTiger said:

If you anticipate voting for Trump, who’s your choice for VP?

if you’re not, which realistic choice concerns you least?

https://www.axios.com/2024/04/28/trump-burgum-vice-president-contender-election

Barrack Hussein Obama.

Name a better VP for him, pro-tip. Your can't.

• Haha 3

Tom Cotton on This Week ABC News

Tim Scott on Meet the Press

Kristi Noem on Face the Nation

On 5/2/2024 at 12:00 AM, jj3jordan said:

To be clear.... I believe many of you would do ANYTHING that Trump told you to do.  ANYTHING.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

You are being seriously misled.

Almost every member of his first administration has stated publicly that he should not be President.  If you won't listen to any of them, why would I believe otherwise?

• Like 3