Are evangelicals the least Christian among us?

1 hour ago, creed said:

Closing the borders is a bad plan.  Why?  Because all our past U.S. representatives have run up a huge debt that needs to be reduced. Cutting spending alone will not get it done. We will have to produce (and cut) our way out of the debt issue. The US doesn’t have enough workers to increase production unless we allow lots of migrants. 

There's also this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/05/09/opinions/us-population-shrinking-immigration-census-gest

I'm not for open borders, but if we want this country to avoid serious economic problems we need to build a strong system to allow a good number of people to immigrate into this country. Wouldn't be a horrible thing if the population declined very slowly, but a rapid decrease would cause serious problems.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Close the border, or at least try. Foreign leaders fear him, they think he's a loose cannon. Their only opinion of Biden is a weak, incompetent fool. Turn American industry and business loose and thus reduce inflation. I could go on until dark but those are a few high points.

Trump’s plans will raise inflation.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-tariff-plan-inflation-policy-impact-trade-war-china-rates-2024-5?amp

Do you honestly think Putin fears Trump?

https://www.npr.org/2024/02/11/1230658309/trump-would-encourage-russia-to-attack-nato-allies-who-dont-pay-bills

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I love the "they think he's a loose cannon" bit. That a person can think it's preferable to have a leader that's feared because they're a freaking lunatic just blows my mind. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

I love the "they think he's a loose cannon" bit. That a person can think it's preferable to have a leader that's feared because they're a freaking lunatic just blows my mind. 

They think it’s like pitching:

https://clip.cafe/bull-durham-1988/yep-i-wouldnt-dig-in-there-i-you/

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

If you did your homework and read some of the referenced articles posted earlier in this thread, you might have a clue.  Please try to keep up.

If you shut the computer down and visit a few real settings in the world you may have a clue. 

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Trump’s plans will raise inflation.

They didn't before. Biden's plans did.

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Do you honestly think Putin fears Trump?

Yes. He didn't invade Ukraine until weakling Biden took office.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leftfield said:

I'd rather have our foreign enemies fear a loose cannon than laugh at and defy an incompetent wimp.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'd rather have our foreign enemies fear a loose cannon than laugh at and defy an incompetent wimp.

Just because you see him that way doesn't mean they do.

And just because a person actually gives a damn about the consequences of their actions, not just in this country but around the world, doesn't make them weak and incompetent.

As Tex said, if you think Putin is afraid of Trump, you're fooling yourself. Xi isn't afraid of him, either. Trump was actively weakening NATO and pissing off all our allies, which is what both Xi and Putin want. Would be much easier for them to confront us with a crumbling NATO and allies that don't have much interest in helping. 

Edited by Leftfield

57 minutes ago, Mikey said:

They didn't before. Biden's plans did

At least Joe made it worse most other places.

IMG_2132.jpeg

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

He has made it worse in places that do not support him. Had to pay $6 for a bag of ice down on the coast last weekend. Pitiful. 

8 hours ago, Leftfield said:

And just because a person actually gives a damn about the consequences of their actions, not just in this country but around the world, doesn't make them weak and incompetent.

Is this a joke?  Good one.

As we speak, Joe has taken all the leverage Israel had in getting the hostages returned and now Hamas isn’t even negotiating a return.  He has weakened our only real ally in the ME and the world is watching.  And why?  Because he is worried civilians that are human shields maybe be hurt?  He is allowing terrorists to be terrorists, he does not take a stand on any issue, just blows with the electorial wind.  

The man is not a leader and he has a lot of power.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

He has weakened our only real ally in the ME and the world is watching.

How has Israel been weakened? Last I checked they are obliterating Hamas day by day with a vastly superior military. When Iran barraged them with a missile strike they used their dome to come out unscathed. So please provide specifics on how they have been weakened by Biden. 

12 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

How has Israel been weakened? Last I checked they are obliterating Hamas day by day with a vastly superior military. When Iran barraged them with a missile strike they used their dome to come out unscathed. So please provide specifics on how they have been weakened by Biden. 

I'd like to hear the answer to this question too. 

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Seriously?  Israel has used it’s strength to defend itself up until Oct. 7 of last year.  They have mostly taken a defensive posture with Hamas.  They have always been acutely aware of any threat to their existence until that date in 2023.

Yes, Israel is still a strong nation, but its existence is being threatened and Biden has taken offensive weaponary off the table for them to complete their mission.  Playing defense is great, but that is not a good strategy when you are being attacked.

From the river to the sea is not a casual chant and the ME is all about the perception of strength.  If the US withdraws its support by not allowing offensive weaponary for Israel to complete the mission and try to rescue the remaining hostages, they will be weakened in the eyes of Hamas as we have already seen by them withdrawing from negotiations.

ETA: a good offense is the best defense

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Interesting map.  Now, show one that goes back to when Bungling Biden took office in 2021. 3.2% inflation on top of what we have suffered in prior years under Biden is pretty stiff.

Inertesting prespective:

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

He has made it worse in places that do not support him. Had to pay $6 for a bag of ice down on the coast last weekend. Pitiful. 

Don’t read statistical representations well, huh? Or grasp sarcasm?

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Interesting map.  Now, show one that goes back to when Bungling Biden took office in 2021. 3.2% inflation on top of what we have suffered in prior years under Biden is pretty stiff.

Ever hear of the pandemic? It was followed by a roaring recovery and supply chain issues along with gouging opportunism by those companies you want to “set free.”

IMG_2172.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Seriously?

Yes seriously. Israel has one of the world’s best militaries, the dome for missile defense, and they’re fighting an enemy with minimal tanks and no air power. Israel is also very sound financially, especially relative to their enemy. Hamas is being obliterated with minimal Israeli casualties(relative to Hamas casualties ). I think you’re confusing that situation with Ukraine, who is facing one of the worlds largest militaries while vastly outgunned and out manned and incapable of defeating Russia without massive aid. 

Biden has failed on many fronts but Israel is not weaker because of him. They are rock solid strong, independent of him. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Don’t read statistical representations well, huh? Or grasp sarcasm?

Same bag of ice was $3 when Trump left office. Lot more than 3.2% increase. Guess joe thinks we should drink hot beer while fishing.

Not sure you grasp sarcasm either.

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Same bag of ice was $3 when Trump left office. Lot more than 3.2% increase. Guess joe thinks we should drink hot beer while fishing.

Not sure you grasp sarcasm either.

I grasp you’re not considering the Dem no matter what the Republican does.

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I grasp you’re not considering the Dem no matter what the Republican does.

Good point. I try then along comes Brother Homer or Fiddy with their ramblings.

7 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Good point. I try then along comes Brother Homer or Fiddy with their ramblings.

Poor thing. You try so hard and then strangers post things.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Is this a joke?  Good one.

As we speak, Joe has taken all the leverage Israel had in getting the hostages returned and now Hamas isn’t even negotiating a return.  He has weakened our only real ally in the ME and the world is watching.  And why?  Because he is worried civilians that are human shields maybe be hurt?  He is allowing terrorists to be terrorists, he does not take a stand on any issue, just blows with the electorial wind.  

The man is not a leader and he has a lot of power.

You think Hamas isn't negotiating because Biden is refusing to send weapons?

First of all, Israel and Hamas have been going back and forth for months but could never agree on how many should be released from each side, so a deal was very unlikely to happen to begin with.

Second, the main reason Hamas has backed off is because the fighting has now begun in Rafah, which Netanyahu has been saying for weeks they were going to go into. Netanyahu has said the operation would go forward with or without a deal, so what reason did Hamas have to really try?

Biden isn't "blowing in the wind." Behind the scenes, the Biden administration has been telling Netanyahu for months that his tactics were going too far, and that pausing weapons shipments was being considered. Biden only came forward publicly with this because Netanyahu isn't changing anything in his push into Rafah. 

• Like 1

Hamas is awful and can’t be trusted, but look at this logically— the ONLY leverage they have are the hostages. Why would they give up their only negotiating advantage for anything that doesn’t allow them to survive? If one is intent on crushing Hamas, you’re likely sacrificing the hostages.

• Like 1