Who has been more disappointing so far

sntemp

I have a hard time believing that any of these guys, all of which have been playing football since they were knee high to a grasshopper, don't understand how to contain as a defensive end. If they were "crashing down" too often, isn't that the defensive play call?

I'm sure they do things 100% different than my high school coaches did, but on the line, the play called usually determined how you rushed, inside, outside etc. Maybe they react to what they see when the O lines up, which means the responsibility rests with the players. If they are rushing according to the defensive call from the sidelines, then the coach is responsible.

Can anyone with more knowledge than me on the subject (and that should be about 90% of you :big: ) shed some light on the subject.

On a positive note, the D pressured Conner as good as possible Saturday. He had to hurry everything and I guarantee he's been in the whirlpool several times since Saturday.

When you get the attention these two guys got in the off season, you get more attention on Saturday. CT has not been catching the ball real well, but I have seen him do other things that are good, such as blocking and so forth. I'm not concerned about those guys right now, They will come on as we go, as long as others are stepping up it will be alright.

i don't dislike any player that puts on an auubrn jersey. none. i just think stanley has been given too much credit for being dominant when he's never really been asked to be a complete player until now. q plays a more complete game when i watch them both. stanley will eventually become a very good and possibly great player (i think he's destined for the marcus washington route... end at auburn linebacker in the nfl). i just don't see where the lovefest (which exists on the national level as well) for the guy comes from other than his charisma.

and yeah, i think the coaches are partially to blame for the things he does wrong. they trained him to be a pass rush machine. his high school coaches probably did the same since he had the pure talent to catch almost any back from behind if he was going the wrong way. and now, they have to rewire the way he plays the game. he'll get it. i just don't think he's there right now.

and courtney threw one of the best blocks i've seen from a receiver in a long time last saturday. i can't remember the play, but i think the one i'm refering to was a screen along the left sideline where he just buried his corner. he'll come around too. his problems are just a mental issue that will correct itself.

Who has been more disappointing so far?

If you are bashing a player you need to look in a mirror for the answer.

My answer is "The Bandwagon Fans"

If we go 13-0 or 0-11 I will still enjoy rooting for my Tigers. :au:

yeah, i've missed a total of two games in the last four years home or away. none in the disappointing 2003. i've come to games since i was two. you're right. talking football and analyzing player performance in a way that isn't mean or insulting is the sign of a bandwagon fan.

Who has been more disappointing so far?

If you are bashing a player you need to look in a mirror for the answer.

My answer is "The Bandwagon Fans"

If we go 13-0 or 0-11 I will still enjoy rooting for my Tigers. :au:

180981[/snapback]

retarded comment... :thumbsdown:

I can see how you would percieve some of the fans on this board being pessemistic or negative on...but bandwagon???? I don't think so!!! I think everyone here is passionate about Auburn football or they wouldn't waste their time posting here...

Archived