SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK

stoic-one

Glad to see Will get a TD. He is definately one of the LEADERS on this TEAM. :au:

According the non- :au: locals here, Herring is the worst player in the :sec:   :big:

180737[/snapback]

You know defensive player of the week is just a pity award :P

SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK

WILL HERRING

Free Safety

AUBURN

6-3 • 220 • Junior

Opelika, Ala. (HS)

* Herring tallied five solo tackles, including one quarterback sack and returned a fumble seven yards for a touchdown in Auburn's 28-0 win over Mississippi State.

* The TD was the first of his career and gave the Tigers a 21-0 lead midway through the third quarter.

* Herring's TD was the first by an Auburn defensive player since Carlos Rogers returned an interception for a score last year against Louisiana Tech.

* Auburn's defense held the Bulldogs to just 207 total yards.

* Auburn has a league-high six shutouts since 2000.

Congrats to Will. It looks like he may have cut out the biting too hard on play action passes, pump fakes, and counters which were the only three things keeping him from being an all SEC safety. I love the way he hits. Keep up the good work.

I love Will Herring. He is my second or third most favorite guy on the football field behind Groves and maybe the Williams'. He doesn't get enough credit from the Auburn faithful cuz he's white and had like 3 bad plays all last year (which isn't bad).

He doesn't get enough credit from the Auburn faithful cuz he's white

180801[/snapback]

Ya thats it.... :rolleyes:

180806[/snapback]

Are you a student at Auburn? I'm not trying to sound sarcastic here, it's an honest question. EVERYONE I have ever talked to wants him off the field because he "doesn't have any athletic ability" aka "he's white." It's the same reason people don't like Tre Smith. Yea, Tre get's hit and he's down (no balance). But I had people IMn me from NY saying, "what's up with the white running back" after the GT game. Yea, I know ppl from NY know little about CFB and that he had a great Bama game. I like the guy, I like Kenny more, but I like Tre. People don't like Tre and Will. After Ben's catch, people didn't want his butt off the field, but when Will Herring misses 1 or 2 tackles against UT and gets schooled in the Sugar Bowl, people want him off the field. Ask the student body, they generally are not fans of Will Herring, nor Tre Smith. Do you really think it's because they don't have skill? People have mixed reactions on Cox, but a white QB is not rare.

Archived