One nation "without" God?

CCTAU

Could California please fall off the face of the earth!

SAN FRANCISCO - Reciting the Pledge of Allegiance in public schools was ruled unconstitutional Wednesday by a federal judge who granted legal standing to two families represented by an atheist who lost his previous battle before the U.S. Supreme Court. U.S. District Judge Lawrence Karlton ruled that the pledge's reference to one nation "under God" violates school children's right to be "free from a coercive requirement to affirm God."

LINK

So now, will Sacramento atheist Michael Newdow go after Gov Blanco? Ever since Katrina hit, She ends EVERY press conference by asking everyone from around the country to "pray for the citizens of Louisiana."

I like Sean Hannity's idea. Give your kids an American flag, send them to school, and let them get arrested at the age of 8 for reciting the pledge.

Oh, the horror!! What an evil and vile act!!

appealing to the 9th circuit is like asking phil fulmer whether the alabama player was out of bounds or not on their winning touchdown catch....

this probably does more to advance the conservative cause than anything the conservatives could do themselves. liberal legislatures will now have to decide what side they will fall on.

ct

wait a minute...this just in:
AP-San Francisco

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals has just declared the Constitution of the United States unconstitutional.

181357[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

I just shake my head and smile. Is it the news or are folks out there really that gullible? Nothing makes it ILLEGAL for anyone to recite the Pledge. What the ruling means is that schools can't force kids to recite the pledge for the 'under god' part. If we could just recite the damn thing as it was originally made, ...never mind.

I tire of mindless arguments like this. Far larger things in the world to fret over.

There is nothing more "important" than the liberal leftist attempts to remove GOD from every aspect of American life....Nothing.

"We will never rest, we will never surrender." :thumbsup:

There is nothing more "important" than the liberal leftist attempts to remove GOD from every aspect of American life....Nothing.

"We will never rest, we will never surrender." :thumbsup:

181464[/snapback]

You are right, my friend. However, their hate of religion ends when Allah and the Koran are involved.

I am a White-Male-Christian-Conservative-Republican-Auburn Fan.

I am a member of the largest MINORITY in the State. :D

Archived