Songs for the "Band With No Name" to play for Bama

DKW 86

Money, Money, Money-War

Money-Pink Floyd

Your Cheating Heart-Hank Williams

Glory Days-Springsteen

Redneck Woman-Gretchen Whoever

Rocky Top-My Favorite I have family members that would spontaneously combust!!!!! :lmao::lmao: :lmao:

Please feel free to add.

With the longest thread on the board about rock, I figure this could get out of hand....

Knock yourself out...

Holding On to A Dream - Billy Ray Cyrus

Only a Dream - Van Morrison

Only In My Dreams - Tiffany (As real as it may seem... it was only in my dreams)

Holding Out for A Hero - Bonnie Tyler

When I Think About Cheating - Gretchen Wilson

Loser - Beck ('Cause I'm a loser baby...so why don't you kill me?) on the football field, anyway...

Here's some perfect lyrics... from "Loser" by 3 Doors Down - a selection...

Breathe in right away

Nothing seems to fill this place

I need this everytime

So take your lies

Get off my case

[snip]

You're getting closer

To pushing me off of life's little edge

'Cause im a loser

[snip]

I'm a loser, yeah

This is getting old  :roflol:

[snip]

There's nothing left of this mind or my soul

Addiction needs a pacifier

The buzz of this poison taken me higher

Failure's not Flattering - New Found Glory

LOL Lyrics -

Chorus

whats your problem

can't you see it

and you go and blow it

like everyone knows you will

why dont you get it together now

failures not flattering

when will you show yourself

you'll never learn your lesson

Mission Impossible theme - for all the would be coaches to replace Shula

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - to describe bammer football over last several years

COPS theme song in this case (no pun intended) referring to the NCAA

It's Alright to be a Redneck obvious!!

Steely Dan - Deacon Blues

CHORUS:

I'll learn to work the saxophone

I'll play just what I feel

Drink Scotch whisky all night long

And die behind the wheel

They got a name for the winners in the world

I want a name when I lose

They call Alabama the Crimson Tide

Call me Deacon Blues

I don't think you could do better than "Your Cheatin' Heart"..... very recognizable to much of their fan base, although it would probably take them until the end of the game to recognize the significance and get mad about it.

If we have to play an opponent's fight song for the Bammer game, it should be Rocky Top.

I'm honestly quite upset about that whole ITAT thread. When folks start talking about boo'ing any Auburn person it infuriates me. If you were in the band and you have a problem about it -- fine complain about it because you did the work to earn it I think. If you didn't then you need to grow up. Complain to Dr. Good all you want, but when it comes to boo'ing at the kids -- whether you are boo'ing the song or not -- you've crossed a line imo.

I haven't taken time to post on this subject yet, but I have to say that I'm agianst it. Mainly because it copies the tradition of USC (The Gamecocks) who were doing this in the 1990s.

I wouldn't mind another school's alma matter, just like the USMC band might play the national anthem of another country to honor a visiting leader of that country.

But if we are to adopt the policy then I would suggest "Go to He!!" by Alice Cooper.

wow, classy thread! I didn't think y'all could sink lower, but i was wrong. I think i remember a post bitching about LSU playing "Hard Fighting Soldiers", or something along those lines. Ah well, i forgot for a second that it's only inappropriate and classless if done to y'all.

DDE!

Guest Tigrinum Major
wow, classy thread!  I didn't think y'all could sink lower, but i was wrong.  I think i remember a post bitching about LSU playing "Hard Fighting Soldiers", or something along those lines.  Ah well, i forgot for a second that it's only inappropriate and classless if done to y'all.

DDE!

181847[/snapback]

Aw, who, lighten up a little. It is all in good fun.

I don't know where your Bama forum "home" is, but I am sure that there have been some threads over there making fun of Auburn.

This one actually makes fun of both. Auburn for feeling the need to play a song for the opponent and Bama, well, for being who you are...

"Not As Good As I Once Was" gets my vote. Good one, rebdawg.

wow, classy thread!  I didn't think y'all could sink lower, but i was wrong.  I think i remember a post bitching about LSU playing "Hard Fighting Soldiers", or something along those lines.  Ah well, i forgot for a second that it's only inappropriate and classless if done to y'all.

DDE!

181847[/snapback]

I guess I should have put some of these :lol::lol::lol::lol: in my post. It was meant in jest.

I must admit that your comments got me to thinking that maybe the mods should move this thread to the woodshed. Although it's not what you said, but more in the way you said it. Obviously you're going to flame us here and make this topic more trash talk than humor, so it will have to be moved.

In honor of your presence on this board, I'm dedicating the Alice Cooper tune to you.

DDE!

181847[/snapback]

I guess I should have put some of these :lol::lol::lol::lol: in my post. It was meant in jest.

I must admit that your comments got me to thinking that maybe the mods should move this thread to the woodshed. Although it's not what you said, but more in the way you said it. Obviously you're going to flame us here and make this topic more trash talk than humor, so it will have to be moved.

In honor of your presence on this board, I'm dedicating the Alice Cooper tune to you.

181856[/snapback]

that's fine, dedicate it to me... i'll see you there...

:poke:

it wasn't meant as a flame, but was just my opinion. I thought y'all were above the playing of the other teams song. I find that classless, demoralizing, and highly innappropriate, when done by ANYONE. My "BAMA home" is over at Tide-Talk. I actually have good discussions with several of your own over there. I have nothing against this board, and like posting here. I enjoy most of the threads here (and the corndog jokes a lil more). I just REALLY can't stand hearing any band play the opposing team's fight song (or any song meant to mock them). JMHO

it wasn't meant as a flame, but was just my opinion.  I thought y'all were above the playing of the other teams song.  I find that classless, demoralizing, and highly innappropriate, when done by ANYONE.  My "BAMA home" is over at Tide-Talk.  I actually have good discussions with several of your own over there.  I have nothing against this board, and like posting here.  I enjoy most of the threads here (and the corndog jokes a lil more).  I just REALLY can't stand hearing any band play the opposing team's fight song (or any song meant to mock them).  JMHO

181865[/snapback]

Most of us here are against it too, but we wanted to have fun with it. I did feel that you were flaming us, but if not then I can let it go. I enjoy some humorus shots fired our way, as long as they are funny and not bitter.

I don't think the band is intending to mock anyone, they just want to show some respect. Maybe not the way you or I would. I would never ask you to say "War Eagle," and I expect you would never ask me to say

Roll T...

Roll T...

Roll T...

Well you get my point. It just isn't natural for either one of us. :D

Depends on when the song is played...I went to the Texas A&M-Nebraska game in Lincoln a couple of years ago and the NU band faced the A&M section and played a brief part of the War Hymn. I thought that was good of them to do...I don't see the need to play the entire song, though.

As to the snarky nature of this thread, well, I'll chime in with...

Get Over It--The Eagles

I was drunk the day my ma got outta prison, and I went to pick her up in the rain, but before I could to the station in my pickup truck, she got runned over........oh, you know the rest!

How Do You Like Me Now? for all the poking and taunting we've been through in the past. Just change "livin' in your radio" to something like "beating you 3 in a row"!

I've also got a song for the next couple of games on our schedule...

Wake Me Up When September Ends B)

DDE!

181847[/snapback]

181856[/snapback]

that's fine, dedicate it to me... i'll see you there...

:poke:

it wasn't meant as a flame, but was just my opinion. I thought y'all were above the playing of the other teams song. I find that classless, demoralizing, and highly innappropriate, when done by ANYONE. My "BAMA home" is over at Tide-Talk. I actually have good discussions with several of your own over there. I have nothing against this board, and like posting here. I enjoy most of the threads here (and the corndog jokes a lil more). I just REALLY can't stand hearing any band play the opposing team's fight song (or any song meant to mock them). JMHO

181865[/snapback]

The band is notplaying it to be classless or demoralize the other team. They play it after their opening onto the field. It is done as a tribute to the other team. But I guess that is too hard for you to understand!! I think it is a classy thing to do, but not particularly want to hear our band play the bammers song for obvious reasons of it being our arch rival!! Nothing more!!

DDE!

181847[/snapback]

What a :moon: hole. It's done to be respectful to the opponent. People were just having some fun about what song they think of when they think of Alabama and saying the band should play it.

I think complaining on your rivals boards about them making fun of your team is one of the stupidest things you can do. 1)You should expect it and be able to handle it, 2) ATM someone on one of your team boards is doing the same thing.

Wanna talk about class, how about coming onto a Auburn board with the name of AUwho........ and then you complain about class? What a joke.

Archived