LSU fans

auwallace

Will LSU fans behave or will that "one or two bad fans" try to roll our bus?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Will LSU fans behave or will that "one or two bad fans" try to roll our bus?

• yes
    • no

i know this will piss off some of the fake tigers on this board but i can say without a doubt that the lsu fans are the rudest drunkest bunch that i have ever encountered. I know there are good ones and bad ones that root for all teams it just seems like there are just more bad ones at LSU.

i know this will piss off some of the fake tigers on this board but i can say without a doubt that the lsu fans are the rudest drunkest bunch that i have ever encountered.  I know there are good ones and bad ones that root for all teams it just seems like there are just more bad ones at LSU.

189981[/snapback]

You're right. Auburn fans should stay home for your own safety. It's probably a good idea to never come to Baton Rouge again.

The mere thought of having more tickets for LSU fan is depressing me.

They'll behave. The :lsu: hooliganism is a large part of the myth of Death Valley intimidation. There is the very small minority that go too far in trying to intimidate visiting fans, but I put these morons on the same level as those that take halloween pranks too far. I've been to Red Stick for games and never had a problem.

Deep down, corndogs are good people, and if you show them you're not afraid they'll leave you alone and might even offer you a cold beer.

Look on the bright side. If jaydubb's prediction is correct, there will not be enough corndogs remaining after the first half to cause any trouble! B)

If you come in with a bad attitude thinking that LSU is just a bunch of drunk trouble makers you are probably going to run into some problems. Come in with a good/friendly attitude and you will find the same.

Where the trouble starts is when a home team says "Tiger Bait" or just does a little bit of common heckling and the visitor gets pissed off and takes it further and thats where it turns bad.

If you come in with a bad attitude thinking that LSU is just a bunch of drunk trouble makers you are probably going to run into some problems. Come in with a good/friendly attitude and you will find the same.

Where the trouble starts is when a home team says "Tiger Bait" or just does a little bit of common heckling and the visitor gets pissed off and takes it further and thats where it turns bad.

189992[/snapback]

That's such a bunch of crap. You say that like people from opposing teams are supposed to come in scared and not support their team. Like they're in prison or something and should always stare at the ground and not look anybody in the eye. What a bunch of garbage. If you yell "tiger bait" at me, you should expect "War Eagle" to be yelled back at you. If I have to expect to be bum rushed or have the tail on my van burned or have a bottle filled with piss thrown at me for that, then the gameday experience at LSU is the worst in the SEC, bar none. Unbelieveable...is LSU an SEC school or a freaking High School in South Central LA. Give me a freaking break.

189992[/snapback]

So, when we're heckled with 'tiger bait' or 'your wife's a whore' or when you throw things at us, we should slink to our cars and there will be no problems, but if we stand up for ourselves, we should expect things to get worse???????????????? That is what you're saying there.

And I'm tired of hearing that it's only a few fans. If it were only a few fans, then the criminal behavior wouldn't happen to EVERY visiting team that comes to BR.

The easiest thing to do is to make sure that there is more than 1 or 2 males in your group. It seems that when things are fair and even, the whos don't try and start so much stuff, its just when they outnumber you that they pick as a time to get physical.

can someone look stats on the record number of apologies by a school's president or AD because of fan behavior? :poke:

They will be rowdy, but if AU gets ahead big, they will leave early. Or stay behind to boo their team & coaches.

But I am not expecting AU to get ahead by enough points to empty the stands. I wish, but I don't expect it.

189992[/snapback]

Blame the victim! Are you a defense attorney? :no:

They will be rowdy, but if AU gets ahead big, they will leave early.  Or stay behind to boo their team & coaches.

But I am not expecting AU to get ahead by enough points to empty the stands.  I wish, but I don't expect it.

189992[/snapback]

Blame the victim! Are you a defense attorney? :no:

190011[/snapback]

ok apparently my post came accross wrong and i can see why...... but i'm not going to take it any further because it will not solve anything.

Sorry for posting..... it was more out of frustration of seeing these types of thread show up constently on this board.

I didn't vote in this poll because I think it is unfair to lump all LSU fans into one category. I could have a comparative poll asking "Will all Auburn fans behave?"

But geauxscott I have to note that your comment about seeing this type of post consistently on this board is a little hypocritical since there just as much, if not more, crap thrown at Auburn posters on TigerForum with the inference that we are all alike. :poke:

Scott, your team and it's fan base have a bad rep. as of late. The best way to correct that is one "fan" at a time. I make it a point to talk with fans of the opponents at each and every AU home game. It adds to my enjoyment of the gameday experience and I get to meet some, for the MOST part, really good people who support their team as I support mine.

lsWHO's rep., like most things these days, might be a bit over blown.(Although there are many that would debate that issue) B) "Doin' the right thing" on a game by game, team by team, player by player basis is the only way to correct it (If it indeed exsist.) :blink:

My two cents. You can keep the change. :au:

I didn't vote in this poll because I think it is unfair to lump all LSU fans into one category. I could have a comparative poll asking "Will all Auburn fans behave?"

But geauxscott I have to note that your comment about seeing this type of post consistently on this board is a little hypocritical since there just as much, if not more, crap  thrown at Auburn posters on TigerForum.

190023[/snapback]

well at least ours is different "crap" :poke::P:D

j/k....fair enough

But geauxscott I have to note that your comment about seeing this type of post consistently on this board is a little hypocritical since there just as much, if not more, crap  thrown at Auburn posters on TigerForum.

190023[/snapback]

well at least ours is different "crap" :poke::P:D

j/k....fair enough

190027[/snapback]

As you know I have managed to survive there but ask Jenny AU-92 about her brief visit there one time. :D

Scott, your team and it's fan base have a bad rep. as of late. The best way to correct that is one "fan" at a time. I make it a point to talk with fans of the opponents at each and every AU home game. It adds to my enjoyment of the gameday experience and I get to meet some, for the MOST part, really good people who support their team as I support mine.

lsWHO's rep., like most things these days, might be a bit over blown.(Although there are many that would debate that issue) B)   "Doin' the right thing" on a game by game, team by team, player by player basis is the only way to correct it (If it indeed exsist.) :blink:

190025[/snapback]

I 100% agree with you WarTim..... If any of you ever happen to run into me at a game you will be treated with respect, you will eat, and drink!!

This past Saturday I was walking around campus and brought 10 UF fans back to our tailgate spot and showed them a great time, they thanked all of us and said had it not been for us picking them up they would have just walked around all day........ I assured them that someone else would have invited them in. It was there 1st trip to TS and said that they cant wait to come back in 2 years.

The reason I get worked up over threads like this, is that I've tried to be polite to people sometimes and they respond with "Go away, we HEARD what you did last year". I have got that on several occasions. Most of it is when they HEAR or READ stuff......and it gives 99% of LSU fans a bad rep.

i won't completely retract my statement but i will admit i was wrong in overgeneralizing lsu fans. This is not without warrant however as i have never had any problems with any other fans of the sec, even the bammers.

lsWHO's rep., like most things these days, might be a bit over blown.(Although there are many that would debate that issue) B)   "Doin' the right thing" on a game by game, team by team, player by player basis is the only way to correct it (If it indeed exsist.) :blink:

190025[/snapback]

I 100% agree with you WarTim..... If any of you ever happen to run into me at a game you will be treated with respect, you will eat, and drink!!

This past Saturday I was walking around campus and brought 10 UF fans back to our tailgate spot and showed them a great time, they thanked all of us and said had it not been for us picking them up they would have just walked around all day........ I assured them that someone else would have invited them in. It was there 1st trip to TS and said that they cant wait to come back in 2 years.

The reason I get worked up over threads like this, is that I've tried to be polite to people sometimes and they respond with "Go away, we HEARD what you did last year". I have got that on several occasions. Most of it is when they HEAR or READ stuff......and it gives 99% of LSU fans a bad rep.

190029[/snapback]

I totally agree. We all have that 1% and if the other 99% would help stop the crap everyone would be better off. Based solely on what I have read, I will say that I'm impressed with the response of Arky fans to the van burning incident and their help in having the police get a couple of suspects. In all honesty and JMHO, I think alcahol is the root cause of a lot of the problems at games. And there in is one of the problems that may be unique to LSU. The games are usually at night and some fans get the booze flowing early in the morning. By game time there are some nasty dudes running around. I'm not saying there aren't drunks at most games but they don't get cranked up as early. Again JMHO.

Guest Tigrinum Major
I expectthe same treatment this weekend, scott.

190030[/snapback]

Every AU fan I see will get get treated with respect.......hell i'll have 6 of them tailgating with me.

190035[/snapback]

Where will you be? I am planning on parking and heading toward the PMC to hook up with some more folks.

Tim, have you decided if you and your bride are going?

Jenny, what is the plan?

190030[/snapback]

Every AU fan I see will get get treated with respect.......hell i'll have 6 of them tailgating with me.

190035[/snapback]

Where will you be? I am planning on parking and heading toward the PMC to hook up with some more folks.

Jenny, what is the plan?

190038[/snapback]

I'll be in one of the RV Parking lots on the other side of the stadium.....not sure where though as we have a parking pass but its "first come" as far as where you park in the lot.

I'm sure i'll be walking around alot.....will there be anything that sticks out where you will be tailgating? (Big AU sign/flag or something?)

190030[/snapback]

190035[/snapback]

Jenny, what is the plan?

190038[/snapback]

Sorry to report, but, My Mom (Who lives with us and is under Hospice care) is not doin' too well as of late. We will not be able to make this trip. We are setting our sights on making the trip to JH for the ole miss. game. My youngest daughter is planning on making the trip to BR with some of her friends.

I will, however, "yell" at the top of my lungs from the posh digs at the WarTim batcave. ;)

believe it or not, i like going down to lsu. i get yelled at and cussed at a little but that all washes off. "tiger bait" doesnt bother me. and i've been cussed at by a whole lot tougher and more intimidating individuals than the so-called hooligans. they are the problem. the idiots that just show up with no ticket to try to start crap with the visitors. if somehow, they could be gotten under control, a lot of the "lsu problem" would go away. and drunk students will say things everywhere on the road. i just dont pay them any attention. i'm not there for them. i'm where ever i am on the road for the auburn by god tigers. i'll be there sat and plan to go every other year for as long as i can/live.

Archived