LSU fans

auwallace

Will LSU fans behave or will that "one or two bad fans" try to roll our bus?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Will LSU fans behave or will that "one or two bad fans" try to roll our bus?

• yes
    • no

Guest Tigrinum Major
Sorry to report, but, My Mom (Who lives with us and is under Hospice care) is not doin' too well as of late. We will not be able to make this trip.

190051[/snapback]

Prayers to your mom, Tim.

Sorry to report, but, My Mom (Who lives with us and is under Hospice care) is not doin' too well as of late. We will not be able to make this trip.

190051[/snapback]

Prayers to your mom, Tim.

190127[/snapback]

from myself and the LSU community as well

I have run into both the good and bad down there. When I was in the AU Band, we got targeted a little more than your common fan and therefore it could get a little hairy at times (little old ladies throwing wine onto us).

But…

The last time I was down there, I had a GREAT time. This lady (LSU Fan) came up and asked our small group of four if we were going to tailgate (seeing that we had brought some coke and snacks and eating out the back of our van). We told her that this is what we brought. She then told us that she would be right back, she needed to deliver her rice pudding to someone. Off she went, a few minutes later she came back, told us to go with her and took us to a BIG tailgate spot. There was a ton of food. All the LSU fans greeted us, joked with us and laughed with us. Our group was feed like kings and had a great time. We made new friends that day.

So…..it’s all about who you run into.

at the 97 game, i was flipped off by an old lady, spat at by an elementary school kid, and cussed repeatedly by so many LSU fans i couldn't keep count. in 99 we were welcomed by some LSU fans we had never met before, and treated to one of the best tailgate spreads i have ever enjoyed. these 2 expereinces are what make the LSU game my 2nd favorite game of the year. i just wish i could be there this weekend.....whether cussed or fed. i love it. thank GOD for SEC football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

oh, i almost forgot the purple & gold jello shots........i always wondered how you can get straight vodka to solidify like that???  :)   man, they were strong. :blink:

190169[/snapback]

Its a long shot, but we have purple and gold Jello shots every game........I'm sure others do it as well, but you very well could have been with my group. We always get visitors to come over and eat some of them.

oh, i almost forgot the purple & gold jello shots........i always wondered how you can get straight vodka to solidify like that???  :)   man, they were strong. :blink:

190169[/snapback]

Its a long shot, but we have purple and gold Jello shots every game........I'm sure others do it as well, but you very well could have been with my group. We always get visitors to come over and eat some of them.

190171[/snapback]

the guys/guys with the jello shots had a large bumper sticker that read "GEAUX TO HELL BAMA." i always wished i could've found one of those. BAMA haters = :cheer: !!!!

190169[/snapback]

190171[/snapback]

the guys/guys with the jello shots had a large bumper sticker that read "GEAUX TO HELL BAMA." i always wished i could've found one of those. BAMA haters = :cheer: !!!!

190186[/snapback]

No that wasn't us......Our group always has a "GEAUX TO HELL OLE MISS" sign we put up for every game.

As a LSU fan and someone who lives and breathes LSU Sports from California it is hard to see and recognize the reputation and illwill felt toward the fans of LSU lately.

LSU fans for the most part are good hardworking funloving people and it is obvious that some of you have met these people in your travels and can appreciate the game experience of Tiger Stadium.

Unfortunatly you have also met some of the fans that have no respect for anyone and focus only on their right to do as they please. There is no defense for these people who in the name of being a fan think that disrespect is ok and cross so far over the line that they bring shame upon the University and State they are supposed to love.

Yes every school has them but i have to agree that LSU Administration and Police need to do a better job of corralling these people and have a zero tolerance policy of abuse in any way. The Bus beer bottle incident shows LSU still has a way to go in dealing with this issue.

You can get a handle on this in a few simple ways:

1.) Do not allow people who have obviously had too much too drink wandering around. Develop a Dry out tank if you have too where these people spend the night on campus until they sleep it off.

2.) Have a greater Police presence and zero tolerance for heckling and abuse to visiting fans and players teams etc.

3.) Do not allow abusive language and obscenity . You get one warning and then are removed from the game. Kids should not be hearing this.

4.) Have public service ads to talk to the fans starting a few days before games.

5.) LSU fans have to step up and police their own behavior.

I am not a father but last time i went to an LSU game i had some kids sitting near me and the guy in front of me kept cussing and screaming obscenties so i calmly asked if he could please not use that type of language . I nodded toward the kids and said i really would appreciate it. He apoligized and i thanked him. He stopped and we started talking about the game and were able to feed off each other in discussing and by the end we were friends.

I have also been to a football game ( Not LSU) where it didnt go that well and the in a same situation the guy told me to GLGLGJG . As soon as he did about 4 or 5 other fans stepped up and all started getting on the guy and before it was over he sat down and didnt say a word the rest of the game.

College football in the South is such an awesome experience. You dont know how much i miss going to the games. California people just dont follow College Football as much and i just feel cheated with every game i go to out here.

Please SEC. Schedule Cal and Stanford so i can attend a game here where someone actually cares who wins.

I will pull for Auburn if they come here to play. ( That will be the only time you understand )

I will be the first to admit on Tigerforums i like to kid and flame you Barners some. But when i come here i am respectful and try to be a good representative of LSU fans even when i disagree with you.

I wish for a good game. An LSU win. And safe travel to all from both teams and i hope even in a loss you might have a wonderful experience at Tiger Stadium.

Where the trouble starts is when a home team says "Tiger Bait" or just does a little bit of common heckling and the visitor gets pissed off and takes it further and thats where it turns bad.

189992[/snapback]

So, when we're heckled with 'tiger bait' or 'your wife's a whore' or when you throw things at us, we should slink to our cars and there will be no problems, but if we stand up for ourselves, we should expect things to get worse???????????????? That is what you're saying there.

And I'm tired of hearing that it's only a few fans. If it were only a few fans, then the criminal behavior wouldn't happen to EVERY visiting team that comes to BR.

The easiest thing to do is to make sure that there is more than 1 or 2 males in your group. It seems that when things are fair and even, the whos don't try and start so much stuff, its just when they outnumber you that they pick as a time to get physical.

190000[/snapback]

Are you kidding? He clearly said in the original post, "when the visitor gets pissed off". What crimal behavior did LSU fans take part in against Florida last week?

If someone yells "Tiger bait" at you, and you get pissed off (the way I define pissed) then you already have a problem.

Ok, here it is....

LSU fans do get carried away and when u get a bunch of drunk college students from two rival schools together there will be problems. i have seen LSU fans act the ass as well as AU fans.

1. i have seen LSU students assault other LSU students in Tigerstadium just because they are drunk... but this can be seen in Tigerland on any Friday night after 2 am.

2. i have seen AU fans disrespect people in LSU games by yelling profanity and throwing objects from the Upper deck down on Tigerfans... and then summarily ejected from the game.

3. LSU fans (especially students) toss full drinks up in the air when we score... its tradition... we don't throw full liquor bottles at AU fans.

4. AU fans (especially those wearing cowboy hats and dipping) tend to spit when "Tiger Baited"... this causes drunken brawls after games.

5. i witnessed an opposing teams flag being taken from a Fan and torn to shread, and the opposing fan had to be taken out of the LSU student section by security or he would have been.... thing is the flag had "F.... LSU" written on it and he was walking through the student section waving it... he deserved it.

in closing most of the problems that i have seen come from alcohol and attitudes... the reason this flairs up with AU is because both Burners and Tigers like to drink and most are southern enough to use their fists before their brains. Traveling with your team in the SEC takes thick skin. Fans on both sides of this dispute have done the wrong things. Stop acting like the victim when you don't know the circumstances of every one of these myths. The only incidents that i know officially of are "a foam football thrown at the Old guy with cancer" (come on it was nerf and was probably and accident).... "Drunken fans snuck in to AU tunnel and yelled at Tubby" (no violence just drunk dumbasses).... "Shaking the AU bus" (addes to the mystique of gameday... come on its a bus :P )....."The UGA incidents such as man punched coming out of Portajohn (puss thing to do) Mud thrown at UGA faculty (yea this was puss to). Other then those the rest of the piss bottles, burned vans ie other urban legends just dont hold water. Geaux to LSU, have a great time, eat good food, hang out with good crowds and wear a smile on your face and you will have a wonderful time, but whatever you do... if AU wins... don't leave Death Valley talking s***... because thats when you will officially "not have a good time".

Sorry for the tirade,

Karl

Geaux Tigers

***EDITED*** Don't be so blatant about bypassing the profanity filters.

Archived