You're gonna make fools of us all: Oregon

You're fooling everybody: Nebraska

You ain't fooling anybody: Auburn

You look foolish: Syracuse

Did the season start? Arkansas

Can the season end? Illinois

Can the season never stop? Texas

Hmmmmm, wonder what he means.....

I think he means our record is because of weak competition and everyone knows it

I am sure he expects us to lose when we face better teams

I think he means our record is because of weak competition and everyone knows it

I am sure he expects us to lose when we face better teams

190475[/snapback]

yeah i know, but UAT has been getting no respect in the predictions, which is odd to me, after all, they have their own publicity machine in Mr. Finebaum :puke:

I have thought for several weeks that after the GA Tech game that almost everyone was a little too quick to write off this AUBURN team. You hear coaches all the time say, "We need to get better." Well guess what? This AUBURN team has got better each week. LSU will not see the same AUBURN team that lost to GA Tech. Hopefully they have grown enough to beat LSU.

PS - The writer could be saying that AUBURN was not a very good team and was not fooling anyone by beating the teams they have beat so far. If that is what he is saying, he will learn a lot this weekend! :big::au::au:

I prefer to interpret that as meaning we ain't foolin' anybody in the sense that, despite our weak opponents to date and suggestions of "flying under the radar", we're really very good and people in the know and opposing coaches realize that! --We aren't going to sneak up on anyone. :thumbsup:

Yeah, What the Hell? This really pisses me off, I have no idea what he means. I would rather have him bash us than say some stupid line like "You ain't foolin anybody" Seriously, how does this guy get to write sports column when he is coming up with these little smart ass comments. Pisses me off.

I prefer to interpret that as meaning we ain't foolin' anybody in the sense that, despite our weak opponents to date and suggestions of "flying under the radar", we're really very good and people in the know and opposing coaches realize that!  --We aren't going to sneak up on anyone. :thumbsup:

190487[/snapback]

This is how I took it. :thumbsup:

Aaarghhh! I don't think he means anything real sweet for :au: !

Another media slam. Bama beats an overrated Florida team. Barely beats an Miss team that lost to Vandy that lost to MTSU. We beat Ark more impressively. We beat USC more impressively. Yet they are "back: :puke: !

I don't hate hate :ua: like many of you do, but the romance the media is having with them after a couple of unimpressive wins well I can only say it again :puke: !

How did i get started on :ua: in this thread anyway? sorry lost focus for a mintue their.

Aaarghhh! I don't think he means anything real sweet for  :au: !

Another media slam. Bama beats an overrated Florida team. Barely beats an Miss team that lost to Vandy that lost to MTSU. We beat Ark more impressively. We beat USC more impressively. Yet they are "back:  :puke: !

I don't hate hate  :ua: like many of you do, but the romance the media is having with them after a couple of unimpressive wins well I can only say it again  :puke: !

How did i get started on :ua: in this thread anyway? sorry lost focus for a mintue their.

190507[/snapback]

cough :lsu: this week cough cough :P

I would tend to agree with quietfan as far as interpretation, but I don't know for sure, so I e-mailed and asked. :D I will let everyone know his response.

Heard back from the writer here is what he had to say and my reply....

By that, I mean: Still not sure if Auburn is legit. Who have the Tigers beaten? No one, really.

Should have been more clear, I guess.

No disrespect for AU. I like the school and Coach T.

No, go out and kick some real butt.

Thanks for reading

I replied with...

Didn't assume you were disrespecting, we just didn't know the meaning.  Thanks for the clarification.  No we have not played any top ranked teams if that is what you mean, but we have beat 3 SEC teams, two of which (S. Carolina adn Arky) took Bama (overrated) to the near end.  We blew S. Carolina off the field and took care of Arky after a tough first half.  The meat of our schedule comes in these last 5 games where we play 3 top 10 teams (LSU, UGA, and Bama), two of those on the road (LSU and UGA).  Three of the five are away.  Even though I am an Auburn homer, I will tell you this is a very good football team.  Obviously not as good as last years 13-0 team, but good.  Funny thing, Arkansas fans visiting our forum ( www.aunation.net ) said the same thing about us, that we hadn't played anybody.  I believe we shut their mouths.  Anyway, if you have not had a chance to watch Auburn other than the Tech game and Miss. St. this is a fast improving team.  In my opinion, we have one of the best if not the best defense in the SEC and nation.  Our QB, Brandon Cox gets better and better.  By the way, keep an eye on him he will be one of the premier QBs in the SEC the next couple of years.  We have good young RBs and lots of depth at WR, with a BIG experienced OL.  I will tell you LSU will have all they can handle Saturday night !!!  Make sure and watch 6:45p on ESPN.  War Eagle!!

By that, I mean: Still not sure if Auburn is legit. Who have the Tigers beaten? No one, really.

Thanks for reading

I replied with...

Didn't assume you were disrespecting, we just didn't know the meaning.  Thanks for the clarification.  No we have not played any top ranked teams if that is what you mean, but we have beat 3 SEC teams, two of which (S. Carolina adn Arky) took Bama (overrated) to the near end.  We blew S. Carolina off the field and took care of Arky after a tough first half.  The meat of our schedule comes in these last 5 games where we play 3 top 10 teams (LSU, UGA, and Bama), two of those on the road (LSU and UGA).  Three of the five are away.  Even though I am an Auburn homer, I will tell you this is a very good football team.  Obviously not as good as last years 13-0 team, but good.  Funny thing, Arkansas fans visiting our forum ( www.aunation.net ) said the same thing about us, that we hadn't played anybody.  I believe we shut their mouths.  Anyway, if you have not had a chance to watch Auburn other than the Tech game and Miss. St. this is a fast improving team.  In my opinion, we have one of the best if not the best defense in the SEC and nation.  Our QB, Brandon Cox gets better and better.  By the way, keep an eye on him he will be one of the premier QBs in the SEC the next couple of years.  We have good young RBs and lots of depth at WR, with a BIG experienced OL.  I will tell you LSU will have all they can handle Saturday night !!!  Make sure and watch 6:45p on ESPN.  War Eagle!!

190530[/snapback]

Awesome :thumbsup:

Thanks for reading

I replied with...

190530[/snapback]

Ok, I'll not argue that Bama is over-rated. I disagree, but we'll both get to see in a few weeks. I'll not argue that Arky took us to the end. They played us close, so I would look like an idiot if I tried to say they didn't.....but how in the world do you think that South Carolina took us to the near end? That game was a blow-out and nearly all of their fans were gone by the mid of the 3rd quarter. Maybe I'm not reading your post correctly. :huh:

I prefer to interpret that as meaning we ain't foolin' anybody in the sense that, despite our weak opponents to date and suggestions of "flying under the radar", we're really very good and people in the know and opposing coaches realize that!  --We aren't going to sneak up on anyone. :thumbsup:

190487[/snapback]

This is how I took it. :thumbsup:

190498[/snapback]

Ditto! :thumbsup:

Whoops! Just read the remainder of the thread.

By that, I mean: Still not sure if Auburn is legit.
:thumbsdown:

Pssssst, check them out: Boston College

190467[/snapback]

Give me a break. The only ranked team they have faced (F$U) beat them like a drum on ESPN. Other than that, they took a mediocre Clemson team into OT before winning 16-13. That powerhouse known as Wake Forest would have beaten them too if it weren't for a last gasp TD pass.

So, yeah...check them out: They inhale bigtime.

Archived