Its great to be an Auburn Tiger!

Tigerfan86

Quick ramble..

Frist off..Congrats to LSU for the win.

I know LSU fans not agree with me (since they won), BUT I would take our QB other their's ANYDAY. Cox is going to grow to be a great leader/QB in the years to come. I hate the way we lost...but I think the team played well.

Get some defense issues worked out (like a new d coach...and i know that will upset some people) and we should do very well in the years to come. I can't wait!

I wouldn't count us out for the rest of the season either.

Quick ramble..

I know LSU fans not agree with me (since they won), BUT I would take our QB other their's ANYDAY.  Cox is going to grow to be a great leader/QB in the years to come.  I hate the way we lost...but I think the team played well.

Get some defense issues worked out (like a new d coach...and i know that will upset some people) and we should do very well in the years to come.  I can't wait!

191746[/snapback]

New D coach.. what are you talking about? That is the most ignorant thing I have heard all year. Yes we let some big plays, but we held them when it really mattered. Defense had given up 0 points in the first half. If Bliss wouldn't have kicked a bad kick they wouldn't have even had 7. That's why I said all along this game was going to come down to special teams. Who could make good punts, kick field goals, and make good kickoffs. The D played as hard as I expected them to if not harder. To say we need a new D Coach is just wrong. Our D was just fine if not great. besides they only gave up 13 points to a great LSU team, and only 10 in regulation.

Quick ramble..

I know LSU fans not agree with me (since they won), BUT I would take our QB other their's ANYDAY.  Cox is going to grow to be a great leader/QB in the years to come.  I hate the way we lost...but I think the team played well.

Get some defense issues worked out (like a new d coach...and i know that will upset some people) and we should do very well in the years to come.  I can't wait!

191746[/snapback]

This may sound strange, but do you know who our defensive coach is?

if there was any green left on brandon, it all got knocked off last night. except for a very few instances, he kept his composure extremely well in the most hostile stadium to visit in the sec. tiger stadium on sat night is as rough as it gets. he is going to be a great one. good one now, great one on the horizion. no doubt in my mind he can play and hopefully win at georgia. and at home against alabama he will be fine.

kenny irons just asserted his will on the lsu D. the td run, he just refused to be tackled. maybe the most amazing td run i've ever seen. brad will be back some this year and for 3 more years. he is going to be a hoss. the benjamin kid coming in from maryland should be a good one 2.

david irons really stepped up last night. i thought wilhite was about to take his jod, but not so fast, my friend.

john vaughn will rebound. the wind was blowing hard and sort of across the corners of the field. cant blame cody for the punt return. he kicked to skyler because the coaches told him too. our kicking game is in good hands. we seem to have figured out how to kick off too.

we lose a few seniors. not many, but some important ones. the kids we have backing up will be just fine. like i tell all my friends...auburn has a lot of great players. you just havent heard of them yet.

this season is a long ways from over. i'm not throwing in the towel by any means. but i think next year auburn will be a major player again.

war eagle

I'm well aware who Gibbs is..AND I knew my comment wouldn't be very popular.

Hey, I don't want to take anything away from the players. I feel they played their heart out. And yes, the d kept LSU off the field and out of the end zone for most of that game. I'm just saying I'm not a big fan of Gibbs. Who knows, I might be proven completely wrong with in the next few years and he becomes the great Auburn d coordinator. I hope so.

With that said, I think we are in a much better situation that LSU is when it comes to coaching staff. Jimbo is good...but their head coach reminds me of Elmer Fudd and seems not completely “in the game.”

It will be very interesting to see what happens to LSU in the next few years.

I do know that it is great to be an Auburn Tiger. I’m very proud of the team.

BEAT OLE MISS.

I thought Gibbs coached very well during the game. LSU only scored ten points on our defense. How much can you ask of a defensive coach against the #7 team in the nation?

Props to Gibbs...I am hoping he stays around for a long time. We came in wanting to stop the run, and we did just that. Cant complain here, and if you are, you dont know your football.

I don't think we have any problem with our D Coordinator. We held LSU to 10 points in regulation, below our 10.8 season average. What's not to like about him?

Archived