Brandon Cox

auburn_eagle34

I thought Cox played a great game tonight. He really showed great leadership on the road in a hostile stadium while we were trailing several times. I think this is the kind of a game that turns good qb's into great qb's and it is a shame he won't get the credit he deserved because we couldn't finish the game. At the end, he led two huge Jason Cambellesque drives, the first one while we were down 14-10 and we had to have something. On fourth down he came through with a huge thrown under pressure to give us the lead. Then LSU came right back down the field and tied the game. What did Brandon do? Orchestrated a very nice drive with about 1:20 left to get us in reasonable field goal range. If we make that field goal at the end of regulation, Brandon is labeled as the hero who led Auburn to a huge victory in Baton Rouge. That won't happen because we lost the game, but I'm gonna give Brandon his props. Great game and I really think he arrived tonight. Keep it up man, and we're gonna win alot of games with him under center.

WDE!

I agree. I feel very good about Brandon as our QB. We just have to have a total team effort next time. Too many missed opportunities with our Kicker and WR's.

What really stinks is that Cox was 7/23 in the third quarter, and all of those dropped passes go against his stats. I agree he played much better than he will get credit for. He showed great leadership and decision making. No turnovers!

Archived