Look How This Program Has Progressed

AUesquire

Naturally, I was worried about this game. Not so much about winning or losing as much as guaging where our program is on the whole. After the depression has eased up a little, I've come to realize this program is legitimatley one of the tops in the nation. I'm not talking about winning the MNC or trying to spin this season or make excuses. I'm talking about the overall state of Coach Tommy Tuberville's Auburn Tiger Football program.

For years, we've heard about LSU's recruiting and how they have the best overall athletes in the SEC. I say ABSOLUTELY NOT. Quick note to LSU fans. This is NOT a flame. I think LSU has equal talent to anyone in the country...but I now know Auburn is on that same level. This Auburn group can run with anyone and can be as physical as anyone if need be. Anybody who thinks Cox is not the real deal and that our future at QB is not secure for the next couple of years, I need some of what you're smoking. CTT made the statement that Cox will be an All-American before he's through. People laughed at that statement but please think what level that young man could be playing on two years from now.

Five years ago, we all worried what crazy gamble CTT would take next. When would the next fake punt or on-sides kick come? When would he go for it on 4th down in his own territory next? He is the "Riverboat gambler" no more. This is a solid coaching staff that keeps these guys playing at a high level. The overall character of young men is second to none and that is an absolute testament to Coach Tommy Tuberville's philosophy and consistent efforts. We may not ever go undefeated again...but then again, we might. We have the program, coaches, staff and young men that give us that opportunity. The bottom line, this program is BACK and is on as solid footing as I've ever seen it. And I go back a pretty good ways. Congrats to LSU. Enjoy it. Next year you're coming to our house to face one of the top programs in the nation.

WAR EAGLE!!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I could have said it better myself!! I am really proud of our program, so what if we don't win them all (granted it'd be nice, but thinking you'll win every game is ridiculous, knowing you have a chance to win every game is however possible, and I think we are at that point with our program). One of the things I really like about Coach Tubberville is the fact that the guys in our program are good people, and so when they do well on the field also, it makes me feel that much better for them. I wish we could have one the game last night, but it was entertaining nonetheless and it isn't like we were blown out or had problems that can't be corrected quickly. Here's to Vaughn pulling through (although like Kenny Irons said "We can't blame it on one person," "Everybody made mistakes. We just have to keep our heads up." I like that attitude, and I think it shows that he wasn't trying to be a jerk when he said he'd put up 200 (although when I saw it I was a bit freaked, but had he not been close to it, we might not have ever heard about him saying it............)....so anyways, it's good to know our program is setup to compete consistently for years to come, and if we can fill some holes on D for next year, we can all expect another great year. Of course, this one can still be wonderful if we win out and get a little help from Bama (by beating LSU)!!!

War Eagle! It is truly great to be an Auburn Tiger!!!

Agree completely. I am confident that this coaching staff is going to have this team finishing the season in the Top 10 pretty much every year, including this one (or at least a shot at it going into the bowl.)

Yes at this point it seems we are "back"! How weird to be compared with UAT(We're Back!") Auburn has never been away. I love this team and school, but guys we have never been on top for any lenght of time. The years of 1987,88,89, are as close as we have been to being elite. Last year was, as it apppears now, the exception. It was the coach's FIRST EVER double digit win season. So, I guess we are "back" to our 8-3, 7-4, 0r 6-5 ways.

Now, that said, CTT has done some remarkable things for our program. Great people and players are everywhere. We are in most games and have a chance to win, but that is where the truly great programs step up. Auburn has not this year and we are "back" to where we have always been. We have proved the media and pollsters to be correct. We don't deserve to be ranked.

Hopefully, we beat Ole Miss this week and UAT losses at some point so LSU can go to Atlanta.

Yes at this point it seems we are "back"! How weird to be compared with UAT(We're Back!") Auburn has never been away. I love this team and school, but guys we have never been on top for any lenght of time. The years of 1987,88,89, are as close as we have been to being elite. Last year was, as it apppears now, the exception. It was the coach's FIRST EVER double digit win season. So, I guess we are "back" to our 8-3, 7-4, 0r 6-5 ways.

Now, that said, CTT has done some remarkable things for our program. Great people and players are everywhere. We are in most games and have a chance to win, but that is where the truly great programs step up. Auburn has not this year and we are "back" to where we have always been. We have proved the media and pollsters to be correct. We don't deserve to be ranked.

Hopefully, we beat Ole Miss this week and UAT losses at some point so LSU can go to Atlanta.

191927[/snapback]

I wish you'd choose another school to cheer for. You've worn out your welcome.

Well said Esquire, My Friend. You have done a very good job of stating the exact sentiments of the vast majority of the Auburn Family. :au:

As for "7", well, It is time to call a wolf in seep's clothing out. Go ahead and "root" for your team. I am certain there is room on that bandwagon for one more. :D

I guess "Back" may not be the most appropriate description. I think back to the 80's under Dye and it was much of that decade when this program was a consistent player on the national scene and going 8-4 was a down or rebuilding year. I just think CTT has put us on that same plateau where just finishing in the top 25 is not considered a great year. When expectation levels are this high, you know you're doing something right.

Aubie7....take my post into consideration.

How is bama going to do next year when Brodie leaves? I think that answer is obvious.

How is Auburn doing this year losing FOUR 1st round draft picks? Pretty darn good....2 losses my friend and still in contention for the SEC.

Im glad your not a VOLs fan....they were ranked in the top ten....now look. Hell, Tenn. didnt even lose the amount of talent we did last year.

Auburn's program is and has been consistent for the past couple of years. Aubie7 just needs to get the damn **** *** ** *** ***.

AU the last 10 years has totally built a great program. I think they are one of the top teams in the SEC year in and year out (EASY). You cant disagree with the results. You guys always have a great D and a hugh playmaker on O. There is no reason not to include AU in talk about an SEC championship every year.

ECE, I guess that's what I'm getting to. That kind of sums up my hopes for this program. CTT has us to the point where we are contending every year for the SEC. You contend for the SEC, you're a player on the national scene. Every now and then, you hope for a magical year when all the pieces fall into place and the ball bounces your way(Or through the end zone while going for the winning score :big: ).

CTT has this program right there.

How is bama going to do next year when Brodie leaves?  I think that answer is obvious.

How is Auburn doing this year losing FOUR 1st round draft picks?  Pretty darn good....2 losses my friend and still in contention for the SEC.

Im glad your not a VOLs fan....they were ranked in the top ten....now look.  Hell, Tenn. didnt even lose the amount of talent we did last year.

Auburn's program is and has been consistent for the past couple of years.  Aubie7 just needs to get the **** **** *** ** *** ***.

192002[/snapback]

Your reference is confusing. I guess you are very familair with having a "**** ** **** ***". I am not. Your words speak well of your own personal experience. Good luck with your "alternative lifestyle", but please keep it out of these posts. What you do in your own home is your business. I don't want to hear about it.

191927[/snapback]

I wish you'd choose another school to cheer for. You've worn out your welcome.

191930[/snapback]

Amen! And do us :au: fans a huge favor...take your gloom and doom, naysaying friend PowerI along with you. You guys are real downers.

Well said Esquire, My Friend. You have done a very good job of stating the exact sentiments of the vast majority of the Auburn Family. :au:

As for "7", well, It is time to call a wolf in seep's clothing out. Go ahead and "root" for your team. I am certain there is room on that bandwagon for one more. :D

191949[/snapback]

I always root for my team. Tell me, where were you this past Saturday? Where were you the Saturday before that? Do you attend every game? How do you handle life, when you have such a God complex and think that you are always right.

Auburn is not where we all thougth they might be this year. Deal with, I have. However, I am not content, as you and most others here are, to see squandered opportunties and losses mount up, just so we can go back to that old Auburn saying "Wait 'til next year!"

Guest Tigrinum Major
If you want to respond to a post, then give your side of the story, not just some lame junior high school attempt at humor or putdowns.

192013[/snapback]

Yeah, jaydubb. Don't say something like this:

That's not what your girlfriend said!!

178851[/snapback]

That would be really immature.

What exactly qualifies as a elite team these days? OU was suppose to be there and the next dynasty and now they are struggling to beat Baylor.

Texas was not considered elite because despite winning 10 games or more every year for the last 5 years they couldn't beat OU.

FSU and Miami have taken it on the chin for playing in the ACC. USC takes it on the chin for playing in the Pac 10.

I'm curious to see if OU pulls the same crap it did in the 90's. Gibbs came in after Switzer, cleaned the program up, took graduation rates from last to first in the conference and went 9-2 including a win over Texas and they fired him. They are a finicky group of fans.

Course then they spent the next 8 years going 6-5 and 5-6 and such searching for a golden boy till Stoops came along. Now once again they are midway through and .500.

Lol Nebraska same thing, 9-2 and fire Solich and then into the tank they go.

So really what do you do, go for the 1-2 years of glory, throw out stability and fire him at the first 8 win season and then hope you get lucky with your next pick?

Aubie, I don't want to give the impression I just smiled and said, "Oh well..." after the game Saturday night. I did holler at the kid and kick the cat. :P But, I guess I just don't take this stuff as hard as I used to. Yes, there were tons of missed opportunities, from filed goals, to numerous dropped passes, costsly penalties... That's going to be true in any loss and the coaches recognized and said as much.

But, I actually got the feeling for the first time this year, that after losing that much first round talent to the NFL, this team is still on an extremely high level talent-wise and looks to be in great hands for years to come. I'm not going to wait until next year, though. A Bama win over LSU(Ow, that hurt to type that :P ) and we win out and we're going to Hotlanta baby.

How is bama going to do next year when Brodie leaves?  I think that answer is obvious.

How is Auburn doing this year losing FOUR 1st round draft picks?  Pretty darn good....2 losses my friend and still in contention for the SEC.

Im glad your not a VOLs fan....they were ranked in the top ten....now look.  Hell, Tenn. didnt even lose the amount of talent we did last year.

Auburn's program is and has been consistent for the past couple of years.  Aubie7 just needs to get the **** **** *** ** *** ***.

192002[/snapback]

Your reference is confusing. I guess you are very familair with having a "**** ** **** ***". I am not. Your words speak well of your own personal experience. Good luck with your "alternative lifestyle", but please keep it out of these posts. What you do in your own home is your business. I don't want to hear about it.

192010[/snapback]

*snicker

I have no clue where your going with the "lifestyle" posts towards people....

:lol::lol::roflol:

Auburn is not where we all thougth they might be this year. Deal with, I have. However, I am not content, as you and most others here are, to see squandered opportunties and losses mount up, just so we can go back to that old Auburn saying "Wait 'til next year!"

192017[/snapback]

Losses mounting up? Sunshine, we are 5-2 and have won 20 of the past 22 games. This was the first conference loss since November 2003. Lighten up man.

When the team wins the remainder of its games this season and winds up in Atlanta again, don't come in here and talk about how proud you are of this team. When this team is back in the top 5 in the country (as they will be) over the next 2 seasons, think back to how you are acting now.

You are a disgrace to Auburn people everywhere.

Guest Tigrinum Major

191949[/snapback]

I always root for my team. Tell me, where were you this past Saturday? Where were you the Saturday before that? Do you attend every game? How do you handle life, when you have such a God complex and think that you are always right.

192017[/snapback]

Tim doesn't need me to defend him, but I had to chime in on this. Tim was planning on coming to the game until his mother's illness forced a change of plans. If you were an observant member of this forum, you would have known that.

I thought Auburn was about a 9-2 team this year and I still believe that. 8-3 is perfectly acceptable. You yourself did not expect an undefeated season and when I have time, I will find those posts.

Your last comment makes me wonder if you claims of three Auburn degrees and being a part of an SEC Championship team are legit. Send me some info that will prove these claims to me and I will eat crow. You just appear to talk out of both sides of your mouth at times, 7. I agree with Tim's assessment.

Losing doesn't make one a loser, and winning doesn't keep one from being a loser. Coming out on the short end of the score Saturday night didn't make us losers. Winning and losing is often a function of attitude, and the vast majority of you folks are winners as is our beloved football team. On the other hand, I'm sure we have all know teams that have won all their games, but yet were losers ... I do ... fans can be the same way ... I know of a few.

WAR EAGLE!!!

Esquire, great post. I couldn't have said it better.

I wish we hadn't lost, however, it was a good loss (if there is such a thing). Gone are the days where I feel the team has given up when they had the fighting chance. Our guys were in this game even in the final seconds. I couldn't be more proud of what these guys did on Saturday. We definately didn't look like a team that is "struggling" after losing 4 guys to the first round.

We have a fighting chance to get to Atlanta, and I am super proud of these guys for not giving up, even when the chips were down.

Now let's beat the Rebels!! War Eagle!

Archived