Look How This Program Has Progressed

AUesquire

As an Auburn man, I have a strong "dislike" for losing. Losing is something that we have not done a whole lot of lateley.(see uat over the past five years.) :D

That having been said, I do not think I have ever been more proud of an Auburn TEAM after a loss. They proved to everyone that we are NOT 'rebuilding" nor are we "weak" simplky based on the oposition thus far. We have a solid program filled with VERY good people that are also VERY good players. We have a coaching staff as good as any in the Country. We will be a top ten-twenty team and will be in the hunt for a Title each and every year for the forseeable future. Put that in your negativity pipe and smoke it! B):au:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tim doesn't need me to defend him, but I had to chime in on this. Tim was planning on coming to the game until his mother's illness forced a change of plans. If you were an observant member of this forum, you would have known that.

I thought Auburn was about a 9-2 team this year and I still believe that. 8-3 is perfectly acceptable. You yourself did not expect an undefeated season and when I have time, I will find those posts.

Your last comment makes me wonder if you claims of three Auburn degrees and being a part of an SEC Championship team are legit. Send me some info that will prove these claims to me and I will eat crow. You just appear to talk out of both sides of your mouth at times, 7. I agree with Tim's assessment.

192036[/snapback]

Thanks Major. :au:

p.s. Mom is stable and My Lovelly Bride and I hope to be in AU this weekend for the ole miss game.(We both want to see our Tigers play and to visit with our two daughters.) :cheer:

WAR :au: EAGLE...O N E at a time.

Yes at this point it seems we are "back"! How weird to be compared with UAT(We're Back!") Auburn has never been away. I love this team and school, but guys we have never been on top for any lenght of time. The years of 1987,88,89, are as close as we have been to being elite. Last year was, as it apppears now, the exception. It was the coach's FIRST EVER double digit win season. So, I guess we are "back" to our 8-3, 7-4, 0r 6-5 ways.

Now, that said, CTT has done some remarkable things for our program. Great people and players are everywhere. We are in most games and have a chance to win, but that is where the truly great programs step up. Auburn has not this year and we are "back" to where we have always been. We have proved the media and pollsters to be correct. We don't deserve to be ranked.

Hopefully, we beat Ole Miss this week and UAT losses at some point so LSU can go to Atlanta.

191927[/snapback]

I wish you'd choose another school to cheer for. You've worn out your welcome.

191930[/snapback]

NO doubt, for crying out loud....7, stay off the board if you are going to be nothing but negative. 7-4, 6-5 We will all 4 of our remaining games to finish regular season 9-2, then whip up on some one in a bowl game to finish with 10 wins and top 10 ranking. Then I guess you will still be talking about how we don't deserve to be ranked. We are in a recycling year....not rebuilding....we are the doorstep walking into reloading. Most of these guys that played Saturday will be playing next year and the yer after that. Combine them with last years recruits (i.e. Tommy Trott, Trey Blackmon, Prechae Rodriguez, Robert Dunn) and we are loaded. You sound like a bandwagon type fan to me. IF we lose another you will probably call for CTT's head??

This program has grown into getting national attention. Everybody blew us off at the beginning b/c of the lose to Tech. For those that actually know football, they should have seen this is a very good Auburn team. CTT has a lot of programs wanting to have the comradarie and sportsmanship that Auburn has. I have seen more teams this year coming onto the field locked are and arm than ever before. We get high class athletes, who want to prove it on the field. CTT will make sure we are not in the papers with players in trouble like so many of our SEC brethren. I go to church with Tommy. He is a great man, with a wonderful wife and two great sons (who have both been in my bible class). Auburn will win some and lose some. I hate losing as much as anybody and hate to see Auburn lose, but when they play like they did Saturday, I will do nothing short of hold my head up high!! WAR EAGLE!!!

i like the state of the program. tommy was right before 2003 when he said "i think we'll be better in 2004." i thought he was crazy when i read that, but he was right. he said the same thing about this team and next year. next year is the year this group gets to put its stamp on the auburn history books: junior qb, senior rb, 3 of 5 linemen are back, the entire defensive backfield, all the dends... that team's going to be dangerous.

this year, i'm proud of this team so far. they have gotten better every week. brandon has a long way to go, but man, he's already come so far this year. he wasn't even the same guy during the fourth quarter against lsu as he was agianst gatech. we found an identity as a running team. we found dends that will play that smashmouth game first.

i know this senior class wanted to repeat the success of last year, but i think the leadership they have given this team in replacing so many key players has been really impressive. and yeah, i've been to every game this year except arkansas (i was doing relief work on the gulf coast), and i must say that the team may have played up and down but there is no questioning their heart or talent. tommy us in a position to win every game we play, and you can't do a whole lot more as a coach.

looking forward to ole miss this weekend then i'm right back on the road where i may be the loan auburn voice in the crowd up at lexington, but dang it, i'll be right there with the team.

Yo Tim.  I'm going this Saturday.  PM me later this week and maybe we can hook up around the stadium.

War Eagle.

192065[/snapback]

I will also be at the game, Tailgating earlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, PM if yall wanna stop by our place for a beer and some food

Well said Esquire, My Friend. You have done a very good job of stating the exact sentiments of the vast majority of the Auburn Family. :au:

As for "7", well, It is time to call a wolf in seep's clothing out. Go ahead and "root" for your team. I am certain there is room on that bandwagon for one more. :D

191949[/snapback]

I always root for my team. Tell me, where were you this past Saturday? Where were you the Saturday before that? Do you attend every game? How do you handle life, when you have such a God complex and think that you are always right.

Auburn is not where we all thougth they might be this year. Deal with, I have. However, I am not content, as you and most others here are, to see squandered opportunties and losses mount up, just so we can go back to that old Auburn saying "Wait 'til next year!"

192017[/snapback]

Tim doesn't need me to defend him, but I had to chime in on this. Tim was planning on coming to the game until his mother's illness forced a change of plans. If you were an observant member of this forum, you would have known that.

I thought Auburn was about a 9-2 team this year and I still believe that. 8-3 is perfectly acceptable. You yourself did not expect an undefeated season and when I have time, I will find those posts.

Your last comment makes me wonder if you claims of three Auburn degrees and being a part of an SEC Championship team are legit. Send me some info that will prove these claims to me and I will eat crow. You just appear to talk out of both sides of your mouth at times, 7. I agree with Tim's assessment.

192036[/snapback]

I said 8-3, at best, at the start of the season and was just crucified for it. But after listening to all the sunshine being pumped in here, I guess I got caught up in the talk and expected a West and SEC championship. Wow, do I feel bad now for listening to you guys. :huh:

(Or through the end zone while going for the winning score :big: ).

192008[/snapback]

Hey, hey, hey......W's have been far and between vs. :ut:

We will take them anyway we can :lol:

Speaking of CTT, yea he is a great coach. Recruiting is what he does best. Also he seems to put the talent where it needs to be. Thats a key aspect to any coaching.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I said 8-3, at best, at the start of the season and was just crucified for it. But after listening to all the sunshine being pumped in here, I guess I got caught up in the talk and expected a West and SEC championship. Wow, do I feel bad now for listening to you guys.  :huh:

192095[/snapback]

You get bashed on here for two things, in my opinion:

A know-it-all attitude with a touch of arrogance thrown in for good measure. Differing opinions are welcome, but you never see the difference between opinions and facts.

A bit of hypocricy from time to time. You appear to speak out of both sides of your mouth and then don't respond when someone calls you on it.

Just an observation.

I said 8-3, at best, at the start of the season and was just crucified for it. But after listening to all the sunshine being pumped in here, I guess I got caught up in the talk and expected a West and SEC championship. Wow, do I feel bad now for listening to you guys.  :huh:

192095[/snapback]

A know-it-all attitude with a touch of arrogance thrown in for good measure. Differing opinions are welcome, but you never see the difference between opinions and facts.

A bit of hypocricy from time to time. You appear to speak out of both sides of your mouth and then don't respond when someone calls you on it.

Just an observation.

192110[/snapback]

It appears that the only "facts" on this site are the OPINIONS of a certain few. If someone doesn't agree with their opinion, that person is wrong. Your opinion, or anyone else's, does not make a fact.

Guest Tigrinum Major

192095[/snapback]

Just an observation.

192110[/snapback]

It appears that the only "facts" on this site are the OPINIONS of a ceratin few. If someone doesn't agree with their opinion, that person is wrong. Your opinion, or anyone else's, does not make a fact.

192113[/snapback]

Again, you fail to see the difference. I agree with what you just said. I don't have the time to find it right now, but I posted facts concerning the GA Tech loss and you said that they were "IF" statements. They were not.

My opinion is that Auburn has a chance to go 9-2 this year. Yours is that they do not. We disagree, no problem.

It becomes a problem when someone disgarees with someone else and the namecalling starts. Then one party gets mad and accuses the other of being childish, when they have done the same thing in the past. Or someone throws up a bunch of "facts" that are not verified and questions other's intelligence and loyalty based on attendance or numbers of degrees from said school. At the same time, people take pot shots at the school and get offended when others question their loyalty.

Shut me up, prove to me that you who you say you are (degrees, SEC Champion) and I will eat crow. Do it in a PM, email, whatever.

It isn't just me, plenty of people on here, whom I don't always agree with, see your negativity and hypocrisy and question your motive.

Fact: Auburn could have VERY easily won this past Saturday night. :au:

Fact: Auburn has a very good Coaching staff(see "Tuberville Coach of the Year'04") that has done a great job of recruiting kids with character and integrity that "get it done" on and off the field. :au:

Fact: Auburn has won 20 of their last 22 games. (There are many teams that would dearly love to make that claim.) :au:

Fact: Some people see a half full glass and some see it as half empty. I much rather go through life looking for the best in people than counting on their eventual failure. ;)

Fact: Auburn could have VERY easily won this past Saturday night. :au:

Fact: Auburn has a very good Coaching staff(see "Tuberville Coach of the Year'04") that has done a great job of recruiting kids with character and integrity that "get it done" on and off the field. :au:

Fact: Auburn has won 20 of their last 22 games. (There are many teams that would dearly love to make that claim.) :au:

Fact: Some people see a half full glass and some see it as half empty. I much rather go through life looking for the best in people than counting on their eventual  failure. ;)

192116[/snapback]

You are one for four! In baseball that isn't too bad (.250)! Only your third statement is a fact, because it deals with hard case numbers. Auburn has won 20 out of 22. Your first statement is speculation and your second is opinion. Your last statement is a 50/50 proposition. You can say "some" about any situation and be right almost half the time.

I have never said that CTT is not a good man or recruiter. You may keep looking at your half-full glass and really enjoy it, however, I like drinking the half-empty glass and FILLING it back up!

Ok Aubie7, what would you do if you were Coach and you had the power to change and fix things right now with this football program? One tough loss and the sky is falling with just two members on this board and surprise surprise at who they are.

Guest Tigrinum Major

This was such a promising thread when it started. Then the negativity started and soon after, the namecalling. All the while, requests for sane conversation and backing up of claims were ignored.

So sad.

You just can't argue with an idiot. Anyone that doesn't know AU could have easily won Saturday night is just that...an idiot. :angry:   :moon:

192310[/snapback]

Tigrinum said the Aubie7 fails to make the distinction between facts and opinion. Aubie7 then proceeded to make that distinction in response to your post. While I cannot be bothered to research the validity of Tigrinum's statement, Aubie7 did properly differentiate fact from opinion in your statement. Several people here (I will call no names) need to learn how to differentiate fact from opinion, and how to disagree on matters of opinion without insulting anyone. Insults give no weight to your arguments, and the only individuals they impress are fools.

Before I proceed any further, I will issue a caveat by saying that I also believe Auburn could have easily beaten LSU. I also believe that Auburn has an excellent coaching staff that recruits excellent players with equally excellent character.

"Fact: Auburn could have VERY easily won this past Saturday night."

Aubie7 was correct, that statement is indeed speculative. You (and many others) concluded that Auburn could (and even should) have beaten LSU, and you base that statement on legitimate observations. While your deduction may have facts in its basis, that does not make the deduction factual. The only fact in that statement is an indirect statement: the fact that Auburn lost to LSU.

"Fact: Auburn has a very good Coaching staff(see "Tuberville Coach of the Year'04") that has done a great job of recruiting kids with character and integrity that "get it done" on and off the field."

That statement is indeed opinion. An assessment based on subjective values is an opinion by nature. The popularity of an opinion does not cause it to become a fact.

That said, I will now respond to the spirit of this thread.

Like Esquire, I was concerned about the LSU game for the same reasons. If we lost, I was concerned about how the loss transpired. Although disappointed, I changed the channel realizing that this team is much better than I had anticipated. While I recognize that Georgia or Alabama are very capable of beating us, I consider neither to be superior. It is very possible that our losses for this season are already behind us.

A big part of what is wrong in the world today is that too many people "think" too many "things" are subjective.

There is nothing subjective about character. You either have it or you do not.

MY two cents. :au:

p.s. The above is MY opinion and ONLY my opinion. (Unless others would like to agree and sign on the dotted line.) :)

A big part of what is wrong in the world today is that too many people "think" too many "things" are subjective.

p.s. The above is MY opinion and ONLY my opinion. (Unless others would like to agree and sign on the dotted line.) :)

192639[/snapback]

I would say that what is wrong in the world today has more to do with people having no concept of metaphysics, but that is another discussion for another time.

Character is subjective by definition. You have your standards of what you call character. Although everyone around you may agree on those standards, someone elsewhere holds or can hold different standards. We likely agree on our standards of character (and I made a statement about character in my caveat), but our agreement would not change the fact that character and the standards upon which it is based are subjective.

I like your confidence, and I respect your conviction Tim. Perhaps you should check your premises.

I don't know what game you guys watched Saturday night, but AUBURN had more than enough chances to win. Therefore when Tim said, "Fact: Auburn could have VERY easily won this past Saturday night.", he was right.

They had the opportunity to win the game but didn't execute and therefore did not win. Of course LSU had a little to do with it (but not much). :big:

Guys, in a sense, all of you are right. But remember this! A program does NOT cestain itself! It needs a constant influx of top quality athletes as well as the retention OR acquisition of top quality coaches. It is a short distance from the crap house to the penthouse and vise versa. Look at Bammer. Even among one of the most "storied" programs in the County (to hear them tell it) they have suffered several down years by stupid hiring decisions, illegal recruiting, and key injuries. Lets be thankful and quit the prognosticating about great seasons and great years to come. I too hope that happens and I believe that Auburn is in the best situation it has ever been to make that happen. Lets hope that CTT doesn't become complacent and bad things don't happen to us too. Also, never forget that that "bunch" across the state always lies in wait for something bad to happen so they can take advantage of it.... and according to recent allegations, has in the past assisted in something bad happening to us so they could regain the "rightful place" at the head of the table. Hell, as far as that goes, so does much of the state's media hope for the same.... We are AUBURN and we MUST stick together in Good and bad times to survive. Coach Jordan once said: "The only thing Auburn has to fear is Auburn." That in a sense has proven to be true....WDE!

192639[/snapback]

Sign me up. Some people are just natural nit-pickers.

192639[/snapback]

Sign me up. Some people are just natural nit-pickers.

192659[/snapback]

Thanks PT. As I stated, very clearly, MY opinion is MY opinion. As such, it can't possibly be anything but 100% correct. B)

P.S. I check my "premises" quite often. (Heck, I even make sure the doors and windows are locked each night!) :lol::lol::lol:

When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you!! :D

Like Major said earlier, I don't quite know how a thread like this turned into something else. It's just my opinion that this program is in great shape from top to bottom and we'll be contending for various championships for years to come.

Shug brings up a great point, though. Watch out for others who are always looking to bring you down and will do whatever it takes to accomplish that goal.

I agree Esquire, this team has very good players on the field this year and most starters will be returning. There is also some great players that were red shirted this year. Add in the recruiting class that is being assembled and there is reason to be optimistic for the future.

Archived