Changes on ESPN

saniflush

Someone brought this up on another board and I thought the responses were pretty interesting. I myself felt like there was a noticeable difference in how some things were presented since CTT made his statements last week. What were your thoughts?

Starting with the Thursday night game they were showing the entire top 10 BCS teams and talking about all of them and their chances. That is the first time I had seen that in two years.

there wasn't a complete buttkissing of USC and Texas, i actually watched gameday just to see how they would react. It seemed to me they tried to be much more balanced however i still hate gameday. I wish it would go back to the days where they would actually talk about every top twenty five team instead of all those stupid segments on random players and the redundant analysis of the same three games. Plus i hate Big and Rich!!!!!!!!

USC has had PLENTY of 1st half scares this year, but UT gets JUST ONE and they jump all down their throat. USC is just great because they can come back, but UT sucks because they stumbled the first half.

Wth..?

Of course, the Zook got on there and claimed "No team has been through what we've been through." WTF?!?!?!

Of course, 'ol Lou gave a helmet sticket to USC.

I don't see any changes guys, sorry.

To me, it seemed as if the talking heads are mentioning more than just the top 2, but Holtz, May and most likely Corso on Saturday are still doing their normal :puke: giving the props to Bush and Young.

:huh:

One data point, I flipped over to the ESPN2 game on Wednesday night, it was late in the game and not much going on, but for the 3 minutes I was there watching, while plays were being run on the field, the only commentary was on Bush vs Leinart vs Vince Young for the Heisman; I couldn't take it anymore and switched back, absolutely convinced that ESPN has nothing else to talk about but those 2 teams and their players. You could probably tune to a women's lacrosse match on ESPN and hear the same debate...

well I can't point out any specific examples, but they did seem to be tip-toeing around more, and appeared to try to be a bit more balanced. I'm glad tommy did what he did, and I wouldn't have cared if it would have been anyone else saying it, it needed to be said and the fact that it comes from a coach in a major conference like the SEC helps. I hope that VA tech finishes unbeaten....and well bama will come close, but we have to ruin it all for them (I hope)...oh well! War Eagle!!

Better yet, how about people show up in USC and Texas gear, and signs for Bush and Leinart and Vince Young for Heisman? And then after the game CTT could go on the air and say that ESPN was so biased against the SEC, 'Bama and Auburn they wouldn't let our fans show up, and so they brought in their own fans...

Better yet, how about people show up in USC and Texas gear, and signs for Bush and Leinart and Vince Young for Heisman? And then after the game CTT could go on the air and say that ESPN was so biased against the SEC, 'Bama and Auburn they wouldn't let our fans show up, and so they brought in their own fans...

194794[/snapback]

Now that's rich there! I think I feel a grass roots campaign coming on....

Archived