Demeco Ryans is running his mouth now

tgr4lfe

Quote from Mr. Demeco Ryans...

“It gets me psyched up because ever since after the LSU game everyone has been yapping about Kenny Irons this, Kenny Irons this,” Ryans says. “It does get me pumped up because everybody is hyping him up and everything and making him seem like he’s the best running back in the league. We’ve got Darby (Kenneth Darby) and I think he’s the best back.”

It is bad enough for KI to run as he does without much motivation, against LSU it was nothing but the hype of a big game and he boldly said he would get 200 and he did, but now you going to give him extra incentive....he's liable to run off 250 against Bama now.

Is ANYBODY in charge over there at the smaller "school" in the western part of the State? :blink::lol:

I hope he does go wild, hell I hope he gets 300+ yards. But I also hope he won't predict his total in advance this time--no sense in tarnishing a beautiful thing if he beats Bama anyway, but falls short of his pre-game prediction.

Plus I don't need any more reason to stress out during the game. I watched the LSU game with friends in a crowded bar with lots of noise and didn't really hear of his pre-game "200 yd" prediction until after the game was over. Had I heard it pre-game, I would have been even more nervous and felt jinxed the whole game because he did it.

The Darby vs. Irons rivalry is an interesting sub-plot to the the game, however. IMHO, their defense is only slightly better than ours, while our O-Line is significantly better than theirs. I think that'll be the difference. I also think we have more balance, while Darby is about their only weapon (I think the collapse of their line pretty well neutralizes Brodie as a weapon.). Of course, that could work to give Darby many more carries and more yards becasue of it. Finally, I think Borges can outsmart Kines, but no amount of genius can get improve their offense much.

Is ANYBODY in charge over there at the smaller "school" in the western part of the State? :blink:   :lol:

198921[/snapback]

I hear they've got a Wal-Mart greeter in charge now. :big:

Lynk?! :D

198922[/snapback]

ITAT

It is part of an IN article I am not privy too, another poster posted the quote from the article.

The way to shut Demaco up is to hit him in the mouth!!!WDE! :cheer:

I have never understood why Alabama, after getting beat four of the last five Iron Bowls, would accept their players MOUTHS overshooting their !@#.

It's just another example of the idiots from up the road.

Kenny, Brad, and even Tre will get their yards, and Auburn will once again OWN the State of Alabama for another year.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!

I have never understood why Alabama, after getting beat four of the last five Iron Bowls, would accept their players MOUTHS overshooting their !@#.

Well, they only get the chance to blow hard before the game! After the game the air is out of their sails. What can they say after the game except "Shula is an idiot"?

WAR DAMN EAGLE, HEY!

Well I do hope that Mr. Irons does get word of these comments before the game (I do understand having confidence in your teammate, but he could just say something to the effect we have a good running back also, it'll be a fun matchup, instead of Kenny Irons this, Kenny Irons that, but hey hopefully we'll see how mr. ryans likes his crow after saturday!!).....

As for Kenny's prediction before LSU, I'm pretty sure they didn't show it until he was close to the 200 yard mark, otherwise it wouldn't have come to light, unless it was put in the papers....but maybe I missed it before the game started, but I think ESPN waited to show it until he was closing in on 200. Anyways, I would be nervous if he did put up a number, but if he does have it in his mind its alright with me, whatever it takes to get him motivated and keep running like he has been.....War Eagle!!!

Ya'll are really stretching for "smack" from players aren't you? I could see if he said they had seen better backs all year or that they'd stopped better backs than him, but saying he thinks Darby is better than Irons? Give me a break! If Darby was lining up behing AU's O-line then his stats would likely be past Irons, considering Darby did lead the SEC in rushing most of the year.

Ya'll sure to start posting hilarious stuff this time of year. :P

Kenny, Brad, and even Tre will get their yards, and Auburn will once again OWN the State of Alabama for another year.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!

198964[/snapback]

No, that would be LSU. :lsu:

WAR DAMN EAGLE!

198964[/snapback]

No, that would be LSU. :lsu:

198982[/snapback]

Unfortunately, you are still stuck owning the cesspool known as louisiana. Last time you set foot on Auburn soil as a team you toted home a whooped a$$ just like you will next year. :au:

Quote from Mr. Demeco Ryans...

“It gets me psyched up because ever since after the LSU game everyone has been yapping about Kenny Irons this, Kenny Irons this,” Ryans says. “It does get me pumped up because everybody is hyping him up and everything and making him seem like he’s the best running back in the league. We’ve got Darby (Kenneth Darby) and I think he’s the best back.”

It is bad enough for KI to run as he does without much motivation, against LSU it was nothing but the hype of a big game and he boldly said he would get 200 and he did, but now you going to give him extra incentive....he's liable to run off 250 against Bama now.

198915[/snapback]

Where is this quote from?

Unless there is something else new goin' on at the smaller "school" in the western part of the State, I am certain this quote came from his mouth. ;)

he sounds a little jealous...

what on earth would possess him to whine about the press another team's running back is getting...

it would've looked better for him had he waited until after the iron bowl, provided they had shut KI down....but to yap now just sounds like a spoiled whiney kid.

Guest Tigrinum Major
:ua: There is nothing in the paper in Birmingham with this quote.

199012[/snapback]

Yes, Virginia, there is media coverage outside the Birmingham market.

AU's 2 top 5 draft picks couldn't run for 100 yards last year, I really don't see KI doing it either.

199016[/snapback]

Caddy and Ronnie didn't combine for over 200 against LSU either. Welcome to 2005. Just when you thought it was safe to go back into Jordan-Hare...

Oh, yeah, by the way, scoreboard.

Guest Tigrinum Major
:ua: I realize there is media coverage outside of Birmingham. Just wanting to read for myself. Still waiting for a link.

199020[/snapback]

There is a link earlier in the thread. It is part of the ITAT premium package and cannot be linked directly unless you have a subscription to said package. The quote was listed on an ITAT thread and that is the only reason we let it stay up.

If you are interested, go to the Auburn scout.com main page and you can read the first paragraph or so of the article.

DeMeco Linko

AU's 2 top 5 draft picks couldn't run for 100 yards last year, I really don't see KI doing it either.

199016[/snapback]

Let's see:

In 2003 Carnell ran for 204 yds, so yea this year should be a banner year for an AU RB. We are due.. ;)

199016[/snapback]

Let's see:

In 2003 Carnell ran for 204 yds, so yea this year should be a banner year for an AU RB. We are due.. ;)

199024[/snapback]

Sounds good Raven :thumbsup::cheer: War Eagle!

During this week I post things on my away messages talking about the game, and I posted that quote in it earlier. I got a reply from a Bammer friend of mine who is as hardcore UAT as I am AU, and he was flipping his lid saying that "THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH HIM SAYING THAT! AUBURN SUCKS!"

I rest my case.

Why is this such a big deal?

Let's suppose you're Travis Williams, and someone asks you about Ken Darby.

Are you going to say "Well, Darby's a great back, nobody like him in the SEC.." You simply don't make a statement like that.

Kudos to the kid for putting his teammates above everyone else. Follows the old coaching saying "Today you will face your toughest opponent - your teammate, in practice"

Archived