I don't like Paul Finebaum...

Auburn Seer

He really told off some Alabama fan.

The Bammer called in and said stuff like "Auburn didn't even win the West. Alabama shoots for National Championships, while Auburn shoots for Iron Bowl wins. I guess this just shows how wide the difference of our programs are."

Then Finebaum went off and said "Alabama's shooting for National Championships? Last year they were shooting for winning quarters! Auburn owns Alabama right now."

Then the Tider said something like "If we would've gone 12-0 this year, we would've gotten into the Rose Bowl. Auburn couldn't do it last year, but we could've. That's because we have the prestige Auburn doesn't."

And Finebaum said, well you can pretty much guess. "**** no."

There was a guy on there just now almost in tears because he's tired of the jokes about Brodie and the offensive line.

It's a beautiful thing.

PS: Now they're stealing our best lines! Somebody just called Bama's future Heisman winner Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson... :P

Man, it's great that we pounded Alabama into the ground for a change of pace. Close games are nice, but this was the best butt-whooping I've seen all year.  :D

202319[/snapback]

Didn't you hear? St Brodie has spoken to the bammie faithful and said that if you throw out the 1st quarter, uat wins the game 18-7. Also, the year before ... uat shut out AU for the 1st half(!) The only way we shut this crowd up is for CTT to quit "taking the air out of the ball" with a comfortable lead. Next year he's going to have to keep stepping on the gas for 4 straight quarters.

Did you all hear the guy talk about Brodie 60 years from now in a nursing home? McClover walking down the hall and Brodie fell to the floor screaming? :roflol::roflol:

The Bammer called in and said stuff like "Auburn didn't even win the West. Alabama shoots for National Championships, while Auburn shoots for Iron Bowl wins. I guess this just shows how wide the difference of our programs are."

Then Finebaum went off and said "Alabama's shooting for National Championships? Last year they were shooting for winning quarters! Auburn owns Alabama right now."

Then the Tider said something like "If we would've gone 12-0 this year, we would've gotten into the Rose Bowl. Auburn couldn't do it last year, but we could've. That's because we have the prestige Auburn doesn't."

202315[/snapback]

So with that logic uat will never win a NC. When you lose the Iron Bowl (4 now) :roflol: you won't be in contention for the NC. Personally if I had to pick, I would pick beating uat.

One game at a time. Prestige? that is a myth fueled by the media. You want Rose Bowl, USC would score 60 points on uat. Better worry about Texas Tech cause they may do the same.

who freakin cares what the crybaby bammers are saying. We beat the crap out of them and they are just sore losers, always have been.

202315[/snapback]

But aren't you the same guys that a few weeks ago were putting the guy down, because he was talking good about Bama? He's a jerk, and supports who ever is winning at the time. On the one hand this is fine, but don't act like you have been behind that team the entire time. I realize he is not a fan of any team, but then he should be neutral and let both team's fans talk and not try to stir the pot. If anyone ever calls him on things that he has said in the past, he just shuts them up, or talks over them and then hangs up on them.

Yesterday, he read part of a comment that Brodie had made about if it had not been for one quarter Bama would have won. How many of us all in the past has not said "hey if we had 5 more minutes, or if such and such had happened we could have won". He did not mean it the way Finebaum was trying to portray it, and then for him to call it an idiotic remark was uncalled for. He didn't read the rest where Brodie said what a good team Auburn is and how they jumped up on us, and we couldn't get back in the game. Brodie is the first one to say what a good team Auburn is, and was one of the first out on the field shaking hands with Auburn players.

I think that we had a very good season this year, not exactly what we would have dreamed about, but what we got. We will always dream of national championships, that is just what you strive towards, and who doesn't do this? If you're not striving for championships, why play?

the stupidity of the argument is magnified when you look at the beginning of every

season and ask nearly any team what their goal is, "to win the NC"

So using uat logic they are the only ones in the SEC trying to win the NC yet Tuberville has stated that Auburn's goal is to win it. Auburn has a better than average chance of doing just that. Of course you have to win the Iron Bowl first.

As far as bamabaum is concerned if he says something that is true then there is nothing wrong with agreeing with it, the bammer started it with his insane comment

much like ringo did with his.

uat believed their own unrealistic hype, but ended up peeing on themselves, and now they have a bad rash.

I admit to being a bit hypocritcal myself. I swore off Findbum at the beginning of the season because of the 90% Bama driven talk. The other 10% of the time was spent bashing all things Auburn. I called him and fired off several e-mails complaining about it. Then I poked my lip out, kicked the dog and swore I'd never listen to that guy again.

Then the Iron Bowl was played. Now, Friedscum is propping Auburn and bashing the Bammies. Now, I find myself tuning in again and laughing my head off.

There was this old dude that called yesterday and basically called Paul out. He asked him if he had any real interest in either school or is what he does all for entertainment. His answer put it in better perspective for me. I think PF was being straight when he said, Yes, he has an interest in AU/UA because of his show and the fact that he's covered both teams from a journalist's standpoint over the years. He also said that much of what he does on his show is absolutely for entertainment value. He was kind of like, "Duh, what do you think Shane and Bobby and Phyllis....are all about?

PF is going to cater to his audience and who's hot at that particular time. It's a Bama driven show, no doubt, but right now, Auburn's hot so Bama is the brunt of the jokes and he's hyping Auburn. It'll change back soon enough.

Archived