Does the Eagle really help?

Eagle Eye

We did not lose at home but one time in the past two seasons that the eagle came back and flew. Remember also that at the Ga. Tech game it didn't really fly either it just sort of dove. Just a thought

Yes! THE EAGLE does help. Thou shalt never questioneth thine value of THE EAGLE nor shalt thou ever placeth silly wires unto therewith a silly camera shalt unto thine wires beith connected. All thee who doth question THE EAGLE shalt beith bannished thereafter unto places unto which the light doth not shine.

:au:

I was thinking about this earlier in the year when the CTT vs. ESPN stuff came out. The ESPN field camera is a bad thing IMHO bc it interferes with our gameday traditions. IMHO Auburn should do something about this.

They have not been flying eagles too many years. But do you guys remember when the raptor center had those problems and all the birds were sick so none could fly? People were up in arms and sending thousands of emails to everyone from the band directors to the state governor about that eagle! People really really like it.

Why can't we do the same thing and raise a fuss about the ESPN camera to see if we can get them to not use it?

You think anyone watching on TV will care if that one camera angle is not there?

I thought we already took care of that? I was under the impression that ESPN had agreed to not use the SkyCam at AU home games. Not only do I hate it because of the Eagle stuff, I just hate it because I think it is worthless. There is nothing I hate more than when they decide to show the action from that angle. You see a play that looks like it went for 30 yards, then they cut away to another angle and you find out it went for two. In my opinion, it should be used strictly for replays, just to show things like holes opening up, or to illustrate the QB's decision process or something.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Why can't we do the same thing and raise a fuss about the ESPN camera to see if we can get them to not use it?

You think anyone watching on TV will care if that one camera angle is not there?

202600[/snapback]

From my understanding, after the GA Tech game, Auburn told ESPN not to bring the sky cam back to Jordan Hare. I got that from an email that a person in the University athletic department sent as a reply to my concerns. I don't have a copy of the email anymore, but here is the original thread:

Eagle Flight

The ESPN field camera is a bad thing IMHO bc it interferes with our gameday traditions. IMHO Auburn should do something about this.

espn moved the camera at the ga game this year so the pre game paratroopers could land. if they can move it for uga, they can damn well move it for our eagle flights.

the eagle flights definetly help. i know they get me rocking.

Tiger began flying in 2000 when Rudi Johnson was our RB.

Auburn Home Record

2000: 7-0

2001: 5-1 (Horrible loss to Alabama) (Beat #1 UF w/ Duval Kick!)

2002: 5-2 (Horrible loss to Arky and last second loss to UGA)

2003: 5-2 (EAGLE DID NOT FLY) (Loss to USC and Ole Miss)

2004: 7-0

2005: 6-1 (Eagle didn't fly at GT)

Composite Record:

TOTAL: 35-6 (85%)

W/ Eagle: 30-3 (91%)

The first time it flew against uga in 2000, I cried. Then I proceeded to lose my voice like I hadn't done in years. So, yeah it helps me for sure. IMO, there's no better pregame anywhere in the country.

The best 2 pregame activities in this world....Tiger Walk (pre pregame I guess) and the Eagle flying, it doesn't matter how many times I 've witnessed it, live in person or on t.v. it is the greatest pregame activity.

Archived