Mandel speaks again

BigSammyK

Whoa now...so under the new system coming in next year, TCU would have gotten in ahead of Auburn? So even under a five bowl system, we would still be left out in the cold? Man, they've really got the system fixed now.

:nanner::au::nanner:

TCU played one team all season that was ranked - Oklahoma. An OU had a very off year with 4 losses in a conference that was staggeringly bad (with the obvious exception of Texas).

They can add as many BCS games as they want, but until there is a +1 system or 4-team playoff, it is still a huge joke. Those involved should be ashamed for their lack of creativity and effort.

I've come to the conclusion that unless Auburn is the ONLY undefeated team left OR that EVERY team has at least one loss ('03 LSwho), Auburn will not make it to the MNC game. I'm having a really hard time trying to make a case against this theory.

I've come to the conclusion that unless Auburn is the ONLY undefeated team left OR that EVERY team has at least one loss ('03 LSwho), Auburn will not make it to the MNC game.  I'm having a really hard time trying to make a case against this theory.

204329[/snapback]

Let me disappoint you a little. If everyone has one loss, then that's probably similar to everyone being undefeated. I think AU is left out of both scenarios.

Let me disappoint you a little.  If everyone has one loss, then that's probably similar to everyone being undefeated.  I think AU is left out of both scenarios.

204330[/snapback]

Ya think? LSU got awfully lucky in '03...why couldn't Auburn?

Let me disappoint you a little.  If everyone has one loss, then that's probably similar to everyone being undefeated.  I think AU is left out of both scenarios.

204330[/snapback]

Ya think? LSU got awfully lucky in '03...why couldn't Auburn?

204331[/snapback]

Well, if the powers that be won't put us in the championship game with a perfect record against a tough schedule, they're not going to put us in there with a blemish. They'll contort the story and a close loss by us to a 9-2 team into will be worse than a loss to a 3-7 team by another team.

You won't have the same scenario as in 03 again...in 04 they made the AP vote the same as the BCS and then the AP dropped out...so their won't be another split championship again...

Ladies and gentlemen, as if you needed proof, the fortunes of the nation's college football teams -- not to mention tens of millions of dollars -- are being determined by the equivalent of a high school student-council election.

So what else is new.....<chirp chirp chirp>

You won't have the same scenario as in 03 again...in 04 they made the AP vote the same as the BCS and then the AP dropped out...so their won't be another split championship again...

204407[/snapback]

actually since the AP dropped out of the BCS, they can vote however they feel like, so we could still have a split championship if i'm interpretting this correctly. :blink::blink:

I honestly don't see the problem with Tuberville putting us fourth.

I believe us to be a better football team than Oregon (10-1), who's biggest win came against Fresno who went down to a traditional SEC homecoming team. I also think that we are better than Notre Dame (9-2). Ohio State (9-2) is a good team and would be a great game, I think us and them are pretty much even.

Its not like we were 8-3 and he jumped us over 4 or 5 10 and 9 win teams.

I thought this was pretty interesting....

Coach's Ballots

Richt has us ahead of UGAy even after the leghumpers won the SECCG. Nutt had us as high as 3rd.

I think that the way we have continued to improve over the season and how great of a team we are now that we're at the end of the regular season is deserving of a ranking in the top 5.

Archived