Marcus got robbed

aubie57

Esslinger is the worst of the finalists in my opinion. Even the guy from Oregon is better. But congrats to Marcus for just being among the final three.

Bammuh claims another moral victory! After making Minnesota's OL look like the 98 Broncos meets the early 80's Hogs in the Gaylord bowl last year, they foiled the Auburn OT's award.

Seriously. This I just don't understand. There's no way we get the game changing performance of the year, not with the anti auburn media.

204459[/snapback]

Did you notice how every other highlight had the play by play, then you get to AU/UGA and it talks over the play by play....I know this is minor but yes it did piss me off.

On a side note I thought JOEPA's shot at Herbie was pretty good.

After everyone saw Bama play a few games the media came away with the impression that the SEC has crappy O-linemen and this image rubbed off on Marcus unfortunately. Kinda like when bama ruined our strength of schedule last year by sucking so badly.

The guy from Minnesota got the trophy cause they churn out 1,000 yard rushers like Bama churns out average quarterbacks. I guess all the voters are blind to the fact that Glen Mason's offensive line system is one of the best and it is a plug and play type deal like with the Broncos in the NFL. Marcus hasn't given up a sack since 2002 and over the last 4-5 seasons, where has the bulk of drafted defensive linemen come from,the :sec: .

I heard that Marcus mauled Eslinger afterwards and took the trophy. Eye witnesses said it look like the beat down Wallace Dingleberry took.

I think Marcus got robbed too, but I'm not sure about the not giving up a sack stuff. I'm not trying to be negative. I just thought he gave up one in the :uga: game. Well I guess I was wrong. I've also seen other sites mention he hasn't given up a sack this year. Anyway I'm still proud of Marcus. I've read some things on him and he seems like a great guy as well. Thanks Marcus for four great years.

Wow! I stand amazed! I really thought that the Heisman was going to be the end all be all of skewed awards. As ProudTiger said and I agree with, Esslinger was the worse of the three finalists. Now that being said, ALL three are quality linemen and will have a payday coming on Sunday VERY soon.

We have all seen that the press machine has to go into high gear before most any awards are won by individuals. I don't know what if anything the Auburn AD did to help this. They may have done a lot. They may have done very little. I don't know and it doesn't matter at this point, but to me this is the athletic departments loss not Marcus's. We all know the world in which we live in and good bad or indifferent there is a press machine that has to go into production when awards are up for grabs.

Off the soap box and on to reality......Marcus, thank you for being a stand up young man and showing what it is to be part of the Auburn family! I hope that you have enjoyed your time in Auburn as much as we all have enjoyed you being there. Nomatter where this world takes you remember we are all a family!

I don't know what if anything the Auburn AD did to help this.

204538[/snapback]

Really should be the SID's job........

204546[/snapback]

Sorry I should have specified....By AD I meant Athletic Department.

One other thing that kinda bugged me was the fact that AJ Hawk won Big10 Defensive player of the year as a linebacker, but somehow Posluszny won the Bednarik award. Not taking anything away from the great season Posluszny had, but it just makes sense to me that if Hawk has won defensive player of the year for his conference then someone else from his conference shouldn't be named national defensive player of the year.

I had rather look at the bright side. Marcus is not only one of the BEST o-linemen in the Country, He is a GREAT human and will make Auburn proud for the rest of his life. He is a credit to his family and to the Auburn Family.

God Bless and all the best to the Big man from Auburn! :au::cheer:

Congrats to Marcus on being a finalist, and I just saw that he was named a first-team All American by ESPN, which gives him at least three major all-american honors.

Thanks Marcus, and good luck on Sundays!

Congrats to Marcus and if you happen to read the posts here, just know that the majority of Auburn fans and graduates regard you as the best in the country. We are grateful for you coming back for your final year and contributing to a great season. You will ALWAYS have a special place in th e Heart of the Auburn family and best of luck in your pro career. Just don' :cheer::au: t forget us....wde

Guest Tigrinum Major

I met Marcus' parents in Baton Rouge and we talked with them for quite a while. I told them how glad I was that Marcus had come back for this season and how I hoped he made a billion dollars in the NFL. His dad said he hoped so, too.

He is on track to grduate (if he hasn't already) in something like Computer Science or Information Technology. Even if he never plays football, Marcus will be successful.

One more game as a Tiger and then on to Sundays next year. Good luck, Big Mc!

Archived