Eddie Gran a Finalist For MTSU Head Coach

DCWarEagle

Wow. Looks like another Auburn assistant coach is getting bites regarding moving up to a head coaching position.

According to this B'ham News story, Gran interviewed a couple of days ago. Pat Nix is also a finalist for the position.

I'd hate to lose Coach Gran, b/c our running backs have been so great, but will obviously wish him well if he get the gig. War Eagle to him and Pat Sullivan.

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/in...3040.xml&coll=2

Also, this is something that I just saw yesterday regarding Coach Gran and his family. I'm not sure if this has been discussed on these boards before or not:

http://anders-bookstore.com/index.cfm?fuse...Home.SydneyGran

The Sydney Gran Foundation was founded by Rosemary and Eddie Gran in April of 2005 in honor of their daughter Sydney. Sydney was born with a rare disease known as HPE but defied the odds to live 6 wonderful years. Sydney passed on to be with the Lord on May 31, 2005. Sydney touched many lives not only in the Gran's hometown of Auburn , but at Children's Hospital in Birmingham where she was a patient. The Gran's want to help others who are less fortunate at Children's Hospital and would appreciate your donation.

I would hate to lose Coach Gran too, but, you can't blame a man for wanting to improve his lot in life.

Stay or go, I wish him all the best!

WAR EAGLE ! ! !

We had better be concerned where such prospects as Benjamin Tate and Mario Fannin are concerned!!!!!!!!!! These kids just might opt to take more visits or go somewhere else because of the possibility and probility the reality of Coach Gran leaving. Also, we still have to be concerned with Borges bolting! Damn, does success always have to result in insecurity and intimidation? Apparently so!

However, I suppose I'm just full of it but I believe t hat a kid who really wants to pllay for Auburn University will NOT back down on his word because if he does, then I don't have much use for him or her....wde!

However, I suppose I'm just full of it but I believe t hat a kid who really wants to pllay for Auburn University will NOT back down on his word because if he does, then I don't have much use for him or her....wde!

204596[/snapback]

Um...this is uncomfortably close to the "kids will crawl on their belly and bleed crimson to play for the Tahd" line.

I think what he is saying is that a kid should not pick his school based on one coach. I tend to agree. I would like to see kids come to Auburn because of Auburn.

Yea...Nevermind Wes...I had to show the world what he is on another board earlier today.....

Wes = lier...I mean lawyer...Wait one in the same. :big: He LOVES that!

Yea...Nevermind Wes...I had to show the world what he is on another board earlier today.....

Wes = lier...I mean lawyer...Wait one in the same. :big:   He LOVES that!

204614[/snapback]

And saniflush loves the.... :usc:

I do hate that with success comes uncertainty about the coaches that have helped us achieve what we now have... but I have always had faith in CTT and know that he will bring the best people he can to Auburn, and that no matter what happens our future is very very bright.

Also, we still have to be concerned with Borges bolting!

Latest rumor going around (back to that thread topic about the big announcement after the bowl game) is that CAB will be named a co-head coach, and that he will be guarenteed by contract to coach the Tigers if anything were to happen to Tuberville. Only rumor though.

Latest rumor going around (back to that thread topic about the big announcement after the bowl game) is that CAB will be named a co-head coach, and that he will be guarenteed by contract to coach the Tigers if anything were to happen to Tuberville. Only rumor though.

204757[/snapback]

Careful, a certain Latin Tiger is on the prowl. He eats some rumors :big:

Guest Tigrinum Major

204757[/snapback]

Borges will never be named co-head coach. This isn't Dixie Youth Baseball. You probably meant that he would be named Assistant Head Coach, which is purported to the rumor of big news coming out after the bowl game. Don't look for that either. If that were the case, it would be done now, to cut out the chance that other jobs would find their way to Borges' ear. Either way, I think (and this is simply opinion), Borges is there next year in the same role and capacity that he is now, possibly with a pay raise, but no promotion.

The big news rumor is more than likely a stadium expansion. I have nothing to base this on from the press or inside sources, but simply logic and instinct, which fail me regularly.

204757[/snapback]

Borges will never be named co-head coach. This isn't Dixie Youth Baseball. You probably meant that he would be named Assistant Head Coach, which is purported to the rumor of big news coming out after the bowl game. Don't look for that either. If that were the case, it would be done now, to cut out the chance that other jobs would find their way to Borges' ear. Either way, I think (and this is simply opinion), Borges is there next year in the same role and capacity that he is now, possibly with a pay raise, but no promotion.

The big news rumor is more than likely a stadium expansion. I have nothing to base this on from the press or inside sources, but simply logic and instinct, which fail me regularly.

204767[/snapback]

Hmmmmm.....logic and instinct........isn't kind of like speculation? :big::big::big:

204757[/snapback]

204767[/snapback]

You caught me in a spelling error :thumbsup: I meant "assistant Head Coach."

Your probably right, I stated what I had heard as rumor totally.

Guest Tigrinum Major
You caught me in a spelling error  :thumbsup:   I meant "assistant Head Coach."

204776[/snapback]

Your brain is just fried from finals. When do you get done?

204757[/snapback]

204767[/snapback]

You caught me in a spelling error :thumbsup: I meant "assistant Head Coach."

204776[/snapback]

Wake up down there vatz, it should be you're probably.....

JK with you. Have to do something fun on a cold Saturday with no good FB games.

204779[/snapback]

Yeah... my fun Saturday consisted of 2 very fun finals. Another semester is now done though... strange feeling

204779[/snapback]

Yeah... my fun Saturday consisted of 2 very fun finals. Another semester is now done though... strange feeling

204781[/snapback]

WarD, I miss that strange feeling. Once you get old and out of college, there's no such thing as "finals." It just keeps on going.

Damn. I wish I could have some work "finals" and just be done with it.

You caught me in a spelling error  :thumbsup:   I meant "assistant Head Coach."

204776[/snapback]

Your brain is just fried from finals. When do you get done?

204778[/snapback]

I get done Tuesday....had an exam at 8 a.m. this morning with 2 hours of sleep. Now if I can just calm down from the redbull intake :coffee: ....I might be able to sleep a little today.

I know the feeling Vatz... I got about 4 hours last night with an 8:00 am final.  Why do they do that to us anyway?  Good luck finishing up.

204789[/snapback]

I hate you all. My first final was the Monday after Thanksgiving (unless you count the paper that was due the Monday before Thanksgiving that was worth 100% of my grade in a class...had to give up free AU-UA tickets so I could work on it), and I don't get done until Wednesday. I'm up to about two and a half weeks now of studying 12-14 hours a day. My Thanksgiving break consisted of going home for one day to eat Turkey with the folks, then coming back down here to study.

And as I look back and read this post, I've also apparently gotten to be a bit ornery. Oh, well.

:nanner::au::nanner:

Archived