All Tebow threads combined

DKW 86

Well, Hell, I say rooooooooooooooooooooolll Gators! :uf::lol:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With regard to our OL, we'll be just fine especially with the commits we have lined up. We won 9 games despite our offensive line and AU exposed us and beat us bad but even with that "terrible" line we had this year, your team had to go to OT to win. What's going to happen when we get better?

Just be happy with your western division title this year. With Less Smiles as your HC, it may be your last for a while.

205304[/snapback]

What, 'bama's getting a few more Taylor Britt's? Good luck with those type of recruits on your way to getting better.

BTW 4-9, 6-6 and 9-2 or 19-17 under Shula and 0-3 against LSU (including 0-1 against Miles) under Shula and it appears 'bama will NEVER see an SEC title much less a SEC Western Division title! I guess the question is, will Coach Shula EVER beat LSU?

It is allowed in the state of Florida. I believe you have to live in the district in which you play.

If I am not mistaken, there is actually a league for home schooled kids in AL but it is a classification smaller than 1A. It may even be in AISA. Not certain, though.

With regard to our OL, we'll be just fine especially with the commits we have lined up. We won 9 games despite our offensive line and AU exposed us and beat us bad but even with that "terrible" line we had this year, your team had to go to OT to win. What's going to happen when we get better?

Just be happy with your western division title this year. With Less Smiles as your HC, it may be your last for a while.

205304[/snapback]

What, 'bama's getting a few more Taylor Britt's? Good luck with those type of recruits on your way to getting better.

BTW 4-9, 6-6 and 9-2 or 19-17 under Shula and 0-3 against LSU (including 0-1 against Miles) under Shula and it appears 'bama will NEVER see an SEC title much less a SEC Western Division title! I guess the question is, will Coach Shula EVER beat LSU?

205323[/snapback]

C'mon Ellis. We are upsetting the locals and it's not fair we hijack their site. I would love to debate you but let's do it somewhere like www.rolltidebama.com ... I would be glad to visit your site as well. :big:

Talk to you later and congrats on LSU showing so well against UGA in the SEC Championship game. You really represented our division well. :roflol::poke:

FWIW, I will pull for the state U of LA when you meet the 'canes. B)

So what you are saying is he never attended high school?

Shula should have used that coincidence in his sell - "come to bama, you have so much in common with us - many of our fans didn't go to high school either!"

tim tebow has not played a down in college football and he is dominating a message board that has no affiliation with him at all.  I normally keep up with recruiting but this is almost as bad as when lebron came out of high school.  WHO FREAKIN CARES, we have a football team as well and there is plenty to talk about regarding them including the bowl game.

205303[/snapback]

Well said dude, well said. Who freakin cares????????

This is all speculation now but I'd venture to say that 4-star hawthorne who is 50/50 between Bama and Auburn would have watched Tebow commit and wanted to play with the 5star. I know that not all 4 and 5 stars pan out..but a class made entirely of them do.

The top 5 in the rivals recruiting rankings in 2002 (this years seniors) include 4 BCS teams this year (Texas, Georgia, Florida St, Ohio St.) and a very underachieving Tennessee.

Contrary to most people's beliefs recruiting does make a difference and getting an instate 4 star over Bama is a big deal. Any help we can get in convincing them to come to AU as opposed to the smaller school in the west is huge.

These are the reasons why the #1 Dual-Threat QB not going to bama IS a big deal

Tebow to Fla. is old news now. But I'm surprised that no one even commented about that giant sucking sound coming out of West Vance. It was JPW, Jimmy Barnes, et. al., breating a huge, collective sigh of relief. JPW is now da man and bama is no longer worried. Neverming that this loss was worse than four iron Bowls in a row.

The classic I have seen on a bama board:

Poster #1-----now that we lost Tebow, what will we do.

Poster #2----start getting JPW ready to be a Heisman candidate next year. :big::big:

In fairness , most to the bammers didn't swallow the hype and have to eat crow.

But it's fun watching thoose who did.

The worst loser------Mike Shula. He didn't pull off the "signature" commitment he coveted, and he gambled and lost Smelley. After spending 10 hours in the Tebow home on the last visit and still losing, his recruiting capability loses a little shine. Don't be surprised to see bama lose a few commits over this. Shula's last comment as his plane left Gainesville for home....F..#

This is all speculation now but I'd venture to say that 4-star hawthorne who is 50/50 between Bama and Auburn would have watched Tebow commit and wanted to play with the 5star. I know that not all 4 and 5 stars pan out..but a class made entirely of them do.

The top 5 in the rivals recruiting rankings in 2002 (this years seniors) include 4 BCS teams this year (Texas, Georgia, Florida St, Ohio St.) and a very underachieving Tennessee.

Contrary to most people's beliefs recruiting does make a difference and getting an instate 4 star over Bama is a big deal. Any help we can get in convincing them to come to AU as opposed to the smaller school in the west is huge.

205337[/snapback]

Right on!!

Talk to you later and congrats on LSU showing so well against UGA in the SEC Championship game. You really represented our division well.  :roflol:   :poke:

205326[/snapback]

Well that got a :roflol: from me.

:big:

take them **** **'* off this page please

205307[/snapback]

:thumbsup: I love this guy! (not in the "happy-as-a-corndog-in-tuscaloosa" kind of way, though)

205333[/snapback]

That one even made me chuckle. :big:

Alright guys. I'll go play in my own litterbox so take it easy and whoop those Badgers.

AU- 42

UW- 17

LSwho- 17

'canes - 10

Bama - 24

Tex. Tech - 10

(I am a homer.....sorry).

205337[/snapback]

I don't care who they sign....this is where he's going to end up and that's all that really matters.

ia746lc.jpg

It's not allowed by the AHSAA, but the FHSAA does allow it. I'm not sure why it's not allowed by the AHSAA, I mean people that home-school their kids pay the same property and sales taxes that everyone else does. Don't see why their kids can't enjoy the athletic facilties of their local public high school. God forbid we try to have well-rounded kids these days.

205337[/snapback]

I don't care who they sign....this is where he's going to end up and that's all that really matters.

ia746lc.jpg

205343[/snapback]

well stated, numa. well stated.

What made me sick is every few hours today NBC 13 in Birmingham would go into a breaking story report just to talk about Tebo. I mean for the love this is a 18 year kid making a commitment. NBC continued to roll a crawl at the bottom of the screen as if everyone cared. :no:

Word on the street is that tebow was swayed to pick the gators after he talked with a current key college player who let him know what to expect if he made the wrong decision. Yes Sir, BRODIE set him on the right path and out of HARM'S way.

:lol::lol::lol::poke:

Some of the spin I've already seen:

1) We really didn't want Tebow that much, but he was interested in us so we gave him a shot. We've already got enough talented QB's on scholarship.

2) We should go after Mustain--he's better than Tebow anyway.

3) We'll get a better QB [another sure-fire Heisman winner no doubt] from the 2007 class.

4) If Smelley wasn't willing to wait for Tebow's decision, we don't need him. A true-blue, lifelong fan would walk on just to play for the Tide.

5) We've got a great shot at Alexander now.

and...

6) Shula is a great recruiter, so he make sure we're okay.

:blink::rolleyes:

So what you are saying is he never attended high school?

Shula should have used that coincidence in his sell - "come to bama, you have so much in common with us - many of our fans didn't go to high school either!"

205329[/snapback]

Excellent! Thank you for the laugh!

ok first off I was wrong in my prediction and I'm glad. I know everyone was

worried about that :D

Second does this mean Florida has a signature win over uat.

Third I wonder now if this recruiting race was ever close at all?

It seems the Tebows were just being polite and enjoying the attention.

Archived