All Tebow threads combined

DKW 86

I start this thread with heavy heart. I have fought the good fight for probably five years. I have tried to calm folks down about overhyping players. Watts at Alabama was said to be a lock for TWO Heismans, multipe MNCs. Of Brodie Croyle, it was said "He will never lose to Auburn, it means to much to him..."

We all know how they turned out. I blame the fans for the unreasonable expectations. Without further ado, here is a few from yours truly...

Sighted on the net a day or so ago:

"Tebow Sweat Said to Cure Cancer" From ITAT

"Tim Tebow Radio Network Gives Airtime to Paul Finebaum"

"Tebow Brings Peace to Middle East"

"Tebow Solves Riddle of Bermuda Triangle"

"Tebow DNA Identifed On Church Holy Relics"

"Tebow Named Newest Addition To Holy Trinity: Joins God, Jesus, Holy Spirit and Bryant"

Add at will....

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and Tebow is down again...and that's the 15th sack of the game for this Auburn defense!!! (no matter where he's playin'!)

:au::homer:

Tebow commits to "Atlantis" University. :cheer:

p.s. Mr. Tebow, Paper or plastic? :D:au:

"Tebow expected to sign with Florida

Nease QB will make announcement after accepting Mr. Football Award

ROGER MOONEY

Herald Staff Writer

It's Florida.

Unless all those who interpret the signs interpreted them wrong.

Then all-world quarterback Tim Tebow, the high school senior who led Ponte Vedra Nease to the Class 4A state title on Saturday, is headed to Alabama.

Or LSU.

The decision is expected to be announced this afternoon on ESPN, immediately after Tebow accepts Florida's Mr. Football Award. The presentation is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. at Nease High.

"I will be greatly surprised is he does not announce the Gators," said recruiting analyst Tom Lemming.

Here's why:

Tebow, the 6-foot-3, 217-pound left-hander, has a big-time arm and quick legs - a combination needed to run the spread option offense favored by Florida coach Urban Meyer.

Josh Portis, the true freshman who played behind junior Chris Leak this season, announced last week he was transferring from Florida.

Javon Snead, a top quarterback prospect from Stephenville, Texas, reportedly switched his commitment from the Gators to the Texas Longhorns.

Hummm.

Tebow is the 14th winner of Florida's Mr. Football Award, whose winners include Manatee's Shevin Wiggins in 1993 and Southeast's Adrian McPherson in 2000.

Tebow visited the Florida campus during the weekend of the Florida-Florida State game, a resounding victory for the Gators that Meyer said would make the recruiting season go a little smoother.

Florida already received commitments from 21 recruits. Nine came after the victory against Florida State.

Tebow, who will be featured at 10 p.m. Wednesday on ESPN2's "Faces of Sports," is rated the top quarterback prospect in the nation by Rivals.com and has received offers from Florida, Alabama, LSU, USC and Michigan.

In addition to attending the Florida-Florida State game, he was reportedly on the sidelines for the USC-UCLA and Michigan-Ohio State games.

Alabama coach Mike Shula was expected to have the final shot at Tebow. Shula had a home visit scheduled with the Tebows on Monday night.

Whichever program lands Tebow lands what coaches like to call the total package.

A devout Christian, Tebow reads the Bible every morning and lists his priorities as "school and church."

He spent the past three summers with his father on missionary trips to the Philippines, where he spoke about his faith to children and visited prisons.

On the field, Tebow runs the 40-yard dash in 4.6 seconds and needed three seasons to become one of the top quarterbacks this state has produced.

He holds state career records for passing yards (9,940), completions (631), total touchdowns (159) and total offense (13,050 yards). He's second to Florida State's Xavier Lee in all-time touchdown passes with 96. Lee had 98.

Tebow also holds the single season state record for touchdown passes (46), passing yards (4,286), total offense (5,552 yards) and total touchdowns (76) - each set in 2004.

He led Nease (13-2) to the 4A state title Saturday with a 44-37 victory against Seffner-Armwood at Dolphin Stadium. Tebow passed for 237 yards and four touchdowns and ran for 153 yards and two more scores as Nease beat the two-time defending state champions.

After the game, a teammate placed an Alabama ball cap on Tebow's head while Tebow was talking with reporters. When asked if that would indicate his choice of colleges, Tebow removed the cap and said, "No, you all are going to have to wait until (today)."

Information from other news sources contributed to this report."

For what it's worth, I had a dream last night that Tebow committed to LSU.

That being said, I think he's going to Florida. It'd be a perfect fit for Urban if this were still Utah. But it's not, and I doubt the kid will be the next Peyton or Eli in the conference.

I'm not sure what their actual future schedules are, but I'd like to see something like this in a few years:

Tebow Leads Gators to Victory Over Tide

In a tale of two programs headed in different directions, QB phenom Tim Tebow led the Florida Gators to a 35-3 victory over the University of Alabama.  The victory gives Florida a two game lead in the SEC East and establishes them as the clear favorite to represent the East in the SEC championship game.

Meanwhile, Alabama's loss removes them from bowl eligibility for the second year in a row.  Already talk has begun as to whether head coach Mike Shula can save his job by replacing his offensive coordinator for the third time in as many years.

Tebow heals rift between Democrats and Republicans, Howard Dean and Rush Limbaugh are now best of friends.

Every Time Tim Tebow Sneezes, a Third World Country Is annihilated From the Face of the Earth

Tim Tebow recently had the idea to sell his urine as a canned beverage. We know this beverage as Red Bull.

A man once asked Tim Tebow if his real name is "Timothy". Tim did not respond, he simply stared at him until he exploded.

Every Time Tim Tebow Sneezes, a Third World Country Is annihilated From the Face of the Earth

Tim Tebow recently had the idea to sell his urine as a canned beverage. We know this beverage as Red Bull.

A man once asked Tim Tebow if his real name is "Timothy". Tim did not respond, he simply stared at him until he exploded.

205173[/snapback]

Either I was dreaming or I saw a real sign at a UA game (sign being a white sheet spraypainted with red writing) that read:

Namath, Stabler, Shula, Watts, Croyle TEBOW

The next in a long line

As I pondered that I noted that there appeared to be a natural succession to that list. Follow the mathematical logic: Namath > Stabler > Shula > Watts > Croyle. Does this mean that Bama assumes Tebow (who will commit to the Tide today I believe) is "less than" Croyle in that progression?

TEBOW TO SKIP BOWL

Alabama senior quarterback Tim Tebow has announced he will not participate in the Crimson Tide's fourth consecutive trip to the Music City Bowl because of conflicts with other events.

"Well, as much as I love the team, I have other commitments," he told reporters. "I have to be in London to be knighted by the Queen, after which I continue on to Sweden to pick up the Noble Prize in medicine for my Bird Flu cure. Besides, this would make the fourth year in a row to finish the season with a loss to Auburn followed by the trip to Nashville, and it just gets monotonous after a while."

"I'm still looking forward to the NFL combine camp. I'm hoping to get a free-agent contract after the draft, like Brodie Croyle did, and I'll probably sign with his agent to make that happen. I went to Alabama with the hope that Coach Shula could make me an NFL-caliber quarterback and with any luck some team will still give me a chance."

TEBOW'S PARTENTS PRAY AFTER EVERY PLAY

Tim Tebow's parent's don't watch as much football as they used to. "Every time he gets hit, his mother turns away and asks 'is he up?' and I say yes, he's up again" says Tebow's father.

Oh, wait a minute...that headline has already been used.

:poke:

I REALLY hope that Mr. Tebow goes to the smaller "school" in west Al.

IF he were to go to the Gators, He may actually get some good coaching.

You heard it right. I just tuned into finebaum to hear what they bammers were saying about Tebow today, and a guest/caller said that if Tebow does what God wants, he will go to bama. That bama is the place where he will grow closer to God. :blink: "If he is obedient to God, he will go to Alabama"...wow

Sounds like words from the type person that might......oh.....nevermind.

This is getting far past the point of stupid into the usual uat "just plain sad" category. :blink:

I start this thread with heavy heart. I have fought the good fight for probably five years. I have tried to calm folks down about overhyping players. Watts at Alabama was said to be a lock for TWO Heismans, multipe MNCs. Of Brodie Croyle, it was said "He will never lose to Auburn, it means to much to him..."

We all know how they turned out. I blame the fans for the unreasonable expectations. Without further ado, here is a few from yours truly...

Sighted on the net a day or so ago:

"Tebow Sweat Said to Cure Cancer" From ITAT

"Tim Tebow Radio Network Gives Airtime to Paul Finebaum"

"Tebow Brings Peace to Middle East"

"Tebow Solves Riddle of Bermuda Triangle"

"Tebow DNA Identifed On Church Holy Relics"

"Tebow Named Newest Addition To Holy Trinity: Joins God, Jesus, Holy Spirit and Bryant"

Add at will....

205135[/snapback]

Sorry DKW,

Urban Meyer has done that all.

205173[/snapback]

Thanks AWK. I was drinking Red Bull as I read this. It suddenly doesn't seem to taste very good.

:nanner::au::nanner:

he's going to announce at 4:10 cst. I just looked at the Bamaonline.com message boards and there are 2144 people on right now.

oh...and i'm guessing that with Portis transfering away from UF, that might factor in his decision. Because if early playing time was one of his wants, then both schools could give that to him.

Bingo! (Or should I say Ringo?) :D

I REALLY hope tebow goes to uat. More MEAT for the AU Defensive GRINDER ! ! !

Archived