Recruiting: Self-scout the process?

rolltoomer

The hoopla (deserved) over DeMeco Ryans' awards prompts me to wonder how we missed a guy who seems to have all the qualities that Tuberville goes for. Good character, good student, hard worker, good athlete, good heart.

Plus he really wanted to play for Auburn.

Tuberville has admitted that he "made a mistake there".

So what caused Auburn not to offer? I'm sure there's some kind of score sheet matrix, listing all the attributes and all the candidates, for rank order. The question is, do the coaches go back and challenge their system for possible corections?

I am NOT lamenting not getting Ryans--he was never on a team that beat us--but how does the staff self-evaluate the process? (Simlar to how they self-scout themselves to see if they're setting up predictable trends that foes can take advantage of.)

We all know what an inexact process recruiting is, but that doesn't mean systems can't be examined and maybe improved on.

Those are interesting points. I had forgotten that he had wanted to come to Auburn. Maybe someone a lot closer to the inner workings of Camelot can answer those questions.

Archived