For those of you that like the BCS this year...

Guest Tigrinum Major

That's what I've been saying. The computers are screwing over the SEC every damn year and there will always be problems until this is changed. Jeff Fagarin always rates the SEC as one of the worst conferences and lifts the other "power conferences" up. I'm sick of this BS and thats just one more reason I hate the BCS.

My goodness, the man hit it on the head. I wish someone would see that. He is exactly right. I was harping on this last year and this year to my brother, wife, co-workers, anyone who would listen. The computers rankings are not worth a crap. How can they possibly rank a 7-4 Michigan team over a 10-2 UGA that won the SECCG?? Much less bias his SOS rankings to fit his own bias. Obviously screwed toward the big 10 as others are. After all was said and done Auburn played 4 teams in the top 25, Tech, LSU, UGA, Bama, with combined records of 36-10. USC played 3 top 25 teams, Texas played 2, Notre Dame played 3, Ohio St played 4, UGA played 4. Why are there more SEC teams in the AP and Coaches poll than any other conference??? but yet the computers want to say the SEC is not the best conference. There are two teams in the SEC with 10 wins and two teams with 9 wins, and UF with 8, Carolina with 7. Heck, the ACC has one with 10 wins (Va Tech), three with 8 wins (BC, FSU, Clemson), and Miami with 9 wins. The Big 12 has texas with 12 wins and TTU with 9, then 5 teams with 7 wins. the Pac10 has USC with 12 wins, Oregon with 10, UCLA with 9, Cal with 8, ASU with 7 wins thanks to squeking by Rutgers in the bowl game The Big ten has PSU with 10 wins, OSU and Wisky with 9 wins, and 4 teams with 7 wins. Looking at that I say from top to bottom based on average wins for top 5 teams with most wins the best overall conference is

#1 SEC/Pac10 (9.2)

#2 ACC (8.6)

#3 Big 10/Big 12 (8.4)

With the SEC and ACC with all 5 of these teams with 8 or more wins. My opinion, I still think from top to bottom SEC is strongest.

all i heard was strength of schedule last year as why we were left out, we were 5th, i think usc was 11th, oklahoma 17th, i think. also hated how they tried to use games against troy university to gauge the big 12 to the sec, saying south carolina and lsu struggled but won, well this idiot didn't do his homework because missouri lost to troy and was ranked 18th at the time, imagine that a big 12 team in the top 25 losing to a sun belt team, not even the conference champ. still bugs the **** out of me. it was in the pre-game justification session just before the kickoff of oklahoma-usc buttwhooping. we da*n sure wouldn't have given up 55.

Kevin Strickland is great. Unlike the bamaham area sportswriters this guy uses stats and facts in his articles to support his arguments. His column after the iron bowl was a great read also. :thumbsup:

Archived