Congrads to MD All-Star Player of the Year

DCTiger

Living here on the Eastern Shore, I should get demerits for not getting to a Snow Hill game this year to watch Ben Tate play. He played in walking distance of my house this year (at Kent Island High). Doh !!!

Oh well. If his numbers are any indication ... hes gonna be a great one.

My Webpage

Tate receives All-State Offense player nod

Snow Hill High senior running back Ben Tate was named Maryland’s All-Star High School Offensive Player of the Year in a media poll conducted by mdvarsity.com.

Tate compiled 2,069 yards in 12 games as the Eagles finished 12-2 overall, losing to Allegany in the 1A state finals Dec. 10.

Named a Consensus All-State Player as a junior and senior, Tate ended his career with 5,925 yards rushing and 78 rushing touchdowns in 37 varsity games. He will start attending Auburn next month on a full athletic scholarship.

DCTiger, you missed your chance to see him in high school, but hopefully you (and the rest of us) will have lots of chances to see him at :au: , though with Irons, Lester and Stewart, it may not be next year. It is almost silly how much talent the tigers have recently had at RB. :cheer:

Maybe if they get that MD game planned we can go watch him run over some Maryland T(w)erps. Playing against them our backups should get some playing time.

DCTiger, you missed your chance to see him in high school, but hopefully you (and the rest of us) will have lots of chances to see him at  :au: , though with Irons, Lester and Stewart, it may not be next year.  It is almost silly how much talent the tigers have recently had at RB.  :cheer:

Maybe if they get that MD game planned we can go watch him run over some Maryland T(w)erps.  Playing against them our backups should get some playing time.

207509[/snapback]

Looks like we might just end up getting Cordera Eason as well. Factor in that we're also gaining attention from some of the top RBs in next year's recruiting class and I think we're set. I'm almost surprised as to why more top-end 5 Star RBs dont sign with us, considering that we have a history of producing great college and NFL RBs. We develop RBs for fun at :au:

DCTiger, you missed your chance to see him in high school, but hopefully you (and the rest of us) will have lots of chances to see him at  :au: , though with Irons, Lester and Stewart, it may not be next year.  It is almost silly how much talent the tigers have recently had at RB.  :cheer:

Maybe if they get that MD game planned we can go watch him run over some Maryland T(w)erps.  Playing against them our backups should get some playing time.

207509[/snapback]

Looks like we might just end up getting Cordera Eason as well. Factor in that we're also gaining attention from some of the top RBs in next year's recruiting class and I think we're set. I'm almost surprised as to why more top-end 5 Star RBs dont sign with us, considering that we have a history of producing great college and NFL RBs. We develop RBs for fun at :au:

207535[/snapback]

OK...I'll bite. Who is Cordera Eason?

207509[/snapback]

207535[/snapback]

OK...I'll bite. Who is Cordera Eason?

207537[/snapback]

4-Star RB out of Mississippi, he's a bigger back at 6'0 240 and I'm guessing we might play him a bit at FB like Ronnie Brown if he decides to come here. Hes down to 3 choices so far: :om: , :ua: , and :au: .

Archived