How much does bowl Loss effect recruiting?

HomanAU

This will effect recruiting VERY little, if at all. :au:

Recruits pay very little attention to individual games because they figure it was another team, other people and another time and rightfully so. However, those things that DO affect recruiting include probation, investigations and subsequent rumors, etc. which can have an impact on their careers down the pike. :au:

ND has lost 8 bowl games in a row and they still have good recruiting classes most every year.

208629[/snapback]

We are not Notre Dame.

Beating Bama and UGA is 10 times more important than laying an egg in a meaningless Bowl game. It does have make an impression, but more on outside of southeast recruits.

It will however continue the saga of getting no respect by national media. Until we can get on top, stay there, win poorly played games, we won't get the nod in the press.

We still seem to be in the lead for Deantwan Whitehead.

Andre Smith has trimmed his list down to 6 after cutting Tennessee and Miami. We're still fighting for his last official visit, although I highly doubt we get him (someone here mentioned that we've given up recruiting him heavily).

I think McClover leaving early should be reason enough for Peanut to come on over soon. As for Smith, the Bammer ploy is not working as Auburn has backed off lately. No moral victory to be won there...

What a pity. After all, moral victories are all they have. :big:

Homan it is hard to determine how this loss will effect recruiting especially with UA winning albiet against a low caliber team and AU having been such a heavy favorite. Those of us who have been associated with AU for long periods would not be effected. The detrimental effect on impressionable teenagers considering AU will be hard if not impossible to determine.

All AU losses especially combined with a UA win hurts us ... even if the UA win is against a Mickey Mouse opponent.

Thanks seems like its not to big of a deal. I just kept hearing schools talk about a bowl win boasting them into recruiting season. Seems like are class is really shaping up to be a great one and from what ive read we lead for whitehead and hawthorne.

Wareagle At Vandy tipoff 15 minutes. :cheer:

My take on this is that losing the Capital One Bowl will not effect recruiting. I believe the only time a bowl loss really effects recruiting is if your playing for the National Championship or you get blown out like Miami.

ND has lost 8 bowl games in a row and they still have good recruiting classes most every year.

208629[/snapback]

We are not Notre Dame.

208658[/snapback]

...and THANK GOD for that!!!!!! Don't get me started!!!

:au::homer:

Archived