Random Thoughts on Bowls, Playoffs, and the NC

AUDadTwice

Like all of you, I was very disappointed in the way we played yesterday. Not to take anything away from Wisconsin, though. They played with fire and intelligence and deserved to win.

I think yesterday made it obvious why so many of us thought :au: and :uga: were the best teams in the SEC at the end of the year. <_<

I never really thought a whole lot about it before, but maybe this explains why decades ago the national championship was decided before the bowl games. With such a long layoff after the regular season, the team that shows up for the bowl might not be the team that played the regular season.

I wish we had a playoff that began 2 weeks after the end of the regular season/conference championship games. Choose the top 8 or 16 teams, give them one week off, and let the top seeds host the first round game at home. Don't use the bowls until the semi-final and final rounds. The smaller bowls could carry on as they always have. They never have an impact on the national championship anyway.

If the :au: staff and players use this loss as motivation for next season, it could lead to some very satisfying results. Here's hoping.

Apparently BC had a giant COke float before the game and it carried over into the gmae

the WRs were dropping passes like it was `03 all over again and BROCK and PITTS just stood around like it was one hand tag football!

the WRs were dropping passes like it was `03 all over again and BROCK and PITTS just stood around like it was one hand tag football!

208668[/snapback]

You should lay off those two. A) There were probably 10 other people that played and missed a tackle or two as well. Just because they were caught on camera doesn't mean they were the only ones. Our DBs were out of position all day from 1)whatever the heck scheme we were doing and 2) their routes confused the heck out of us. Its hard to make a tackle when you're out of position. B) A lot more important people log on here than you think. Knocking them for trying will garner more negative attention than I or any fan would care to have.

I will say that David Irons showed up..as usual! He needs to come back! :cheer:

208747[/snapback]

Agreed. He's a pretty good tackler, even if he does go for the shoe laces every time. Whatever gets them down... He got shook on one play for a few yards, but thats about the only mistake he had. They didn't throw to him much.

Archived