Matt Leinart

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

I hate the media. They immediately went to Pete Carroll and Leinart after the game. After slipping up and saying that "this was a hard fought win, I mean, loss, I guess", Leinart said that "I still think we're the better team".

I don't fault him much, it was right after he just had his heart ripped out. And it was a whale of a game. Good luck to all the players that will be playing on Sunday next year.

I was laughing at that whole interview. Was it me or did Leinart have this look on his face like "you guys know you weren't supposed to win this!!" Almost like they were to bow down to his greatness. Smug, arrogant, &%$^&

"If you take away the last 3 points, err, I mean the last FOUR points, we WIN!"...

No wait, that would be the uat mullet. :D

I wonder if all those in the media who declared Pete Carroll the hands down greatest coach in America, have changed their tune.

I know it was a great game, easily one of the top 2-3 championship games ever played. But Pete, you went for it on 4th and essentially gave Texas the ball around midfield to go in for the winning score. You are the defensive coordinator. You don't think you'd be better served to make them go 80 or more yards to win.

And as they were going in for the winning score, did you not have any idea that a TD would put them up by only 1 and that they would go for 2 to make it a 3 point game. USC looked totally confused and used it's LAST time out, thus taking care of any opportunity to come back. These are things that great coaches are prepared for.

"If you take away the last 3 points, err, I mean the last FOUR points, we WIN!"...

208962[/snapback]

UA - 10-2

AU - 9-3

:cheer:

but that's right, all some of you care about is the IB score right. That's the entire determinant of AU year.

yeah right.

ROLL TIDE!!!

208962[/snapback]

UA - 10-2

AU - 9-3

:cheer:

but that's right, all some of you care about is the IB score right. That's the entire determinant of AU year.

yeah right.

ROLL TIDE!!!

209025[/snapback]

If that makes you feel better about the Iron Bowl, go for it Bud. But ask yourself one question.

Will winning their bowl game help Bama more than Auburn loosing their bowl game will hurt AU? No make that two questions. Which team will be better off when August rolls around AU or UA? With the players both have coming back and considering the players (starters) who are leaving, I think a big nod would have to go to AUBURN. But then again I have not had a dose of Kool-Aid today.

If loosing bowl games were as bad as you want to make it, how did Bear Bryant last so long at UaT?

I know that if they gave USC a point for every time he said "you know" they would have scored more points than any team in history. He cannot form a sentence without at least one "you know" in it. Drove me crazy!

That TO used by the USC players after UT's TD was what cost them the game, imo.

Get that TO and they throw it down the field 10-15 yards and use the TO to setup a FG to tie

Archived