what does auburn need to do for next year

jwise0022

after watching the tigers this season, i noticed a few things we need to fix for next year. against georgia tech, we could not protect cox, especially from the outside. with our two tackles leaving, i believe this is the most important weakness for our offense. we also need to establish a second receiver, taylor will not be enough.

on defense, we must be better in the secondary. i noticed all year that we were never close to receivers. we must have cornerbacks play more agressively in the secondary. will herring will be a senior and should be better. david irons, if he is allowed to return, wll be a shut down corner, but we need one more. i am tired of seeing our cornerbacks sitting back 10 yards behind receivers when it is obvious that they are running an 8 yard out route. we must let our defensive backs be more aggressive.

it seems like we are unwilling to both allow a big play and attempt a big play. we need more turnovers and the only way to accomplish this to be more agressive. we need deflections by our db's. we also need to give our qb time to throw deep, especially with rodriguez and dunn at receiver. taylor is a great possession receiver (imho) but we must be able to stretch the defense in order to allow kenny irons to go deep.

any disagreements. :au:

I think we will be plenty fine at WR. Prechae Rodriguez will step up, and the others also. We are going to be fine at WR.

My main concern is the offensive line with Mcneil and Reddick leaving, but I think we will be fine. We may give a few sacks here and there, but we'll see.

Archived