TennStud posts...

DKW 86

http://mb10.scout.com/fgridscapefrm1.showM...cID=51380.topic

"Tennessee will have a new football coach if UT doesn't

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

win 8-9 games; 6 wins will definitely bring a change, probably 7" says George Lapides on his sports show with Geoff Calkins this morning. This is GL opinion and I am posting what he said, not to annoy anyone, just to conform to the new Federal law!

I know he is quoting a commentator, but he is agreeing with him too.

Is somebody using Roy's computer again??? :lol:

That could be a pretty fair assessment though. With a 12 game schedule and the talent combined with the OOC schedule, most SEC teams should win a minimum of 7 games next year.

I would be shocked if UT won fewer than 8 games for a second consecutive year.

:au::homer:

Reading the posts over there:

1) They think they are having a horrible recruiting year.

2) They do not see :ut: rcovering anytime soon.

3) It is like thay have woken up to see CPF as not really that great since 1998. In fact Tennstud calls him mediocre since 98 often.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Fulmer will win 8 games exactly next year...maybe 9

Don't be surprised to see Fulmer/Cut shock the East and win it in 2006

210306[/snapback]

How is he going to lose 3, maybe 4 games and shock the East? Even if he loses one non-conference game, I doubt that he wins the East with two or more losses.

How is he going to lose 3, maybe 4 games and shock the East?  Even if he loses one non-conference game, I doubt that he wins the East with two or more losses.

210323[/snapback]

UGA had 2 SEC losses and still won the SEC East.

It is quite possible they lose to Cal and 1-2 SEC games and win the East

Guest Tigrinum Major
UGA had 2 SEC losses and still won the SEC East.

It is quite possible they lose to Cal and 1-2 SEC games and win the East

210377[/snapback]

It is certainly possible. Happens all the time. But Fulmer typically doesn't lose to teams that are worse than he is. If he gets beat, it will be by Florida, USC or UGA, his three main rivals for the East. He ends up with two losses, they will have to end up with three. I can see Florida or UGA winning the East with two losses, but not UT.

Maybe I think about this kind of stuff wayyyyyy too much.

I think that Fulmer has to have a great year to stay... :ut: has been in the press so much in recent years and has had to put up with all the shinanigans that he allows to go on and at some point the administration will have had enough of that combined with poor performance. I say he has to have a stellar year to stay after next season.

Archived