Pat Hill to Interview for NFL Jobs

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

Fresno Coach to talk to at least three teams

FRESNO, Calif. (AP) -- Fresno State coach Pat Hill wants to hear what the NFL has to offer.

After receiving requests from several teams he didn't name, the former NFL assistant coach said he will interview for new jobs for the first time since taking over the Fresno State program in 1997.

"With so much interest at this time from NFL teams, I owe it to my family to look and listen," Hill said. "It is a great compliment to our program, coaching staff and players that so many NFL teams have expressed this type of interest."

Hill, a former assistant under Bill Belichick in Cleveland, was interviewed by the Houston Texans on Monday, a team spokesman said. The New Orleans Saints and the St. Louis Rams reportedly have contacted Hill for imminent interviews, and the Oakland Raiders are thought to be interested as well.

It goes on to say that he is looking at a pretty short window. If he goes, would it possibly affect our own staff? That is a pretty peachy job in a part of the country near and dear to the heart of one of our assistants.

Personally, I think we have nothing to fear but fear itself. On the other hand, if you make yourself aware of what is happening at other places, you aren't blind sided when less than desirable things happen at your school.

Good luck, Mr. Hill.

Feel free to tell me to shut up.

If CAB is telling the truth (and I feel he is) he feels as though he has come to the Mecca of college football when he came into the SEC. He has stated that a school's location on the west coast would have very little bearing on whether he took the job or not.

I may be burying my head in the sand, but I don't think THE job will come around for another couple of years. He has been burned in the past by making rash moves too soon into questionable situations and I don't think he will let it happen again.

Let's Hope!!!

No doubt he has done a very good job at Fresno, but reading the article it sounds as if he prompted the article. He may have heard from a few NFL teams, but how many people that aren't looking to get a raise at work would tell anyone that they will explore options? Just a thought.

Archived