Rumor has it Tommy Tuberville will interview with

PenguinAUB

Guest Tigrinum Major
New Orleans is a typical big city, with more places to avoid than move into.

Where exactly are you basing this off of....have you even spent time in the city? Do you know where the city actually stops and starts?

I have lived here for 23 years and know 10x more beautiful places to live then avoid....or are you thinking of the French Quarter, 9th Ward, and Superdome and thinking that is the entire city?

211339[/snapback]

Yes, I have sepnt time there. Not 23 years. Never more than about four days at a time, in fact. I lived in Louisiana for three and a half years and have made numerous trips to New Orleans and Dallas. I would much rather live in Dallas, based on what I have heard from people there compared to what people that live in New Orleans say about New Orleans.

Is Metarie and Kenner part of what you call New Orleans? If so, you are correct, those places are perfectly fine to live in. But overall, a smaller town is a better place to raise kids than cities. Obviously, these are not hard and fast rules and there are exceptions and you can even call it all an opinion. But I would not live in the New Orleans area, not in the past and not now.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Tig, I apologize.

I was PWI last night

:D

Posting While Intoxicated

:no:

211393[/snapback]

Not a problem. I made some off the cuff comments that I should have clarified.

Glad we could agree to disagree. I apologize for insulting your fair city, which I love to visit from time to time. I just wouldn't want to live there.

Tig, I apologize.

I was PWI last night

:D

Posting While Intoxicated

:no:

211393[/snapback]

Glad to know I'm not the only one guilty of that occasionally! ;)

By the way, here's a link on who the Saints really are interviewing:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5245320

METAIRIE, La. (AP) - The New Orleans Saints finished a two-day interview with former Packers coach Mike Sherman on Friday, then began two days of interviews with former Rams coach Mike Martz.

Sherman is familiar with New Orleans from two years (1983-84) as offensive line coach at Tulane - part of 16 years spent as a college assistant before becoming the Packers' tight ends-assistant offensive line coach in 1997.

"That was my first big job and I know people down here," Sherman said. "When I was a college coach for a number of years, I used to recruit Louisiana. I know the type of people that live here, good people. I find it to be a very attractive job."

Sherman was fired this month after Green Bay finished 4-12, its only losing record in six seasons under him. Overall, he was 57-39 and took the Packers to the playoffs each year from 2001-04, the last three as NFC North champions. He went 2-4 in the postseason.

The Saints were the first team to interview Sherman, who said he still wants to be a head coach.

New Orleans is seeking a replacement for Jim Haslett, whose tenure also lasted six years and bottomed out in 2005. The Saints had a .500 record overall during Haslett's first five years before finishing 3-13 this season.

"You do everything you can to try to win football games, but I just think there comes a point where collectively as an organization you just work toward getting a winning product on the field and being accountable and honest about that product," Sherman said. "When something's not right, you try to fix it."

Martz, fired after the Rams finished 6-10, was the fifth candidate to interview since the search began in earnest on Monday. St. Louis was 2-3 when Martz was sidelined for the final 11 games because of a heart infection. He took the Rams to the playoffs four times in his six seasons.

The team has also interviewed Jets defensive coordinator Donnie Henderson, Browns offensive coordinator Maurice Carthon and Cowboys assistant head coach Sean Payton.

The Saints also have contacted Fresno State coach Pat Hill, who has interviewed with the Texans and the Rams, and have shown interest in Steelers offensive line coach Russ Grimm, who has been busy preparing for Pittsburgh's AFC divisional playoff game at Indianapolis on Sunday.

This is your normal useless recruiting season rumor.

This is not serious and is not credible in the least.

NO he is not leaving, atleast not yet. When Tommy Tubberville interviewed for this job he promised a National Championship. While, 2004 was an undefeated championship, and some could argue that we could be called national champions, I think he won't leave just yet. He knows he can get us one, and it's just a matter of time. IMO next year is shaping up pretty well. And before ya'll ban me for "jinxing" us. I only say that it is really possible, because of what I saw from Brandon Cox, Kenny Irons, and all the future talent of this organization. I think now that Cox has one year under his belt, and the really tough games at home, we have a shot.

Plus from all that I see CTT loves this place, and what's not to love.

I don't mind saying that we "Should" be better and should be contending on the national scene next year. I don't think it jinxes us at all. I'm thrilled to get this program to a level where you know full well that we will have the talent each and every year to compete with the best in the nation and be considered one of the best.

If Sporting News or SI or the AP or whoever thinks we deserve a top 5 rating, I think we're finally at the point where we can live up to the hype and not worry about where preseason polls rank us. 9-10 win seasons every year will put you there.

Oh yea, Tubby ain't goin' nowhere! :D

Note to Tommy Tuberville:

Watch Capital One Bowl vs Wisconsin every couple days to keep from believing the hype.

Right now you are only as good as the last game. Polls don't mean squat..

unless you lose.

I actually heard that Alabama and Auburn have agreed to swap Shula and Tuberville for next season.

212201[/snapback]

That would be uat's ONLY chance of avoiding the THUMB! :big:

Archived