Rumor has it Tommy Tuberville will interview with

PenguinAUB

Guest Tigrinum Major

Yet another reason for LSU fans to hate the Saints.

Most of the time, this site uses info from legitimate sources. Sometimes not.

I cannot imagine Tuberville leaving Auburn with two young children for that cesspool of New Orleans. Granted, he would live in a nice part of town, but I don't see it happening.

It is easy to understand why some head coaches leave other places Curry and Fran leave UT, but unless you went to school there and just didn't know any better who wouldn't wish to leave.

AU on the other hand does not have a history of having the head coach leave for other places. It would be a gross mistake to think the grass is greener somewhere other than AU.

I too think this is recruiting garbage.

WAR EAGLE!!!

Rumor has it that flipper will be taking a job in Miami. He will be waiting tables @ Outback. His Father is upset because he will be working for the "other" team. :D

CTT just signed a long term, very lucrative deal. When you hear rumors like this, remember that part of that deal is a killer buyout clause that works both ways. I hope CTT is heading up our program for many years to come, but I also understand the nature of the coaching carousel. I just don't see him making any moves for at least 2-3 more years, if at all, with what it would cost him or someone else.

Guys, let not your heart be troubled by unfounded recruiting season rumors...... :D:thumbsdown:

It must be recruiting season...  :rolleyes:

211140[/snapback]

Guys, let not your heart be troubled by unfounded recruiting season rumors...... :D  :thumbsdown:

211212[/snapback]

B)B)

These two understand the origination of these things.

:au::au::au:

Yeah, this is a recruiting move. He's not going anywhere. Interpret as CTT is the real deal and come to Auburn so you can play in the NFL.

It must be recruiting season...  :rolleyes:

211140[/snapback]

Guys, let not your heart be troubled by unfounded recruiting season rumors...... :D  :thumbsdown:

211212[/snapback]

B)B)

These two understand the origination of these things.

:au::au::au:

211226[/snapback]

Also a sign of how much our opponents respect/fear CTT, IMHO!

Few things

1) This is a joke. The Saints have not nor ever contacted Tommy.

2) That site is a joke. When will people realize that the sites make up rumors so that people (like this thread) post them on their site giving them publicity? Those sites are making up rumors and hiding behind their fake sources OR taking what newspapers are saying and brandish it off as their own. It's sad

I cannot imagine Tuberville leaving Auburn with two young children for that cesspool of New Orleans.

Oh please, still watching CNN for your coverage of how New Orleans is going? The city is fine and looking quite good in many parts. Good lord.

The ghettos are gone as is parts of Lakeview yet everyone still thinks downtown New Orleans is abandoned and ruined. Downtown New Orleans is back up and running in most areas and Metairie/Kenner are coming back fine.

I still laugh at Keith whoever on MSNBC.com talking about it taking 20 years for the city to come back.

I cannot imagine Tuberville leaving Auburn with two young children for that cesspool of New Orleans.

Oh please, still watching CNN for your coverage of how New Orleans is going? The city is fine and looking quite good in many parts. Good lord.

The ghettos are gone as is parts of Lakeview yet everyone still thinks downtown New Orleans is abandoned and ruined. Downtown New Orleans is back up and running in most areas and Metairie/Kenner are coming back fine.

211263[/snapback]

And in other news, Houston reports a 23% increase in violent crime last year... :no:

Guest Tigrinum Major

I still laugh at Keith whoever on MSNBC.com talking about it taking 20 years for the city to come back.

211263[/snapback]

Just to clarify my comments, I would have also referred to Birmingham as a cesspool (and I work there) if there was a rumor about him coming to UAB (tongue in cheek, obviously.) Also, if he were going to Cincinnati, Memphis, Detriot, Miami, etc., I would have made the same comment. There are some larger cities that are "good" (Nashville and Dallas come to mind), but they are not cities such as New Orleans, as a rule.

I am sure that Metrarie and Kenner are fine places, but as a whole, New Orleans is a typical big city, with more places to avoid than move into.

New Orleans is a typical big city, with more places to avoid than move into.

**Edited** - I thought you said something else which you did not....

Where exactly are you basing this off of....have you even spent time in the city? Do you know where the city actually stops and starts?

I have lived here for 23 years and know 10x more beautiful places to live then avoid....or are you thinking of the French Quarter, 9th Ward, and Superdome and thinking that is the entire city?

this is bull #@#$! why would you leave a top 10 team every year in college to go to a dump of a team in no

211341[/snapback]

Like was previously said, it's recruting season. Other teams (cough-BAMAR) like to float those kinds of rumors to get a recruiting edge.... Spurrier's already told Tubs he has it made at AU and he'd be crazy to go to the pros. I agree....

:au::homer:

I agree that this has got to be recruiting mis-information - but would still feel better if CTT would publicly put an end to it.

.... Spurrier's already told Tubs he has it made at AU and he'd be crazy to go to the pros. I agree....

:au:   :homer:

211347[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol:

If anyone would know about leaving college nirvana for pro ignomity, it would be Spurrier! :big:

Archived