Something to think about

Tigermike

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Edmund Burke

The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles. Ayn Rand,

Hypocrisy can afford to be magnificent in its promises; for never intending to go beyond promises; it costs nothing. Edmund Burke

The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles.  Ayn Rand,

What is the context of that quote? Did it come from "For the New Intellectual"?

The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles.  Ayn Rand,

What is the context of that quote? Did it come from "For the New Intellectual"?

211761[/snapback]

Actually I got it from the quote page, but it originated here:

Ayn Rand, Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal, 1966

http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Ayn_Rand/

That would have been my second guess. Probably should read both again since I got caught with my pants down not remembering something.

Read much Ayn Rand yourself, or none at all?

That would have been my second guess. Probably should read both again since I got caught with my pants down not remembering something.

Read much Ayn Rand yourself, or none at all?

211793[/snapback]

Some, but it has been a while. I was looking thru the quote page and liked that particular quote.

Some, but it has been a while.  I was looking thru the quote page and liked that particular quote.

211802[/snapback]

You should refresh yourself.

Some, but it has been a while.  I was looking thru the quote page and liked that particular quote.

211802[/snapback]

You should refresh yourself.

211837[/snapback]

It's recruiting season now, I will put that on my list of things to do, maybe. :)

If I remember correctly Ayn Rand, was somewhat full of herself and she has a fairly large cult following.

What is your opinion of her and her writings?

Here is a quote to ponder

"A president who breaks the law is a threat to the very structure of our government. Our Founding Fathers were adamant that they had established a government of laws and not men. Indeed, they recognized that the structure of government they had enshrined in our Constitution - our system of checks and balances - was designed with a central purpose of ensuring that it would govern through the rule of law. As John Adams said: "The executive shall never exercise the legislative and judicial powers, or either of them, to the end that it may be a government of laws and not of men."

An executive who arrogates to himself the power to ignore the legitimate legislative directives of the Congress or to act free of the check of the judiciary becomes the central threat that the Founders sought to nullify in the Constitution - an all-powerful executive too reminiscent of the King from whom they had broken free."

Guess who?

Archived