Sir Charles busting some heads at a local bar

AuNuma1

You've probably heard by now but I didn't see it mentioned on the board yet...but seriously, who goes up to Charles Barkley and tries to fight him??

AL.com

Charles Barkley in minor scuffle at Hoover pub

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

CAROL ROBINSON

News staff writer

As far as Charles Barkley bar fights go, a brief Sunday night scuffle at On Tap in Hoover between the basketball great and another patron likely won't make any record books.

The former Auburn and NBA basketball star, along with two friends, was in the bar long enough only to get a Corona before a tussle erupted.

"A couple of chairs and tables got knocked over, but it was over and done in about two minutes," bar owner Kevin Lather said Monday.

Lather said he didn't know the specifics of the altercation, but said employees told him it was a minor incident. Hoover police were called, he said, but no one was arrested or injured. Efforts to reach police for comment were unsuccessful.

Barkley has been arrested after bar fights from Cleveland to Milwaukee to Orlando, but never convicted or even found liable in civil suits.

Lather said Barkley is a regular- and valued- customer. He also is an obvious target, especially for the occasional bar patron who has had one too many.

"The MO is Charles Barkley walks into a place and people get snotty with him," Lather said. "I would hate to be Charles. It happens to him a lot." Carol Robinson --

Barkley has been arrested after bar fights from Cleveland to Milwaukee to Orlando, but never convicted or even found liable in civil suits.
I like his court (legal, not B-Ball) record--undefeated--even better. Pretty well shows that he's not the one starting things, ever.

I also would hate to be him. If some idiot isn't trying to prove they're tougher than him, or wanting to fight over some opinion he's expressed in the media, the opportunity to win $$$ from him in a lawsuit probably motivates a few a**holes as well.

The word I got is that a couple bammers recognized him and started throwing food his way. After many requests to them to stop behaving badly, Charles body slammed them to put an end to their rude behavior. The patrons in the place urged Charles to file charges but he refused.

The word I got is that a couple bammers recognized him and started throwing food his way.  After many requests to them to stop behaving badly, Charles body slammed them to put an end to their rude behavior.  The patrons in the place urged Charles to file charges but he refused.

212438[/snapback]

I would not doubt it for one second. Those uaters are REALLY touchy since 11-19-05. I can't imagine WHY. :big:

Archived