Finebaum speaks...

quietfan

Big freakin deal. He always says he isnt trying to dimish what shula did this year...but for his years of BLASTING shula...i think its finebaum trying to save a little face by trying to make a mountain out of one game. He has not been very gracious about admitting this year that Shula has done a good job...because it goes against the crap he's been saying for 2 years.

211442[/snapback]

did you not listen to him before the Iron Bowl or better yet, after the bama/uf game?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tigermike, you have got to be kidding about the schedule poke.

AT south carolina, AT auburn...OOC included Southern Miss and MTSU...i know i know neither can be considered as good as ball st or that joke of a d1-aa school you played.

And if you guys want to downplay our win over UT...thats fine...but you have to down play your wins over bama when they went 4-7 and 6-6. Oh i forgot...do as we say, not as we do.

It's comical that you guys get downright MAD when Alabama fans enjoy any success. I mean its almost like ya'll are saying "how dare they enjoy anything...dont they know they lost 2 games this year?"

bitter bitter bitter

You can poo poo our season as a whole all you want. But we still won 10 games. ANOTHER bowl win to throw on the pile. I guess it does sting a little though. I mean hell ya'll were so busy telling anyone who would listen how AU football was god's gift. Now you've been taken down a peg by the mighty badgers and you gotta live with it for the next 8 months. So what do you do? You try to ride that one iron bowl win as far as itll take you. Just like tuberville has done his whole career at AU.

"We CONSTANTLY mail it in for out of conf games...but but but...we beat bama...so thats all that matters"

Bama had goals this year. Get that signature win. Beat either UT or AU. Win a bunch of games. Win a bowl game. And they did everything they set out to do. We far and away exceeded every possible expectation put out there...and you all want to make it look like we had some horrible season just because we lost to AU.

Big deal guys. We checked a bunch of stuff off the list this year. Dont worry, AU will get checked off the list soon enough. In the meantime we can all enjoy 10 wins, cotton bowl W, great recruiting class, year of bragging rights over UT....Im not greedy...that'll do.

10-2

#8 in the nation

First year removed from probation

Fear the full team of scholarshipped players!

211499[/snapback]

it's that collective attitude among the bama faithful that just screams that you will yet again be letdown-a season padded with wins over nobodies and poor teams

YOU BEAT NO ONE AND YOU GOT WHOOPED BY US

You lose Brodie and your whole defense-we return a QB and HB who had excellent first year debuts and we are deep and experienced everywhere; I think I'll sleep just fine tonight thinking about the Iron Bowl next year, or should I say the next batch of excuses of how on earth bama lost again to Auburn. Fear the Thumb because no matter how you try to spin it, it's coming and you know that it is. And it's going to be in your place-you STILL will not have beaten us at BD-THAT STINGS :huh:

It's funny how you change "expectations" to suit whatever justification you're trying to peddle.

Most of the people I know are Alabama fans. I didn't talk to a single one of them that expected to win 7 games. Or even 8. To a man (and woman) the expectation for this season was nine wins or more. Of course they were counting on a win over Auburn and a split against Tennesse/Florida but the specifics of their pre-season expectations are irrelevant. EVERY bama fan I know would have considered anything short of nine wins an unmitigated failure.

You're getting ridiculous yourself when you attempt to postulate that an Alabama team that beat no-one of consequence on the way to ten wins is in some way superior to a nine-win Auburn team that beat you head to head like a borrowed mule. Wasn't even close.

No offense there bub...but Id say i heard a few more predictions from bama fans than you did this year. I also listened to sports talk radio all summer. And read stuff on the internet. ANd what you are saying is nothing short of insane. 99% of people said 8-9 wins with the hope to win one or maybe two of the big games that included USC, UF, UT, AU...and a MUST win over either UT or AU.

Hell look at the predictions from bama people on this board...nobody was saying 10 wins. or whatever.

Funny that you say we beat no one...since your SOS sucked ass. How many 1-aa teams did we play? I dont remember seeing ball st on our schedule either. I do remember playing UF and UT in our east schedule...compared to UGA (who lost to UF and got pantsed by WVU) and freaking kentucky.

Who did you beat in your bowl game? Howd that Ga Tech game work out for you?

211500[/snapback]

You make some valid points BG...but I doubt anyone but the idiot pollsters really thinks that Bamar is better than AU just because you barely beat Texas Tech and we took the day off against the Cheesers.

28-18...and it wasn't that close...4 straight...you lose 6-7 guys on D this year...my home boy, Prothro, probably won't be back...you'll have an inexperienced, Jon Parker Mellencamp at qb and a bad O line...and we're LOADED...I mean really...you guys have us quakin' in our cleats...NOT!

:au::homer:

Funny that you say we beat no one...since your SOS sucked ass. How many 1-aa teams did we play? I dont remember seeing ball st on our schedule either. I do remember playing UF and UT in our east schedule...compared to UGA (who lost to UF and got pantsed by WVU) and freaking kentucky.

You can't have it both ways. First of all, AU and Uat strength of schedule sucked. Do you think Auburn would've lost to MTSU or SM? Wow, you guys beat UF and UT in the same year, but not that great when you consider the circumstances. Then, you try to belittle the UGA by saying they lost to UF and WVU. Well if you'll remember UGA's qb was hurt for the UF game and since your a bama fan that excuse should suffice. Also against WVU UGA made a game of it, they didn't roll over and die like you guys did against us. Bama had a good season, no doubt, but when you consider UT and UF not being their usual selves this year I believe many people would've predicted Uat to have a 9 win season. So congratulations on your bowl win but I don't know a single bama fan who honestly wouldn't have traded that game for the iron bowl. :D

We should just let the players settle it on the field as to which team is better. Oh yeah, we just did that in November, and the November before that, and the November before that, and the November before that...

Did Alabama have a good season... yes. Did a 10 win year with a loss (that took all of 10 minutes or less) to Auburn leave a bad taste yup. Two families in my sisters neighborhood in Dallas took down their flags within a hour of losing to Auburn. Here in Auburn we didn't see the little Opelika fellows driving around with their Bama flags again until after Auburn loss to Wisconsin.

Noone is saying you can't enjoy your season, because you should. Its the Alabama fans that are claiming polls, and using Wisconsin to try and rationalize themselves better than Auburn that ourselves and Finebaum is getting a kick out of. If the Auburn game meant nothing, then why all the talk about Wisconsin and the polls and why are you over here trying to convince us that it didn't mean a thing? Just walk away if it meant nothing.

Btw, WVU and Georgia (who was missing DJ for the UF game, oh but that only counts for Bama) rank higher than anyone on your schedule in the polls (using the poll logic). And if you wanna take shots about playing against the East. Until last year Auburn is the only team from the west (the new rules took UF off schedule) that played 2 of the big 3 (UF,UT, UGA) every single year since the additions(we kept UF and UGA while Bama kept UT and ohhhhh Vandy as perma opponents). Even this year, guess what... we played the two toughest opponents out of the East.

Personally I think Bama is bitter cause in their best year in many moons they still couldn't beat Auburn, which is why people like you are over here using another team to talk trash and attempting to convince us that the Auburn game means nothing. You do that though, cause considering the number of ties for the West and winning it twice since 2000, its one of the two teams (LSU the other) the road runs through if you want to go to Atlanta.

sadsack14ou.jpg

Yep, Auburn has to hurt for 8 months. How many months has it been since Alabama beat Auburn?

Congrats on the 10-2 season and the Wisconsin victory.  :rolleyes:

211503[/snapback]

Had they beaten Auburn, they would have been 11 - 1. However, that game is unimportant to Alabama fans! ;)

compared to UGA (who lost to UF and got pantsed by WVU) and freaking kentucky.

My guess is pantsed is a word you are trying to use to mean WVU beat us good.

Are you actually trying to belittle AU's win against us? I mean...your kidding, right?

You beat UF...congrats...we beat LSU's ass...whom you lost to at home.

We can play that game too.

As for WVU, we lost by 3 points. If you want to see a complete beatdown of a game, watch the Iron Bowl again.

I have only two questions for uat'rs;

1. Would you swap 10-2 for 9-3, if the 9 included Auburn? OF COURSE YOU WOULD.

2. Would you like to play Auburn again? OF COURSE YOU WOULDN'T.

The state champion in this state is determined by playoff, not pollsters. It's Auburn.

compared to UGA (who lost to UF and got pantsed by WVU) and freaking kentucky.

Are you actually trying to belittle AU's win against us? I mean...your kidding, right?

As for WVU, we lost by 3 points. If you want to see a complete beatdown of a game, watch the Iron Bowl again.

211559[/snapback]

Neither one of you can spell "pasted." :poke:

Tigermike, you have got to be kidding about the schedule poke.

AT south carolina, AT auburn...OOC included Southern Miss and MTSU...i know i know neither can be considered as good as ball st or that joke of a d1-aa school you played.

And if you guys want to downplay our win over UT...thats fine...but you have to down play your wins over bama when they went 4-7 and 6-6. Oh i forgot...do as we say, not as we do.

It's comical that you guys get downright MAD when Alabama fans enjoy any success. I mean its almost like ya'll are saying "how dare they enjoy anything...dont they know they lost 2 games this year?"

bitter bitter bitter

You can poo poo our season as a whole all you want. But we still won 10 games. ANOTHER bowl win to throw on the pile. I guess it does sting a little though. I mean hell ya'll were so busy telling anyone who would listen how AU football was god's gift. Now you've been taken down a peg by the mighty badgers and you gotta live with it for the next 8 months. So what do you do? You try to ride that one iron bowl win as far as itll take you. Just like tuberville has done his whole career at AU.

"We CONSTANTLY mail it in for out of conf games...but but but...we beat bama...so thats all that matters"

Bama had goals this year. Get that signature win. Beat either UT or AU. Win a bunch of games. Win a bowl game. And they did everything they set out to do. We far and away exceeded every possible expectation put out there...and you all want to make it look like we had some horrible season just because we lost to AU.

Big deal guys. We checked a bunch of stuff off the list this year. Dont worry, AU will get checked off the list soon enough. In the meantime we can all enjoy 10 wins, cotton bowl W, great recruiting class, year of bragging rights over UT....Im not greedy...that'll do.

10-2

#8 in the nation

First year removed from probation

Fear the full team of scholarshipped players!

211499[/snapback]

"..we beat bama, that's all that matters."--------BG you are slowly catching on to what we are telling you.

You got bragging rights on UT? Great go to their board and do it. You are confused....you are trying to brag on an Auburn board where you don't have bragging rights. :poke:

211572[/snapback]

Where did I try to?

:lol:

211576[/snapback]

In response to BG, you said "I assume pantsed is a word you are trying to use to mean WV beat us good." Is the word not "pasted."?

211572[/snapback]

Where did I try to?

:lol:

211576[/snapback]

In response to BG, you said "I assume pantsed is a word you are trying to use to mean WV beat us good." Is the word not "pasted."?

211582[/snapback]

"Pantsed" refers to the practice of smeaking up behind someone and yanking their pants down, thus causing embarassment or humiliation for the pantsed.

Oh waah waah...i wasnt dogging UGA i was merely making a point. You sure did beat LSU...and you and AU both mailed it in during the bowl season...one where the SEC needed a strong showing.

Oh waah waah...i wasnt dogging UGA i was merely making a point. You sure did beat LSU...and you and AU both mailed it in during the bowl season...one where the SEC needed a strong showing.

211592[/snapback]

Give it up BG, no matter how hard you try the score is gonna stay 28-18 until we have a new score next November and the thumb goes up :cheer::cheer:

Oh waah waah...i wasnt dogging UGA i was merely making a point.

What was the point?

one where the SEC needed a strong showing.

Why? What was the SEC going to get if we and AU won?

Is that really your argument?

Alabama hadn't won an SEC bowl since 2001 when you beat powerhouse Iowa State in the Independence Bowl 14-13. I think Bama fans should spare us from talking about bowl dominance of late

211582[/snapback]

I have no idea if he was trying to use that word. Since I had no idea what "pantsed" meant I thus said what I did with the intention of it meaning WVU beat us good.

Oh waah waah...i wasnt dogging UGA i was merely making a point.

What was the point?

one where the SEC needed a strong showing.

Why? What was the SEC going to get if we and AU won?

Is that really your argument?

Alabama hadn't won an SEC bowl since 2001 when you beat powerhouse Iowa State in the Independence Bowl 14-13. I think Bama fans should spare us from talking about bowl dominance of late

211604[/snapback]

I agree :cheer:

Wait, did just agree with a dawg? :rolleyes:

I know, I have seen that been said on here several times. I don't agree with it but I can understand it.

The difference between Bama and UGA

1) UGA didn't get blown out by AU

2) UGA won the SEC Championship

I think if Alabama had beaten AU and lost in their bowl game....Alabama fans would be claiming the same thing AND I think that applies to Georgia as well.

I think if anything, we have a somewhat legit claim to maybe having a better season but that is my extremely bias, UGA opinion.

I know, I have seen that been said on here several times. I don't agree with it but I can understand it.

The difference between Bama and UGA

1) UGA didn't get blown out by AU

2) UGA won the SEC Championship

I think if Alabama had beaten AU and lost in their bowl game....Alabama fans would be claiming the same thing AND I think that applies to Georgia as well.

I think if anything, we have a somewhat legit claim to maybe having a better season but that is my extremely bias, UGA opinion.

211612[/snapback]

Let's get this straight, okay?

Auburn had a better season than Alabama because the Tigers won more SEC games and beat the Tahd head to head.

Auburn had a better season than Georgia because the Tigers won more SEC games and beat the Bulldogs head to head.

Auburn had a better season than LSU despite an OT loss head to head because the Tigers (real Tigers, that is) lost fewer SEC games. AU was simply a more dominant team down the stretch. Bowl games aside, that is.

Now. That really isn't so hard to understand, is it?

Auburn had a better season than LSU despite an OT loss head to head because the Tigers (real Tigers, that is) lost fewer SEC games. AU was simply a more dominant team down the stretch. Bowl games aside, that is. 

211616[/snapback]

I'd disagree with that. LSU played one more SEC game total than we did. They beat us head to head. They won the Western division. They destroyed Miami in their bowl game. They had the better season.

Do I think we were playing better in the games that followed the LSU/AU game, yes. But they get the W, the bragging rights, and all we get is the could of's cause we got beat.

Archived