Finebaum speaks...

quietfan

If you ask Georgia fans to rank which of those four games they'd most like to win, my feeling is it would go:

Florida

Auburn

Tennessee

Tech

Right. I guess my point is that UGA really doesn't have one big rival.

After 4 years in Athens, I really learned one thing.

All the older folks think Tech is BAR NONE our #1 rival...more so than any other team by a decent margain.

I would then go with UF, AU, and UT in that order.

But, it seems the 90's crowd hates UF the most...and a mix go with AU/UT but UT really isn't as big a rivalry to be honest

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, to sum it all up, uaters "feel" good about themselves because of a last second field goal to beat TT and AUBURN is the BEST football program in the State by virtue of total DOMINATION over uat in the IB.(Four in a row and the THUMB is on the way!) :au:

I can live with those FACTS. :cheer:

211867[/snapback]

You can marginalize "last second field goal" wins all you want. But a W is a W is a W...and at the end of the season...we had enough "last second field goals" to keep us from having 3 losses.

And id much rather take a last second field goal win over a pounding at the hands of Wisconsin.

What about that HUGE POUNDING at the hands of Coach Tommy Tuberville and his AUBURN TIGERS? :lol::lol::lol:

THAT is what really matters. Run from it if you will, but, THAT is what matters. B)

I am still trying to figure out this quote

and you and AU both mailed it in during the bowl season...one where the SEC needed a strong showing.

A) Why did the SEC need a big showing? Does the SEC get an award for winning a certain amount of games?

B) How is an Alabama fan mocking others for bowl struggles?

Since 1995 - Bowl Wins

Georgia - 7

Auburn - 5

Alabama - 2

If you want to talk about packing it in, look in the mirror.

You are right slink. They forget their pathetic bowl record because it doesn't fit into their arguement. :D

P.S. Bg, I still can't understand WHY you stayed away from this board for a long period of time between the IB and the Bowl games...WHY? :lol::lol::lol::poke:

I am still trying to figure out this quote
and you and AU both mailed it in during the bowl season...one where the SEC needed a strong showing.

A) Why did the SEC need a big showing? Does the SEC get an award for winning a certain amount of games?

B) How is an Alabama fan mocking others for bowl struggles?

Since 1995 - Bowl Wins

Georgia - 7

Auburn - 5

Alabama - 2

If you want to talk about packing it in, look in the mirror.

211893[/snapback]

Thats interesting since we beat Michigan in 1997 in the outback bowl. And its hard to go to a bowl when you arent allowed thanks to probation. So we have 3 since 1995. And convienent that you left out 92 to 95 when we won 4 straight.

Kingfish, we've lost more because we've been to more than anyone else in history. We've also won more as well.

And id much rather take a last second field goal win over a pounding at the hands of Wisconsin.

211886[/snapback]

Yes, Wisconsin was able to do what Bama hasn't been able to do for four years now. Congrats on the Wisconsin victory. Roll Badgers....I guess :blink:

211886[/snapback]

Yes, Wisconsin was able to do what Bama hasn't been able to do for four years now. Congrats on the Wisconsin victory. Roll Badgers....I guess :blink:

211908[/snapback]

:lol::lol: That is what is REALLY sad. uat CAN'T beat AUBURN on the field, Soooo, They are forced to pull for the Badgers. Heck, I guess they are all lsWHO and Tech fans too. :D

Just really sad.

p.s. If uat hadn't been cheatin', probation would not be a problem. ;)

p.s.s. BG, you haven't given an answer as to why you were not around much after the Iron Bowl and before the Bowl games. (That's okay...we all know) :D

p.s.s.s. The THUMB is STILL on the way. Deal with THAT. B):au:

211886[/snapback]

211908[/snapback]

Someone slipped me some bammer kool aid so Texas Tech won over 59 miniutes

of that game. so in reality they won. Auburn beat uat and I was pulling for the Red Raiders. Ole Miss beat uat for about 59 minutes, and Southern Miss gave the game away by helping prothro catch the ball. And it is also true that Tenn

fumbled on purpose because the refs told them to. Man this stuff will mess you up.

It distorts reality so that you believe what you want to believe! Ausome!

There are two sides to every story. The truth and the uat "version". Coming soon to a 7-11 near you! :) (Will Daniel Moore do a painting of the "wounded duck kick"?) :lol::lol::lol:

Someone slipped me some bammer kool aid so Texas Tech won over 59 miniutes

of that game. so in reality they won. Auburn beat uat and I was pulling for the Red Raiders. Ole Miss beat uat for about 59 minutes, and Southern Miss gave the game away by helping prothro catch the ball. And it is also true that  Tenn

fumbled on purpose because the refs told them to. Man this stuff will mess you up.

It distorts reality so that you believe what you want to believe! Ausome!

211914[/snapback]

It's like when Bama Britt said Auburn won the first quarter but Alabama won the last three periods, 18-7. :rolleyes:

Which was only more embarressing to the SEC which makes me point even more.

Interesting...since UGA bid on him too.

Its okay ya'll....

Ive learned my lesson.

You guys think beating bama is more important than anything else. And that you could go 1-10 and us go 10-1...as long as you beat us, you had a better season.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Its okay ya'll....

Ive learned my lesson.

You guys think beating bama is more important than anything else. And that you could go 1-10 and us go 10-1...as long as you beat us, you had a better season.

211937[/snapback]

No one has said that, I don't believe.

Who had the better season? Bama had the better season record, so they say that they did. Auburn had a 9-3 record in which they lost one conference game and was beaten by two teams that they probably should have beaten but didn't, AND they beat their two biggest rivals to close out the regular season.

Crow all you want about having a better season, BG. But Auburn was the better team this year. There is a difference. And it was crystal clear about 4 minutes into the game on November 19th. A bad loss to a Wisconsin team does nothing to erase that.

211937[/snapback]

Who said that? I just think it's funny that you would post a comment about Wisconsin crushing us, when the Iron Bowl was decided by the end of the first period.

For the record, your own QB ( Brodie ) stated that going 10-0 or 9-1 meant nothing if Bama could not beat Auburn. He also said that going 0-10 was okay if Bama beat Auburn. ;)

There it is ladies and gentlemen. Either brodie is a liar or uat did not have as good a season as AU. :lol::lol:

Which is it bg...WHICH is it indeed? :D:au:

BG, comprehension really is difficult for you isn't it??? Its not about having the better season....its about having the better TEAM and being the top program in the STATE...winning FOUR STRAIGHT vs. your top rival proves you have the better TEAM... You keep harping on this better season crap, and thats not what this is about... 10 wins is certainly something to be proud of, and you should be, but with these 10 wins you still FAILED MISERABLY to win the biggest game of the year.. This is not about 10 wins vs. 9 wins...who cares... We lost a ton of talent to the NFL and still won 9 games...and our future looks very bright... Auburn's program is in far better shape for the future than UAT's despite them winning ONE game more than we did this season. Top 10 finish is wonderful, and you should be happy about that considering where UAT football has been in recent years. But the issue is thinking ONE successful season after so many below average seasons, means UAT's program is back to being a superior program, it doesn't. Being ranked higher than your rival is great if thats what you want... Hold onto it for all its worth..but BEATING that rival is what is important, at least in this rivalry..which we all agree is the biggest and best in the country.... And dont' try to tell us that UAT and its fans would rather beat Tennessee than Auburn...we all know that isn't true...

Oh, and on a side note, If you taped the TIGER BOWL game from NOV. 19, 2005 and haven't destroyed it yet, go back and watch it again..... Your NEVER WAS QB was on TV, i believe before the game started, and said himself we can go 1-10 and beat Auburn and we were successful...(I'm paraphrasing here, cause i don't have the tape handy)

I think its great that you look at the positive side of things for your program...10 wins in 2005 is great...top 10 finish is great...enjoy it..you should, but don't do the chest pumping about having a better team than your biggest rival just because you finished ranked higher in the final polls...

Its okay ya'll....

Ive learned my lesson.

211937[/snapback]

No, I just think its more important than Texas Tech. Thats the difference, you beat Texas Tech. Who I don't have much respect for anyway.

Bama won one more game than Auburn, but lost the rivalry game. Having been a athlete, including a year at the collegiate level, that one single win doesn't mean jack when you got a L to the rivals.

Now if Auburn had only won 7 or 6 games then ya, despite the rivalry game the Bama season would be extremely better. But it was only one single game difference. Both teams had very good seasons.

Don't think those rivalry games count, as a Texas fan I can tell you those losses to Oklahoma sure did damage alot of 10 win seasons. I would have traded loses to some ooc opponents to win that game and play for the Big 12 championship.

But, the Cotton Bowl is the most important game, and if you can't get through Auburn and LSU then that might be a good thing, cause thats all Bama is gonna see.

BG-do you feel that bama had a better season than Auburn regardless that one of bama's losses was a domination by their biggest rival? (it is one of the biggest rivalries in sports)

I'd take 9-3 with a domination of bama over 10-2 and dominated by bama personally. It's not just the overall record but the perception of the season-we lost alot and were reloading and bama had a senior laden team that was finally healthy and we still won big. The Iron bowl isn't just another game; I'd say it's worth 2-3 games in the eyes of the state. Bama just didn't lose the game either, they were completely dominanted.

It would be different if we were 7-4 and beat bama who was 11-1; in that case I would say that bama had a better year dispite the lost. But there is only a one game difference and we dominated the Iron bowl. Can you honestly say you are more satisfied with 10-2 including a blowout lost to us than 9-3 including a blowout win versus you.

you can crow all you want to about 10-2 versus 9-3 but all I have to say is:

9small.GIF

We own bragging rights and you have to accept it.

BG, comprehension really is difficult for you isn't it???...

How ironic that you slam me for reading comprehension skills when you are the one who has constantly ignorned what I have posted in this thread...and tried to put words in my mouth.

Never ever ever ever ever ever did I say Alabama was the better TEAM this year. I started this thread by saying Alabama BY FAR exceeded expectations and got BLASTED for it. Its like we went 2-9 or something...its back to that mentality that you guys get downright OFFENDED when we try to enjoy ANYTHING about our program. And honestly, sometimes ya'll sound like a bunch of freaking crybabies.

Bamagrad: "I think we we had a pretty good year in spite of finebaum's constant bashing of our program..."

Generic AU fan (most of you guys in this thread): "Whatever you guys had a crappy schedule...fear the thumb...blah blah blah"

VERY FEW of the responses I have gotten in this thread have anything to do with what I actually posted. They were more a collection of regurgitated crap that you guys had ready on stand by from your big book of bama retorts.

Pcola...why dont you go back and read the first page of this thread where I posted.

and read this one again:

As far as "who's the best program in the state"...While I think we had the overall better season, Id say AU still has to be considered "in better shape". We had a team with a lot of seniors. And we are not yet in the clear in regards to pains felt from probation. I think Bama will have a down year this coming season due to said pains. And get better after that. AU is on more solid footing right now and has stockpiled some good talent over the last few years...as evidenced by the 9 win season in spite of talent loss the year before.

"When THAT happens(AUBURN's total and complete DOMINATION of uat in the IB), it shows you just how far BEHIND another program you really are."- Ringo

bg, you would be well served to listen to the words of your heisman candidate. :D

They were more a collection of regurgitated crap that you guys had ready on stand by from your big book of bama retorts.

EARTH to BamaGrad03, this is an AUBURN FOOTBALL FORUM. There is a good chance that you will see a few pro-Auburn posts sprinkled in with a few anti-Bama posts.

The fact that we have won 4 in a row gives us plenty of bragging rights. :cheer: It's the nature of ANY rivalry, so why would you expect anything less? I think you're an alright guy and your loyalty and knowledge of Alabama football should be commended. I just don't understand how you let some of these threads get to you. You're an Alabama supporter posting on an Auburn Forum. Even though this particular board is more open to other fans, you have to expect that you will be targeted every now and then. :poke: I have no doubt, if I went to ANY Bama board and made a positive post about Auburn football, I would receive some negative responses even if I didn't say ONE negative thing about Alabama. It's the way of life.

Yes, Alabama had a good season. Any team in the SEC with a 10-2 record had a good season. But if you expect to come on an Auburn forum and say that Bama had a better season after we went 9-3 and beat you, you might as well cut yourself and jump into shark infested waters. When you could not get any Auburn fans to agree with your initial post, you resorted to a few suttle flames and sarcastic responses. You have to realize this will only result in more attacks vented towards you. Again, this is an AUBURN FOOTBALL FORUM.

Why is this so hard to understand? :blink:

Well said Stat. The problem is not in the hearing, it is in the will to comprehend. :huh:

Archived