Finebaum speaks...

quietfan

AU fans will tell you they had a better year than UGA because they beat UGA.

211610[/snapback]

Not this fan. Georgia won the SECCG and that's the bottomline.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Auburn had a better season than LSU despite an OT loss head to head because the Tigers (real Tigers, that is) lost fewer SEC games. AU was simply a more dominant team down the stretch. Bowl games aside, that is.

There goes that AU logic again...OOC games dont count when you lose them.

Oh well...at least no I know where you are coming from.

BG, funny that you said that AU mails in games against OOC teams. When was the last time Alabama beat a OOC from a BCS conference? Auburn has lost their fare share of OOC under Tubby, but at least the Tigers beat the UCF's,NIU's, and the LaTech's. And please don't use that USM "rivalry" as a tough OOC game, I mean AU used to play UT-Chatt. all the time and I doubt anybody called that a rivalry. By the way, congrats on 10-2 and winning the Cotton Bowl. Looking forward to the fall already.

You guys can crow all you want about beating us...but given this year's expectations, every single person on this board was dead wrong in their preseason assesment of the tide.

211442[/snapback]

WRONG!!!!! I predicted at least 9 wins for Bama this year and I made a bet with a friend about it and he calls me a Bama fan now.

First of all BG, what are you trying to argue? I think most everyone would agree bama had a good season. Now do you expect us to tell you that you had the better team even though we beat you head to head. I hope not. You also continue to say that UGA rolled over in its bowl game, which is simply not true. The game was close at the end and UGA had an opportunity to win. Auburn had two bad games against OOC opponents and both of them were the result of poor preparation. bama on the other hand had 3 bad games all of them against SEC teams (UT, OM, MSU). You can argue otherwise but when you beat three teams with losing records in the fashion that you did there is no other explanation (unless of course bama is just that bad which aside from the LSU game would seem to be the case. If only you had Prothro....). Again there is not a bama fan I know that wouldn't trade that bowl win for the Iron bowl and you know it!

211610[/snapback]

211621[/snapback]

It's called bait. Why are you guys taking it?

Point being that you can make a case for each of the four teams in question (Alabama, Auburn, LSU or Georgia) having the "better" season. Better is objective.

The question really is "Who would you rather be today?" Auburn? Georgia? LSU? Alabama?

Georgia: Loses Shockley and Pope. Richt is a stabilizing force.

Auburn: Significant losses at LB and OL. Tuberville is a plus.

Alabama: Loses the entire defense -- about the only thing this year's team had going for it.

LSU: Less Miles. Quarterback controversy.

Of the teams listed, I'd only want to be Auburn or Georgia.

Let's put an end to this for poor bg. :D

28-18 :au:

FOUR in a ROW! :au:

WE OWN uat and football in this State. :cheer:

The THUMB is on the way and the FEAR of that THUMB is more than you can take.

There. I hope all of this helps. :lol:

WAR :au: EAGLE ! ! !

Let's put an end to this for poor bg. :D

28-18 :au:

FOUR in a ROW! :au:

WE OWN uat and football in this State. :cheer:

The THUMB is on the way and the FEAR of that THUMB is more than you can take.

There. I hope all of this helps. :lol:

WAR :au: EAGLE ! ! !

211660[/snapback]

Now, now, you know that's irrelevant.

Alabama is better than Auburn because they played Utah State instead of Georgia Tech and Texas Tech instead of Wisconsin. And because they kicked last second field goals to beat the worst Tennessee team in two decades and a three-win Ole Miss squad. Obviously that 10-2 record trumps Auburn's 9-3 despite any smackdown beatings to the contrary. :lol:

211610[/snapback]

211621[/snapback]

It's called bait. Why are you guys taking it?

Point being that you can make a case for each of the four teams in question (Alabama, Auburn, LSU or Georgia) having the "better" season. Better is objective.

The question really is "Who would you rather be today?" Auburn? Georgia? LSU? Alabama?

Georgia: Loses Shockley and Pope. Richt is a stabilizing force.

Auburn: Significant losses at LB and OL. Tuberville is a plus.

Alabama: Loses the entire defense -- about the only thing this year's team had going for it.

LSU: Less Miles. Quarterback controversy.

Of the teams listed, I'd only want to be Auburn or Georgia.

211659[/snapback]

I'd rather be Auburn even if we went 0-11 :cheer:

Auburn had a better season than LSU despite an OT loss head to head because the Tigers (real Tigers, that is) lost fewer SEC games. AU was simply a more dominant team down the stretch. Bowl games aside, that is.

There goes that AU logic again...OOC games dont count when you lose them.

Oh well...at least no I know where you are coming from.

211626[/snapback]

Hmm, how come you didn't qoute what I said and call it AU logic? Where I state LSU had the better season based on multiple items. I go to school at Auburn, I cheer for Auburn, I want mine to be the logic dammit!

Oh oh I know I know! Your grasping for anything to try and prove we are bitter about Alabama having a good season and convincing yourself & others that Auburn means nothing to Alabama.

LSU had the best season because they finished highest in the polls! Just kidding!

Before the season starts your first goal is to win the national championship. If that doesn't happen then your goal is to win the SEC and if that doesn't happen then your third goal is to get into a good bowl and win it. So here's how I would rank the top 4 overall seasons.

#1 UGA won the SEC so they had the best season. Yes, LSU/Bama ended up ranked higher but an SEC Championship takes care of that. Who can argue with that?

#2 LSU got to the Championship game and was embarrassed by GA but more then made up for it with the convincing win against Miami. LSU ended up with the highest ranking in the conference. The only thing better than that is a SEC Championship.

#3 Alabama won their bowl game plus finished ranked higher than AU and UGA but again UGA won the SEC Championship so that takes care of that.

#4 Auburn was embarrassed in their bowl game and finished ranked lower than LSU, Bama, and UGA. AU convincingly beat Bama in the Iron Bowl but remember we are rating who had the best overall season and not who was the better team.

This is just an opinion from an outsider who is not influenced by the importance of the Iron Bowl. Looking in from the outside I have to believe Bama fans think, whether they admit it or not, that AU had the better season since they won the Iron Bowl.

Guest Tigrinum Major
compared to UGA (who lost to UF and got pantsed by WVU) and freaking kentucky.

My guess is pantsed is a word you are trying to use to mean WVU beat us good.

Are you actually trying to belittle AU's win against us? I mean...your kidding, right?

You beat UF...congrats...we beat LSU's ass...whom you lost to at home.

We can play that game too.

As for WVU, we lost by 3 points. If you want to see a complete beatdown of a game, watch the Iron Bowl again.

211559[/snapback]

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to SouthLink02 again."

Oh, wait, we don't have that feature.

LSU had the best season because they finished highest in the polls!  Just kidding!

Before the season starts your first goal is to win the national championship.  If that doesn't happen then your goal is to win the SEC and if that doesn't happen then your third goal is to get into a good bowl and win it.  So here's how I would rank the top 4 overall seasons.

#1 UGA won the SEC so they had the best season.  Yes, LSU/Bama ended up ranked higher but an SEC Championship takes care of that.  Who can argue with that?

#2 LSU got to the Championship game and was embarrassed by GA but more then made up for it with the convincing win against Miami.  LSU ended up with the highest ranking in the conference.  The only thing better than that is a SEC Championship.

#3 Alabama won their bowl game plus finished ranked higher than AU and UGA but again UGA won the SEC Championship so that takes care of that. 

#4 Auburn was embarrassed in their bowl game and finished ranked lower than LSU, Bama, and UGA.  AU convincingly beat Bama in the Iron Bowl but remember we are rating who had the best overall season and not who was the better team. 

This is just an opinion from an outsider who is not influenced by the importance of the Iron Bowl.  Looking in from the outside I have to believe Bama fans think, whether they admit it or not, that AU had the better season since they won the Iron Bowl.

211671[/snapback]

Your opinion is noted. And it's ridiculous.

But thanks for sharing anyway.

LSU had the best season because they finished highest in the polls!  Just kidding!

Before the season starts your first goal is to win the national championship.  If that doesn't happen then your goal is to win the SEC and if that doesn't happen then your third goal is to get into a good bowl and win it.  So here's how I would rank the top 4 overall seasons.

#1 UGA won the SEC so they had the best season.  Yes, LSU/Bama ended up ranked higher but an SEC Championship takes care of that.  Who can argue with that?

#2 LSU got to the Championship game and was embarrassed by GA but more then made up for it with the convincing win against Miami.  LSU ended up with the highest ranking in the conference.  The only thing better than that is a SEC Championship.

#4 Auburn was embarrassed in their bowl game and finished ranked lower than LSU, Bama, and UGA.  AU convincingly beat Bama in the Iron Bowl but remember we are rating who had the best overall season and not who was the better team. 

This is just an opinion from an outsider who is not influenced by the importance of the Iron Bowl.  Looking in from the outside I have to believe Bama fans think, whether they admit it or not, that AU had the better season since they won the Iron Bowl.

211671[/snapback]

I hate to correct you, well not really, AUBURN proved they had a better team than uga or uat. They BEAT them BOTH...on the FIELD. :au::cheer:

Hint: THAT is why they play the games. :lol::lol::lol:

211671[/snapback]

I hate to correct you, well not really, AUBURN proved they had a better team than uga or uat. They BEAT them BOTH...on the FIELD. :au::cheer:

211674[/snapback]

Then I guess Wisconsin, LSU, and Ga Tech had a better season than you.

211671[/snapback]

211674[/snapback]

211686[/snapback]

You're really having comprehension problems aren't you?

I guess that explains the whole BamaGrad thing.

211671[/snapback]

211674[/snapback]

211686[/snapback]

211687[/snapback]

Replace "better team" for "better season", and that's exactly what Tim said. AU had a better team than UGA and Bama because they won on the field, so that means Wisconsin, LSU and Ga Tech had a better team than AU because they beat AU on the field.

Is Tim wrong or right?

Here is why Auburn had a better season than uat in my humble opinion. We beat two top ten teams who happened to be our rivals and only lost one sec game. Obviously the better team doesn't always win, OM could've easily beaten bama. This is what I want to know, sure, bama had a good season but is it just because they won 10 games? Who did they beat? TT, SC, UF. With the circumstances this year 9 regular season wins for a veteran team is not that amazing especially considering that when bama played the best in the SEC West, they lost. So if you honestly think that bama is better than Auburn that is fine, but we won it on the field. It must be awful to have to change the subject to other teams that beat your rival.

Honestly, this thing can be debated until two-a-days start and some people are still not going to agree. This is how I view it.

Bama #3 in SEC west

Bama #8 in AP and coaches final poll.

I can live with that.

Alabama did have a good season, no doubt about it...10 wins is always good...

But, reality set it late in the season....They finished the season with their two toughest games...and they lost both of them....one was close, the other well, it was ugly....Again, not taking away the 10 wins...but the only win of any significance they had was over a Florida team that was terribly inconsistent all season....Last second wins over Ole Miss, and Tennessee(their worst team in years) are wins, but not at all impressive wins.. Once they played teams with an offense and a defense, they were quickly brought back to reality... Their defense was good...no question about it...but Auburn clearly exposed their flaws...then put it on cruise control (which i wish tubs wouldnt do)....Now, with this senior led defense, and a senior QB (that we were told by a certain UAT fan here would be all SEC before he left UAT) they still couldn't stop Auburn or beat Auburn...

Thus, 2006 doesn't look good for the turds...MOST of that defense is GONE...that NEVER WAS QB is GONE....and unfortunately for them, but wonderful for everybody else, Shula is still there.... three factors that dont bode well for UAT's future... THUMB...

211671[/snapback]

211674[/snapback]

211686[/snapback]

211687[/snapback]

Replace "better team" for "better season", and that's exactly what Tim said. AU had a better team than UGA and Bama because they won on the field, so that means Wisconsin, LSU and Ga Tech had a better team than AU because they beat AU on the field.

Is Tim wrong or right?

211688[/snapback]

Do all Bama fans suffer from a comprehension deficiencies?

Looks like the answer is yes.

Replace "bread" with "gravel" and you can make a better road. But your sandwich is going to be a little gritty.

211671[/snapback]

211674[/snapback]

211686[/snapback]

211687[/snapback]

Is Tim wrong or right?

211688[/snapback]

Do all Bama fans suffer from a comprehension deficiencies?

Looks like the answer is yes.

Replace "bread" with "gravel" and you can make a better road. But your sandwich is going to be a little gritty.

211699[/snapback]

So if AU is better than Bama and UGA, because they won on the field, and Wis, LSU and Ga Tech are better than AU because they won on the field, why did you post this?

Surely you can see where the double talk could be confusing.

211671[/snapback]

Your opinion is noted. And it's ridiculous.

But thanks for sharing anyway.

211673[/snapback]

Your complete lack of any substance in responding to my post is what's ridiculous. Try again.

Archived