Joe Whitt moves off the field

eagle76

Just heard on radio that Joe Witt is moving to an admin job and former Tiger James Willis is coming in to coach lb's. Any others hear anything else???

Nope that is correct

Will Muschamp will be the new DC

James Willis will be brought in to coach the LB's

and Joe Whitt will be moved to the admin offices of Tiger's Unlimited.

What does Whitt to the office do for our South Florida recruiting efforts?  He had some great in-roads built over the years.

217655[/snapback]

He owns recruiting in Mobile, too. Not to mention he's put a lot of 'backers in the league. Wow. Did everybody else see this coming? I had no idea.

Muschamp was the Special teams coach at :lsu: Did I read that or not????

Willis is a great hire.

Joe Whitt IS :au: football. He ha been the LB Coach since Dye in 1981. I will miss him and he should take his place in :au: Legend. Well done and War Eagle to Coach Whitt!

:hail::hail::hail:

I may miss this one entirely, but I'd be willing to bet that any move concerning Joe Whitt was done on HIS terms. As has been stated here before, he has been here for 24 years and commands a great deal of respect from everyone associated with the program.

I'm sure he will still be a part of what is going on. You can bet that the relationships he has made over the years will be perserved for the next coach.

God bless you Coach Whitt! Thanks for 24 years of great football

Coach Whitt has immeasurable respect from the fanbase. Auburn can only benefit from his continuation on the Plains.

WDE!

Coach Whitt needs something named after him. And a stone downtown on the Tiger Trail. One hell of a man and great guy.

:au:

Isn't Tigers Unlimited a private foundation and not a state-paid agency or official part of the Auburn University state budget? (Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think that's the way fundraising foundations are at most schools.) If so, then Coach Whitt can probably do like many people do in this state--start drawing his 25-year state pension while working full-time in the private sector. Makes a lot of financial sense.

In any case, the Mobile Register reports that the move was voluntary on Whitt's part:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/mobilereg...ll=3&thispage=2

Now he will move to a fund-raising, development and outreach role for the department, a move that both Whitt and Tuberville insist was voluntary.
I'm just glad that Coach Whitt will remain a part of the Auburn family, although I'm also sure that his blue-and-orange Auburn blood wouldn't have it any other way.

War Eagle, Coach Whitt! :au::cheer:

Archived