The Superbowl was lost

GalensGhost

When the teams came on the field, did anyone else notice the difference?

Seattle came on to "Bittersweet Symphony" by The Verve. Very melodious. :rolleyes:

Pittsburgh came out to some crunching rock.

It was over.

I didn't even turn the TV over to ABC until 5:20 CST...

But, since I now know that bit of info, I'll add this as a postscript: The Verve had to forfeit the rights to "Bittersweet Symphony" (which is a fine song, btw) because it contained an unauthorized sample from a song by...tonight's halftime entertainment, The Rolling Stones.

Anyone else notice that all the ads were mostly the regular old crap. What happened to all the good ol' super bowl ads of old? THat is always supposed to be half the fun.

Anyone else notice that all the ads were mostly the regular old crap. What happened to all the good ol' super bowl ads of old? THat is always supposed to be half the fun.

218161[/snapback]

I thought the Michelob Ultra Dark ad was hillarious. That guy just leveled that girl.

Based on what I saw tonight...with about 100 others...you are right this game was decided before kickoff---for Pittsburgh. We can start with the controversial offensive PI vs D Jackson in Q1 all the way to the phantom offensive holding call during J Stevens catch at the PIT 2 yd line that cancelled that catch...or every other interesting call that occured when Seattle did anything of consequence on offense. Oh let's not forget the "tackling below the waist call" against Hasselback on the INT return in Q4 (after the aforementioned phantom holding call) that tacked on 10 yds at the end of the return. and so on...that was one seriously biased officated football game...and for it to have been the Super Bowl is downright criminal.

The name of the beer is Michelob amber not dark!

quote=WeagleDMS,Feb 6 2006, 12:52 AM]

218161[/snapback]

I thought the Michelob Ultra Dark ad was hillarious. That guy just leveled that girl.

218165[/snapback]

218161[/snapback]

after all of the fallout over the "wardrobe malfunction", the NFL cracked down on what commercials would be allowed during the super bowl and their content. while at first they were allowing some of the erectile dysfunction pill commercials, they decided to ban those too. also, they decided that MTV (who sponsored the show with the malfunction) would never be allowed to coordinate or participate in a super bowl halftime show again. the nfl also refunded AOL (another sponsor who paid basically only to have their name all over the game) $10 million. when i read the story in the paper i figured we would be in for some crappy commercials.

That Sprint commercial was hilarious.

"My phone has this.."

"Well, my phone has that..."

"My phone has a security system."

"A security system?"

"Yeah, try and grab my wallet."

"Um ok.... GIMME YOUR WA...."

WHAM, right in the face.

"Man, I'm gonna file a grievance..."

WHAM, right in the face again.

That was funny.

Ghot is right. This one was OVER before the coin toss. After all, this IS the "YEAR OF THE THUMB" ! ! ! :au::cheer:

Based on what I saw tonight...with about 100 others...you are right this game was decided before kickoff---for Pittsburgh.  We can start with the controversial offensive PI vs D Jackson in Q1 all the way to the phantom offensive holding call during J Stevens catch at the PIT 2 yd line that cancelled that catch...or every other interesting call that occured when Seattle did anything of consequence on offense.  Oh let's not forget the "tackling below the waist call" against Hasselback on the INT return in Q4 (after the aforementioned phantom holding call) that tacked on 10 yds at the end of the return.  and so on...that was one seriously biased officated football game...and for it to have been the Super Bowl is downright criminal.

218168[/snapback]

AMEN! I have seen every Super Bowl...some in which the officiating was dubious...but this is the first I've EVER seen that I thought was FIXED. And I think it was....

:au::homer:

Archived