Muschamp did infact control the whole defense

vatz22au

Hate to prove the LSWho's wrong.....but a quote taken from a nice read in the Huntsville Times:

Muschamp chuckles at the widespread notion that he was defensive coordinator in name only, that it was actually Saban who ran the defenses at LSU and later at Miami.

"I called all the defenses and did all the game plans," Muschamp said. "He was very aware of what we were doing defensively, just like Coach Tuberville is going to be aware."

link

So no need to worry, he really was the brains behind the man B)

The same article says:

"They've lost (three) games in two years," Muschamp said. "After being here a short time, I understand why. They do things in a first-class manner."

As Muschamp left Miami, his family in tow, Saban said Auburn got one of the brightest coaches in the business.

"He is probably ready to be a head coach," Saban said. "He is very bright. He has good instincts and players respond to him in a positive way."

Already, Muschamp's wife, Carol, and their two sons - Jackson, 4, and Whit, 7 months - are in Auburn. They're living in a condo until they can find a house to buy.

Muschamp, who went to Georgia as a walk-on and became a four-year letterman as a defensive back from 1991-94, is from Rome. His wife is from Thomaston, Ga., and her parents still live there. His parents are retired and live in Mentone, Ala.

"It's about family," Muschamp said. "That's No. 1."

I'm sure he will be attractive as a head coach to many people. But if family really is #1 and his parents and in-laws are that close, maybe it will at least be harder for distant (West Coast, midwest, northern) school to steal him from us right away.

Archived