My Cindy Sheehan Moment

Tigermike

prc060216.gif

My Cindy Sheehan Moment

Cindy Sheehan came to the friendly confines of Evanston on Saturday night, speaking to a crowd of more than 400 peace activists at the Lake Street Church. Here is a report from the Northwestern University paper. And here are a couple of things that took place which you won't find in the report:

- Juan Torres, fellow anti-war activist whose soldier son died in Afghanistan, began his speech by drawing an analogy between America and the military junta in Argentina (where he emigrated from) in the 1970's, saying that the two were similar because "the military ran everything."

- Sheehan got the biggest applause of the night when she called George Bush "irresponsible, ignorant, arrogant, and callous" and also when she said we need to get our "war profiteers" out of Iraq.

- Sheehan told the crowd that when John Kerry's personal cell phone rings, it plays Hail to the Chief.  But, Sheehan said, the left won't support anyone who has supported the war for so long. She mentioned Russ Feingold as someone who had been "good" on the war and the crowd responded approvingly.

- Sheehan mentioned at the end of the speech that she's been nominated for this year's Nobel Peace Prize.

link

Apparently all you have to do is spew leftist crap and appear to be insane most of the time. I guess it improves your chances if your family now disavows what you say too.

When no one notices the things you do and no one else shares you views, get nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. It's sure to attract some attention.

Dang, JJ. Just reading the thread topic, I thought you went and met with a South American dictator and then crapped on a soldiers grave! :big:

Dang, JJ. Just reading the thread topic, I thought you went and met with a South American dictator and then crapped on a soldiers grave!  :big:

221100[/snapback]

All because I am not imaginative enough to come up with something original. :big:

I did date a woman from Venezuela for a while. B)

Archived