How many more years does he have??

AUesquire

Last night, I was watching OU/OSU play basketball and it got me thinking about a thread we did a while back. It was senior night at OU and one of the seniors was Kevin(I think) Bookout. I'm sorry, but this guy was a senior back in 1996. How long can you stay in school and play ball?

Who are some guys that were at their respective schools for at least 8 years?

Ed Scissum(Bless his heart :big: ) played for Bama from 88' through 2001.

Demeco Ryans was a sophomore when Bama came to Auburn for the first time in 1989.

Daniel Cobb seemed like he was....wait...he actually WAS here for 12 years. :D

Some don't remember this, but a guy named Carlos Huerta kicked for Miami during 3 different decades.

In basketball, "The Governor", Franklin Williams had 3 really strong senior years for Auburn.

Is it an NCAA violation for the coaches at LSU to give Alley Broussard a ride from the nursing home to practice everyday? Just curious.

Any others???? Feel free to pine-o.

Paul Ott Carruth played @ uat from bahr's early days until '99. :angry:

My wife swears that Demarco McNeil was @ AU for 12 years. :blink:

Courtney Taylor is entering his third senior season on The Plains. :D

rex robinson was the kicker @ uga from the early seventies until they signed kevin butler in the 80's. i think butler was still on scholarship for the dawgs when he kicked for da bears in the super bowl.

johnny musso stayed @ uat from the time i could walk until well after i got my drivers license.

that 8' tall qb played at arkansas thru med and law school.

James White and Adam Boone (even with their transfers) have been playing CBB since the mid-80's IIRC. Chris Duhon also played in about 7 NCAA tournaments unless I'm mistaken.

Ahmad Brooks once laid out Tiki Barber at practice and he still has one year of eligibility left.

I think we all heard the David Greene and Pollack stories for at least 8 consecutive years.

... I think we all heard the David Greene and Pollack stories for at least 8 consecutive years.

222597[/snapback]

Not that there's anything wrong with that ... :big:

I'm sure glad Heisman Trophy winner Mattcarson Palmerleinart is finally gone from the college football scene. Who will be the first sportswriter to use the term 'Booty Call' in a column for the next SC signal caller, John David Booty?

Tony Bua is one of the dirtiest players I've ever seen play the game

222572[/snapback]

Then you weren't at the Sugar Bowl (VA Tech), or the GA Tech game. ;)

:au::homer:

Cox will break a new record, he will be a junior, and he is only one year younger then me

The Tony Bua reference was dead on. That guy was paying child support as a Junior for a 15 year old he fathered as a freshman.

Has Florida ever had a wide receiver group that DIDN'T have someone named Jackson?

I seem to remember Freddie Kitchens throwing for 300+ against Auburn for 7 or 8 years straight.

I was also saddened to see that Daniel Cobb wasn't granted his 23rd year of eligibility last month...

I saw a picture from the leather helmet, no facemask days of Tre Smith's sophomore year.

Alabama has a player named Cornelius every year, the last name changes, but I swear it's the same player.

Matt Jones delivered me at halftime of a game his freshman year, it was the best 28th birthday present ever when he graduated.

DJ Shockley was QB on the scout team handing off to a young Herschel Walker.

Didn't Skyler Green have the fastest 40 time of the whole 1984 signing class?

And wasn't Jason Allen steamrolled by Brent Fullwood too? I think there's a print of that in Tiger Pride stores...

Archived