Todays Scrimage

oviedotiger

Hey i was just wondering if anyone went to todays scrimage, if so could you please let us know how it went who did good etc.... thanks alot and War Eagle

223293[/snapback]

I heard Auburn won? :big:

Here is the report form the :au: website. Sounds like everyone was pretty up-beat. It will be interesting to see how things go when we start using more of a balnced offense.

LINK

Looking forward to watching Ben Tate over the next 4-5 years. I get the feeling that Mr. Tate will not RS this season.

Looking forward to watching Ben Tate over the next 4-5 years. I get the feeling that Mr. Tate will not RS this season.

223299[/snapback]

Tuberville said at his recruting press conf. that Tate would be on he field in 2006

Tuberville said at his recruting press conf. that Tate would be on he field in 2006

223301[/snapback]

Yesterday, Borges said that Tate is even better than they intially thought. :o

223301[/snapback]

Yesterday, Borges said that Tate is even better than they intially thought. :o

223318[/snapback]

Tate seems like a ridiculous talent, comes in early and has a great first scrimmage. What I'm most surprised about was the fact that he came in at almost 215lbs, after being listed around 205lbs by recruiting sites.

If we get Caleb King than the NCAA better watch out.

Best case scenario... Caleb King says, "I want to compete with Tate for 4 years. This will improve my skills, ability and team attitude making me a top draft choice ala Carnell Williams & Ronie Brown..

Worst case, he says, I'll go to UGA, easily beat the clowns they have at RB and compete against Tate for 4 years...

I'm thinking an RB combo of Lester/Tate/King will have us in the BCS for the next couple years!!!

Best case scenario... Caleb King says, "I want to compete with Tate for 4 years. This will improve my skills, ability and team attitude making me a top draft choice ala Carnell Williams & Ronie Brown..

Worst case, he says, I'll go to UGA, easily beat the clowns they have at RB and compete against Tate for 4 years...

I'm thinking an RB combo of Lester/Tate/King will have us in the BCS for the next couple years!!!

223321[/snapback]

can someone give us some info on King. I'm not familiar with him. We all know what lester can do, and TATE has to be a very special talent if he's gonna come in to Auburn with the talent we have and get on the field as a freshman.

223321[/snapback]

can someone give us some info on King. I'm not familiar with him. We all know what lester can do, and TATE has to be a very special talent if he's gonna come in to Auburn with the talent we have and get on the field as a freshman.

223358[/snapback]

He is from the same high school as Brad Lester. A program that won 3 straight state championships from around 2000-2003 in the states largest classification. They are always in the hunt so he is going up against pretty stiff compitition every week.

His junior year stats are

Att Yards Avg Td's

346 2,768 8.0 19

I saw him play his sophomore year against my old high school in the state semi-finals and he was the only reason they won. He broke two runs over 60 yards in the first half.

Has an offer from nearly every school in the southeast including Auburn, Georgia, Florida, LSU, etc.

Word is Auburn and Georgia are his top 2 at the moment, with most people saying Auburn has the slight edge right now. I think having Lester on our team and him playing well helps us.

223321[/snapback]

223358[/snapback]

Caleb King: Probably the best RB out of GA in this year's class, almost sure-fire 5 star prospect unless he has a pretty bad down year. Goes to the same HS that Lester went to and they are appearently good friends (helps us). Pretty much dominated last year playing against the top talent in the state of GA. Won MVP of the US Army All-American Combine

Archived