Who has a real shot

AWK

I wouldnt want to play them.

228035[/snapback]

Why not? Are you a Bama fan not confident of beating WVA? You better keep that quiet or they will kick you out of the Red Elephants.

On second thought, a fan of any of the big seven SEC teams (Auburn, Alabama, LSU, UGA, Florida, Tennessee and Arkansas) should never worry about playing West Virginia.

Say anything like that again and you're banned and reported to all Bama message boards.

228038[/snapback]

You need to take Arkansas out of the big 7, and just keep it as the Big 6 of the SEC cause those are the only teams that have won SEC championships since the division split in '92.

228121[/snapback]

..also the only six that have gotten serious MNC talk since the SEC expanded.

I'd put the 'Hogs into more of the Ole Miss/South Carolina style bracket: dangerous some years, but really more like spoilers than contenders.

I wouldnt want to play them.

228035[/snapback]

Why not? Are you a Bama fan not confident of beating WVA? You better keep that quiet or they will kick you out of the Red Elephants.

On second thought, a fan of any of the big seven SEC teams (Auburn, Alabama, LSU, UGA, Florida, Tennessee and Arkansas) should never worry about playing West Virginia.

Say anything like that again and you're banned and reported to all Bama message boards.

228038[/snapback]

Im not saying that Bama, or anyone else in the SEC coundnt beat WVU. But it would be a dog fight, they are a good ball team. I think this year they will lose one or two and be in the BCS once agian. IMO they have a pretty good team. What will hurt them is a low preseason rank.....i think its something like 12.

THey will have a target on their back just like AU does.  That happens with success.  Bottom line is WVU will be a contender just as much as AU and LSU.  Here are my schools to watch.....no particular order

SEC

Auburn - SEC Champ

LSU

Florida

ACC

FSU - ACC Champ

Miami

Big Ten

OSU - Big 11 champ

Michigan

Big East

L'ville

WVU - Big East Champ

Pac10

either Oregon school - one of these is P10 Champ

WSU - I think they are going to be better than AU folks want to admit and I am by no means saying they will be in the NC hunt

Cal

USC - probably top 15, but lack of experience will hurt I think, talent is there.

228061[/snapback]

I agree with that........almost......i think the SEC will beat each other up this year and have a champion with 2 loses. Or then agian, AU has a very good home schedule. I can see them rolling into the SECCG without a loss. I think OSU will win the NC this year, I think they have to much coming back not to think so.

THey will have a target on their back just like AU does.  That happens with success.  Bottom line is WVU will be a contender just as much as AU and LSU.  Here are my schools to watch.....no particular order

SEC

Auburn - SEC Champ

LSU

Florida

ACC

FSU - ACC Champ

Miami

Big Ten

OSU - Big 11 champ

Michigan

Big East

L'ville

WVU - Big East Champ

Pac10

WSU - I think they are going to be better than AU folks want to admit and I am by no means saying they will be in the NC hunt

Cal

USC - probably top 15, but lack of experience will hurt I think, talent is there.

228061[/snapback]

I agree with that........almost......i think the SEC will beat each other up this year and have a champion with 2 loses. Or then agian, AU has a very good home schedule. I can see them rolling into the SECCG without a loss. I think OSU will win the NC this year, I think they have to much coming back not to think so.

228254[/snapback]

Ohio State lost 9 of 11 on their starting defense this year, I really think that will kill their national Championship hopes. Jim Tressel wins games with his defense, therefore I could see them with a loss or two.

SEC

Auburn - SEC Champ

LSU

Florida

ACC

FSU - ACC Champ

Miami

Big Ten

OSU - Big 11 champ

Michigan

Big East

L'ville

WVU - Big East Champ

Pac10

Cal

228061[/snapback]

228254[/snapback]

Ohio State lost 9 of 11 on their starting defense this year, I really think that will kill their national Championship hopes. Jim Tressel wins games with his defense, therefore I could see them with a loss or two.

228265[/snapback]

i dont know maybe so, i was thinking that they still had a lot coming back on D also.

They caught Georgia with their pants down, Along with Wisconsin and Auburn. If they were in the SEC they would lose at least 4 games, And IMO opinion, that target will be enough for at least Two loses.

228049[/snapback]

Agree.

Listen, WVU beat us...they BEAT OUR ASS that night. They were the BETTER TEAM. They deserved the win because they got prepared and beat us to the ground

But, I don't think WVU was a great team...I think anyone that watched the LSU/UGA game and than the WVU/UGA game saw a different team that night.

Then again, that goes back to the coaches who got lazy as usual with other big games and fell apart.

Go figure, seems like we were playing UF that night

I like West Virginia also, Texas will be good even after losing VY, USC will be good even with all there losses they have been in the top 5 of recuiting for several years, they have 2 top Qb's going after the job John David Booty and Marc Sanchez both were top 5 recruits. Florida and Lsu will both be good next year but I really like Auburn's chances  :big:

227985[/snapback]

Actually, Booty will be the starter out there - if for no other reason than the center refuses to allow Sanchez to take a direct snap for fear of getting the "dirty" :big:

Archived