Who has a real shot

AWK

Well, Since Wednesdays are no fun, I thought I'd throw this little nugget out there, pretty interesting

CFN's top 25 teams based on their chances of getting to the BCS national title game

Talent and returning players have a lot to do with it, but it's mostly about the schedules, the road trips, the timing of the big games, and how much a team might have to climb in the rankings. This isn't a ranking of the best teams going into the year, it's a ranking of who has the best shot to play for the title.

1. USC

2. Texas

3. Louisville

4. Auburn

5. Notre Dame

6. Ohio State

7. Miami

8. Oklahoma

9. LSU

10. Virginia Tech

11. Florida State

12. West Virginia

13.Florida

14. Georgia

15. Nebraska

16. Tennessee

17. Iowa

18. California

19. Wisconsin

20. Michigan

21. Penn State

22. Oregon

23. Arizona State

24. Alabama

25. Texas Tech

And this is what they had to say about Auburn...

Auburn  Money line to win the national title: +1800

What are the real chances to play for the national title? Strong. The Tigers get LSU, Florida and Georgia at home, while the toughest road game is at South Carolina before the season finale at Alabama. The combination of Kenny Irons and the running game, the defense, and the fantastic special teams will keep Auburn in the hunt.

Interesting Stuff, discuss amongst yourselves :)

Hump Day

Look what they said about uat:

Alabama Money line to win the national title: +5500

What are the real chances to play for the national title? Slim to none. The Tide won't win at Florida, at Tennessee and at LSU. However, there are enough cream-puffs to fatten up on to expect a gaudy record

LMAO at the creampuffs/gaudy record remark. bammie fans aren't getting quite the "national respect" they crave now, are they? :thumbsup:

What are the real chances to play for the national title? Slim to none. The Tide won't win at Florida, at Tennessee and at LSU. However, there are enough cream-puffs to fatten up on to expect a gaudy record

LMAO at the creampuffs/gaudy record remark. bammie fans aren't getting quite the "national respect" they crave now, are they? :thumbsup:

227816[/snapback]

Their BACK!

227816[/snapback]

Their BACK!

227820[/snapback]

They won their bowl game and had a 10 win season!

227816[/snapback]

Their BACK!

227820[/snapback]

They won their bowl game and had a 10 win season!

227824[/snapback]

And we all know that is the MOST important thing...surely not winning the Iron Bowl.

I really like OSU and possibly F$U to have a chance as well as the Auburn/LSU winner. I just don't think the U will have an easy time with a new offense and they lost a lot of talent last year. I think that if the F$U OL gels this year (they have a few JUCO guys that are expected to help) then they should go a long way.

The winner of the Louisville/WVU game should have the inside track at getting into the BCS and if that winner beats everybody else on their schedule convincingly, they will have an outside shot at the MNC game warranted or not. I don't like the idea, but it is possible.

As for the Troyans...I don't buy into the media hype machine just yet for 2006. They lost a lot of talent, but more importantly a lot of leadership and chemistry. I see them losing 1 or 2 games this year minimum.

I don't think Tejas has that great a shot either. Anyone who knows anything about football could see that they were a 1 man show last year on offense. While Chizik will have the D playing great again, I don't see them running the table this year either.

Looking at the big picture, this could be the year that we have a gaggle of 1 loss teams all vying for the 2 MNC spots.

I'm not trying to be a corndog, but it is ridiculous that Miami is ranked ahead of LSU....Miami doesn't the 40-3 whipping mean anything? miami has to get a new QB or go with the guy that got killed by LSU last year....they also have a bunch of new coaches...I don't see them getting to the national championship game as VT and FSU are extremely tough games every year and the GT's and UNC's and UVA's of the ACC are bound to beat them at least once...

uat NOT in the hunt for their #5693,000 MNC?

Oh well, maybe UAB or uag(gadsden) can pull 'em through ! ! ! :lol::lol::lol:

Oh well, maybe UAB or  uag(gadsden) can pull 'em through ! ! !  :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

227856[/snapback]

What about UAH?

Oh well, maybe UAB or  uag(gadsden) can pull 'em through ! ! !  :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

227856[/snapback]

What about UAH?

227857[/snapback]

The Chargers don't have a football team but they play some mean ice hockey.

... They won their bowl game and had a 10 win season!

227824[/snapback]

... and finished the season firmly in possession of 4th place in the SEC. Apparently, last year's schedule was full of creampuffs too.

other than  :au: , i like miami and florida state.  i totally disagree with USC and Louisville.

227826[/snapback]

As long as the "Big"??? East has its automatic BCS berth, it will inflate the impression of their actual schedule strengths. If Louisville were in the MAC, WAC, or Conference USA with the same team and schedule, they wouldn't be getting this love.

I also have a hard time seeing USC at #1 after what they graduated, but the media has had its collective head up their A$# for so long that it automatically forces the Trojans up on tiptoes in the polls.

I'm not trying to be a corndog, but it is ridiculous that Miami is ranked ahead of LSU....Miami  doesn't the 40-3 whipping mean anything? miami has to get a new QB or go with the guy that got killed by LSU last year....they also have a bunch of new coaches...I don't see them getting to the national championship game as VT and FSU are extremely tough games every year and the GT's and UNC's and UVA's of the ACC are bound to beat them at least once...

227843[/snapback]

I agree, I can see LSU above Miami with no problem...it's almost become as if playing in the SEC hurts a school's reputation. It's like the sportswriters respect you more if you don't play in the toughest conference in the nation.

I'm not trying to be a corndog, but it is ridiculous that Miami is ranked ahead of LSU....Miami  doesn't the 40-3 whipping mean anything? miami has to get a new QB or go with the guy that got killed by LSU last year....they also have a bunch of new coaches...I don't see them getting to the national championship game as VT and FSU are extremely tough games every year and the GT's and UNC's and UVA's of the ACC are bound to beat them at least once...

227843[/snapback]

Yeah I would say LSU got slighted on that one, the only thing that I could see is they are thinking with the replacing they have to do along both lines, it will hurt them some at the first of the season. Still LSU should be scary good again this year the winner of :lsu: @ :au: has an inside track at the title game for sure.

I like West Virginia also, Texas will be good even after losing VY, USC will be good even with all there losses they have been in the top 5 of recuiting for several years, they have 2 top Qb's going after the job John David Booty and Marc Sanchez both were top 5 recruits. Florida and Lsu will both be good next year but I really like Auburn's chances :big:

I know its a long shot, but I think WVU is a pretty solid team. Their schedule will hurt them a bit though.

227984[/snapback]

How many times must I tell you people. WVU = Overated = Iowa 2005

I know its a long shot, but I think WVU is a pretty solid team. Their schedule will hurt them a bit though.

227984[/snapback]

228024[/snapback]

They beat UGA in their bowl game, I dont think they are that over rated. I wouldnt want to play them.

227984[/snapback]

228024[/snapback]

They beat UGA in there bowl game, I dont think they are that over rated. I wouldnt want to play them.

228035[/snapback]

They were good last year, no doubt. Now; however, they have a target on their backs in the Big Least. Louisville and possibly USF beat them this year IMO. I really think UL will be in the BCS this year. Whether or not it is the MNC depends on several other things.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I wouldnt want to play them.

228035[/snapback]

Why not? Are you a Bama fan not confident of beating WVA? You better keep that quiet or they will kick you out of the Red Elephants.

On second thought, a fan of any of the big seven SEC teams (Auburn, Alabama, LSU, UGA, Florida, Tennessee and Arkansas) should never worry about playing West Virginia.

Say anything like that again and you're banned and reported to all Bama message boards.

228035[/snapback]

Why not? Are you a Bama fan not confident of beating WVA? You better keep that quiet or they will kick you out of the Red Elephants.

On second thought, a fan of any of the big seven SEC teams (Auburn, Alabama, LSU, UGA, Florida, Tennessee and Arkansas) should never worry about playing West Virginia.

Say anything like that again and you're banned and reported to all Bama message boards.

228038[/snapback]

They caught Georgia with their pants down, Along with Wisconsin and Auburn. If they were in the SEC they would lose at least 4 games, And IMO opinion, that target will be enough for at least Two loses.

THey will have a target on their back just like AU does. That happens with success. Bottom line is WVU will be a contender just as much as AU and LSU. Here are my schools to watch.....no particular order

SEC

Auburn - SEC Champ

LSU

Florida

ACC

FSU - ACC Champ

Miami

Big Ten

OSU - Big 11 champ

Michigan

Big East

L'ville

WVU - Big East Champ

Pac10

either Oregon school - one of these is P10 Champ

WSU - I think they are going to be better than AU folks want to admit and I am by no means saying they will be in the NC hunt

Cal

USC - probably top 15, but lack of experience will hurt I think, talent is there.

speaking of wvu, their 2 best offensive players were freshmen last season, so if they hang around, they'll be juniors then seniors when the moutianeers roll onto our schedule in 2007-8. imo that's going to be a tough home and home for us.

You are right. I will admit that I rahter like a "tougher" out of Conf. schedule. It helps with rankings. It also helps with filling up JHS.

228035[/snapback]

228038[/snapback]

You need to take Arkansas out of the big 7, and just keep it as the Big 6 of the SEC cause those are the only teams that have won SEC championships since the division split in '92.

Archived