Idol star sticks it to Finescum

ValleyTiger

I guess you learn something everyday. Forgive me for my ignorance, but I did not know that Jimmy Buffet went to Auburn.

I guess you learn something everyday. Forgive me for my ignorance, but I did not know that Jimmy Buffet went to Auburn.

for a like a quarter but he failed out or was kicked out one of the two and he went to southern miss.

buffett grew up in the mobile area. went to auburn about three quarters. pledged a frat. watched a guy playing the guitar and attracting girls doing it. thought he should learn to play after that. transferred to sourthern miss. started playing bars in new orleans on weekends while in school. the rest is history...

This is the very end of a 3 page article....where the funny exchange is.

So back to the question about Taylor Hicks' affinity for college football and which is his favorite team -- Auburn or Alabama. It's often said in Alabama you have to choose between the Tide and Tigers in the baby crib or sometime shortly thereafter.

I posed this as directly as possible the other day, using all of the skills of a somewhat seasoned journalist. I left one of America's hottest television stars no way out, no wiggle room at all. I figured if he could deal with Simon Cowell's barbed-wire barbs every Tuesday night, why not mine?

So Taylor Hicks, American Idol bigshot, what's it going to be: Auburn or Alabama?

"When you answer that question, I'll answer that," Taylor said with a laugh. "When you answer it man, I'll be right there behind you."

Score this one: American Idol star 1, sports columnist 0. Let's all hope his winning streak continues tonight on the show.

So back to the question about Taylor Hicks' affinity for college football and which is his favorite team -- Auburn or Alabama. It's often said in Alabama you have to choose between the Tide and Tigers in the baby crib or sometime shortly thereafter.

I posed this as directly as possible the other day, using all of the skills of a somewhat seasoned journalist. I left one of America's hottest television stars no way out, no wiggle room at all. I figured if he could deal with Simon Cowell's barbed-wire barbs every Tuesday night, why not mine?

So Taylor Hicks, American Idol bigshot, what's it going to be: Auburn or Alabama?

"When you answer that question, I'll answer that," Taylor said with a laugh. "When you answer it man, I'll be right there behind you."

Score this one: American Idol star 1, sports columnist 0. Let's all hope his winning streak continues tonight on the show.

LOL

I know for a fact he's an Auburn fan. It is a good idea for him not to mention yet though. Bammers are stupid stupid people, and will not vote for him simply based on that fact alone. After all, these are the people who threatened Tim Hawthorne's father's state farm insurance salesman career. :rolleyes:

However, when all the voting is over, I hope he gets on TV sporting an AU hat or something.

I was raised a Florida fan by my parents, growing up in Montgomery; but I became an Auburn man the day I walked on campus. Any normal human being, no matter how much they have been brainwashed by their parents, even obnoxious 'Bama fans, is going to figure out in a few days what a special place Auburn is, and become a lifetime supporter.

Now hopefully, if Jenny believes Taylor is an Auburn man, she will stop voting for Bucky!!!!

I was raised a Florida fan by my parents, growing up in Montgomery; but I became an Auburn man the day I walked on campus.  Any normal human being, no matter how much they have been brainwashed by their parents, even obnoxious 'Bama fans, is going to figure out in a few days what a special place Auburn is, and become a lifetime supporter.

Now hopefully, if Jenny believes Taylor is an Auburn man, she will stop voting for Bucky!!!!

230238[/snapback]

Ditto!

Taylor Hicks went to school at AU I think. If I remember right he was a Sigma Chi, but don't quote me on any of this.

Well...the school at Auburn part...I'm fairly certain of that.

Archived