SI's Mandel gives first power rankings

WeagleDMS

The annual slobbering over LSU has commenced.

Not sold.  Less (not more) Miles will prove to be a Curry, DiNardo, Shula.

232373[/snapback]

As an LSU fan I certainly hope that's not the case. However, I think the verdict is still out on Less. His first year was a good year considering what he faced with Katrina. However, it could of easily been a bad year if some of those close games would have gone the other way. If it wasn't for the Miami game I think many LSU fans would be down on Less. I think this year will give us a better barometer of his coaching abilities with the tough road schedule we have and hopefully no natural catastrophes hitting the area.

232453[/snapback]

It amazes me how little some people pay little or no attention to schedule, including the so-called "experts," many of whom seem to have already conceded LSU the SEC title. Anyone can see that LSU is loaded with talent, but I wonder how much consideration even the "experts" gave to the fact that it has to go through Auburn, Gainesville, Knoxville and Fayetteville just to get to the SECG. Good luck, Les.

The annual slobbering over LSU has commenced.

Not sold.  Less (not more) Miles will prove to be a Curry, DiNardo, Shula.

232373[/snapback]

As an LSU fan I certainly hope that's not the case. However, I think the verdict is still out on Less. His first year was a good year considering what he faced with Katrina. However, it could of easily been a bad year if some of those close games would have gone the other way. If it wasn't for the Miami game I think many LSU fans would be down on Less. I think this year will give us a better barometer of his coaching abilities with the tough road schedule we have and hopefully no natural catastrophes hitting the area.

232453[/snapback]

It amazes me how little some people pay little or no attention to schedule, including the so-called "experts," many of whom seem to have already conceded LSU the SEC title. Anyone can see that LSU is loaded with talent, but I wonder how much consideration even the "experts" gave to the fact that it has to go through Auburn, Gainesville, Knoxville and Fayetteville just to get to the SECG. Good luck, Les.

232816[/snapback]

Precisely--for the last two years, the home team of the AU-LSU went to Atlanta after winning a very close game. I see no reason to expect otherwise this year.

Archived