I need a little help under standing

TruAubFan

I have lived here in Pensacola for the last year and it seems the area has pretty good mix of :sec: fans. On my way home the other day I was tuned into 98.1 the ticket out Destin/Ft. Walton Florida, and could not believe what they were saying. 98.1 was going to be a flag station for :puke::ua: and cover the insider too :eek2: . I could understand if they become flag station for :uf: or Florida State, but bammer no way it was bad enough having to listen Mr. Mullet him self Scott Moore with his :ua: glasses glued to his face, but this to much to for my stomach. May be I am wrong about it so if anybody know any different let me know, because if they become bammer central I might have to :flame: 98.1 :D

As you may or may not know, the panhandle of Florida is not really Florida. What I mean is it's nicknamed LA for Lower Alabama. Especially the eastern side has always seemed to gravitate toward Alabama fans. This has always been sort of a mystery because it would make more sense to be pro Auburn or LSU, if not a Florida team like FSU. But either way there has always seemed to be an invisible line running parallel with

I-10. Even fans here in Florida will tell you the same thing. At the same time though it has been frustrating latley because Mobile was once a fertile ground for Bama recruiting, not so much this year though. :huh:

Don't know about radio in Pensacola but the Auburn station is WPFL 105.1. Could that have anything to do with it?

pensacola has had more Auburn and UAT fans forever. UF and FSU fans are here but nothing close to what Auburn and UAT has here as a fan base.

Archived